PDA

View Full Version : Ok... Whats the difference between these two regs.

Ace24
08-12-2006, 07:24 PM
I just purchased a CP Shorty off PBN today because when I went in to size up things to purchase for my gun... macroline fittings would not fit in the reg that came with the zip kit :( (Great more money out of my pocket on this project to be unique). What is the difference between a CP Shorty and a regular CP Regulator? I know there is a size and personal comfort element, but is there any proformance benifits of either?

I also came across a problem with fitting a direct mount ASA onto my trigger frame. My holes are too wide to acomindate *sp* the CP On/Off ASA. :( I will have to buy an aluminum block, about the size of the base of my trigger frame, and drill holes to match up with the frame, then drill holes in it to match up with the ASA. I talked to a training machinist that works at the store and he said he could probably do it for me, just it would have to wait untill he went back to college because he has the proper tools there. Is there any other way I can avoid doing this? I really dont want to wait that long before I can use my gun, but do I have any other choice except using the stock ASA and stock regulator? :(

timmyshoota
08-12-2006, 07:39 PM
No difference between the CP long and CP shorty, but if you want the long, I will gladly trade you for your shorty.

You are pretty much stuck to using the stock stuff until he can get you a adapter. I can't believe that its really off though, marv has a TES, which uses the same frame as the T1 and his CIP Unimount fits fine. Thats really shoddy if not all the frames are the same.

marvin-martian
08-12-2006, 08:19 PM
No difference between the CP long and CP shorty, but if you want the long, I will gladly trade you for your shorty.

You are pretty much stuck to using the stock stuff until he can get you a adapter. I can't believe that its really off though, marv had a TES, which uses the same frame as the T1 and his CIP Unimount fits fine. Thats really shoddy if not all the frames are the same.
fixed
and yes, my uni fit fine on that frame

timmyshoota
08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
:dodgy: I'm retarded.

Ace24
08-12-2006, 09:00 PM

If I dont like how the Shorty fits on my gun, I'll let you know.

But its really that off lol. I cant even put my 32* drop on it. Its not a universal spyder mount/holes. They are off by about 3 mm or so. (estamate)

Lemme post some pics of what I mean...

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9784/alignmentprob002yp2.th.jpg (http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alignmentprob002yp2.jpg)

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2278/alignmentprob003qg5.th.jpg (http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alignmentprob003qg5.jpg)

In the second picture, you can really see what I am talking about. The CP On/Off direct mount is the same hole distance apart as the 32* drop I have pictured. The top hole showes the shine of the frame below the drop. There is no way I could fit a screw into that without milling the frame. But the prob with that is, its so close to the hole that is off that it would make one giant long hole that would screw up the thread and wouldnt sit right.

The adapter is the way I will have to go I guess.

Sac
08-12-2006, 10:22 PM
write to the manufacturer and complain, maybe you can get a new frame?

thechubbss12
08-13-2006, 06:34 AM
Ehh Dragun died awhile back man.....

That sux hard man... i didnt have a problem with my frame....

Ace24
08-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Eh... I just gotta find a machienist that can make me an adapter by sept. Otherwise the other guy will.

vwjimmy
08-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Why don't you have the drop modded? Elongating that hole would be fine as long as it is straight and the screw seat is level.....
I have a drop that has one long slot and it works fine.....
Jus a thought...

Ace24
08-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Because I dont want a drop on my gun lol.

I had an idea to get one of those weird Dye mini drop fugly things that move the asa a half inch down from the trigger frame and just drill out one of those... but that would cost me more money and ugh. I think the custom ASA seat will work fine. Just take alot of time. :-\

armando f
08-26-2006, 03:37 AM

You are pretty much stuck to using the stock stuff until he can get you a adapter. I can't believe that its really off though, marv has a TES, which uses the same frame as the T1 and his CIP Unimount fits fine. Thats really shoddy if not all the frames are the same.
ill buy the CP long off you

Hossy
08-26-2006, 07:46 AM
armando, PM him, this is an old thread that he probably wont see

next time u post look at the date when this thread was started, because noone has looked at it in nearly 2 weeks