PDA

View Full Version : Ball Breakage?

Baozer
08-14-2006, 02:40 PM
I was just outside shooting about 100 paintballs xP and a ball broke inside the gun... i know how to take everything apart but im not sure how to clean it... or what to clean O_O... and what happens if i dont clean it?

[there was also liquid co2 in the barrel and stuff.... does this do anything?]

vwjimmy
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
The answers to all of your questions lies here:
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/

Baozer
08-14-2006, 02:59 PM
thanks for the site :-/ but i cant find where it tells you about cleaning up a ball chop o_O

mv540
08-14-2006, 03:27 PM
use a squeege to clean your barrel, and something dry to clea your bolt, etc..

Baozer
08-14-2006, 03:34 PM
going off topic here... umm.. does anyone know what happens if u leave a half tank of co2 in your pb gun and dont take it off? cause like... i dont like co2 blowing in my face O_O...

vwjimmy
08-14-2006, 04:22 PM
OK....
First, If you don't clean your marker you will go to H#$%!!! Jusk kidding...but seriously, if will not operate right if it is not maintained/cleaned
Second, Otters site describes how to tear down and reassemble your marker. That is the most complete way to clean and oil it and you should do so after every field day. If you are trying to clean a chop or break on the fly while you are playing, a squeegie (a cable or rubber rope type thing) should be put through the barrel. You can use a swab (or battleswab) by puting it down the barrel.
Third, Leaving the CO2 tank on the marker probably won't hurt anything except that it has a better chance of leaking out and it leaves the marker 'loaded' meaning it could fire without warning. Without paint, it might not seem like much but your little sis puts her finger down the feedneck and it goes off it wont be funny.....
Hope this helps!

Baozer
08-14-2006, 04:30 PM
good thing i dont have a lil sister... does anything happen when it leaks... is it like.. a small leak that isnt gonna scare the #?@# out of me while im asleep? or is it like the o ring breaks and it scares the @#$?

vwjimmy
08-14-2006, 04:49 PM
It could blow a o ring but more than likely just run out of CO2...

ooglieboogliebob
08-14-2006, 05:01 PM
CLEAN YOUR GUN !!! If you don't im going to have to chop your head ... literally :p

Keeping the co2 in the gun could break seals, causing leaks. That means down the road your tank would be empty AND your gun would need a rebuild. Don't you think unscrewing your tank is better ??

If you unscrew it slowly while pointing it up until you hear a leak then shoot it quickly a few times, then you won't have not much, if any co2 blow in your face.

BTW i don't think you clearly looked at the paintball bible.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/upkeep.html
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/assemble.html

There ... :rolleyes:

Baozer
08-15-2006, 06:22 AM
thanks lol ^_^ and do remote lines make it so no co2 at all can blow in your face? xPP like.. is there an on/off knob

bamf-hacker
08-15-2006, 07:00 AM
If you get a remote with a slide check then it will act like an on/off. You are still going to get some leakage when you turn it off, but it is not bad. A remote will also remove the need for an anti-siphon in your tank. Since the tank is held in a pack vertically the liquid C02 stays at the bottom of the tank.

I have a remote that I don't use. I got it to lower the weight of the gun on my wrists (bad wrists from my car accident and thumb surgery) I found that is hurt more than helped. it would get caught on tree limbs etc.

My .02 on remotes :)

Baozer
08-15-2006, 07:12 AM
oh... can i get an on/off switch on a plain co2 tank? and like.. if i can how much would it cost..? cause i kind of like the tank on my gun cause it kinda keeps it balanced.... lol this guy is selling his 20 oz tank and remote coil for the spyder for only 25 bucks.. but the tank has expired i think.. he bought it in 2000...

bamf-hacker
08-15-2006, 07:19 AM
yes if it was bought in 2000 it is expired and would to be re-hydro'd (cheaper to get a new one)

You can get an on/off to attach to the tank, here is link to Skanline, but PM Durrell to get the part. His store is now up and running

PM DURRELL FOR THIS (http://www.skanline.com/pages-productinfo/category-709_1448/product-735/paintball-tanks-co2-accessories-smart-parts-smart-parts-preset-on-off-valve.html?zenid=15d136f1d1d6c39fd7ed158a59a15650)

RBA054
10-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes there are on/off valves for both the tank and the ASA connection on your marker. I have an on/off valve on my tank an l really like it. Turn the valve off and remove the tank slowly from the marker and you get Co2 though the purge hole of the marker. I have a remote and the ASA adapter that connects to the marker I installed a On/Off ball valve on it as well so now I can shut the Co2 off at my marker. It does work good. But watch the quick disconnects at the marker end of the remote the one I have is not a check valve style and that is what you want. So when you uncouple the remote a very tiny amount of Co2 escapes.