PDA

View Full Version : Question about "fixed" tanks

dopelogic
08-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi all, im new to the forums (and paintball in general). I have a question regarding fixed N2 tanks. My question is just this: what are the draw backs to having a fixed tank? I'm assuming that that just means that the tank will only ever allow the pressure that its fixed at to escape, right? If i'm planning to add a regulator does this affect me at all? I currently have a Pilot ACS with a few upgrades, and a few more on the way (dye stickies, NDZ clamping feedneck, polished internals already done, and a sundragon trigger and 32* spring kit on the way). Im currently using C02 but have access to have nitro filled at home, so im looking to upgrade to that. I've had a blast playing the past two weeks and am already considering buying a second marker (Smart Parts Ion). Anyway, if someone could fill me in on the whole fixed tank thing, i'd appreciate it. Thanks,

DRAGON
08-13-2006, 03:53 PM
There are no drawbacks of a fixed tank. They're just alot less expensive than an adjustable. Get an HP HPA tank for your Spyder and welcome to the forums -

thechubbss12
08-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Dragon said most of it....

If you have accses to fill you own tank you much remeber to not over fill....

ross * pilot
08-18-2006, 04:41 PM
hey, an added question, even if your spyder is LP, do you still need a high pressure fixed tank (like 800psi) or do you need a low pressure fixed tank?

Live2Play
08-19-2006, 08:32 AM
hey, an added question, even if your spyder is LP, do you still need a high pressure fixed tank (like 800psi) or do you need a low pressure fixed tank?

You can use a high pressure tank on any low pressure gun. The reason is, that the regulator on the gun will lower the air pressure coming from the tank, to that of the gun. If your spyder is LP, I would still use a HP tank just so you dont encounter shoot down.

TheRedBarron
08-19-2006, 10:57 AM
You can use a high pressure tank on any low pressure gun.
Not true, you cannot use a high pressure tank on any LP angel that is pre G7 era.

Live2Play
08-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, I had a feeling that you couldn't on the older angels b/c I thought I read something about that. Thanks for clearing that up red:)

Canadianpballer
09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
So if I had a Smart Parts ION i could use a HP tank with it?

vwjimmy
09-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Yes, Ions will run better with a HP tank! (An LP tank would work but not as well as HP)....LP tanks are really just for Angels....

vikingshadow
09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Not true, you cannot use a high pressure tank on any LP angel that is pre G7 era.

I hate to disagree, but I believe that's not totally true, my moderator brother. I used a high pressure tank on my 04 Speed. Of course, I had to modify the reg a bit and mess with the dwell to get it to shoot below 300 fps and it wasn't to consistant.

Now, it would have worked better if it had been low pressure, but I still used it!