PDA

View Full Version : HELP advice please

davecuz1975
08-12-2006, 02:45 PM
im from england i am an mr2 owner and i play paintball often at my local walkon woodland enviroments my problem is i come up against ions and tippmans the ions are much quieter and seem to shoot further and more accurate than mine so there hitting me before i get into range to hose them down the tippman users have apex barrels again there quieter and seem to be able to shoot me before i get into range to shoot them.is there anything at all i can do to this marker to make it compete with these markers (somthing to make it quieter and keep on target at longer distances)its very very frustraiting as i have to work harder to get a bit closer,eg be like a ninja crawling through bushes not being able to fire the marker through fear of being detected before i can get into range.if i get pinned down there showering the area and when i return fire its not reaching them,velocities on all markers are checked before we begin and set to the same standard yet they seem to have the advantage.i really need some help to make it a level playing field,again i need help to make my marker a bit quieter and more accurate at longer distance,the ion users are always comenting on how loud my marker is,please please please help me silence my marker a bit and i can silence those dam ion and tippman users,are ther any kind of upgrades,any kind of help would be much appreaciated(please excuse the spelling)HELP ME PLEASE.

Nikolie
08-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Well first off, distance and accuracy are all based around your barrel. The Stock MR2 barrel might as well be a tent peg. Now if you've been around the forums here for a cupple weeks you would pick up the barrel difficulties all MR2 owners currently have... AKA the forward barrel shrowd. This item prevents a very high number of good barrels on the market from being used because they simply dont fit inside. Now there is a cupple of options, if you know a good machine shop you can have most barrels lathed down to fit, the other option is to go with a J&J ceramic, these guys seem to be one of the few that will and are of good quality. 3rd option is to simply take the shrowd off (but i like the way it looks better with it on). As for getting better gas effencty i would suggest you look into an expansion chamber of some sort, Trinity makes one in a banna clip shape, very cool. But the bottom line is your going to be spending a bit more money to get what you want out of your gun. sad but true.

Good luck my friend, and more questions dont be afrade to come and ask :)

Niko

davecuz1975
08-13-2006, 05:01 AM
thanks nikolie i do have a j+j 14 inch on order and i ll look into the expansion chamber upgrade,i was thinking of selling and buying an ion do you think this is a wise move,the other thing thats bugging me is the amount of detents the thing eats and at 3 pounds for 2 in this country its costing me.my mate has a rodeo and all he has done is buy a new barrel and his marker seems just fine gutted they didnt use the same kind of detent as thoes in the mr2 what do you think i should do with regards to selling and buying an ion.

dave

TenderVittles
08-13-2006, 11:01 AM
You could get an apex barrel, it fits through the shroud.

Hossy
08-13-2006, 11:57 AM
hmmmm davecuz1975, if u want me to go into full detail, or have any questions you need to be answerd right away, feel free to IM me at JumboShrimp32, if you have it, or just PM me.

First lets get this straight, I dont have an MR series gun, but i do know alot on spyders.

First, with the low end guns, like you and your friends, or whoever you play with, theres not much IMO that seperates a spyder gun, and a tippman. Ions are better than a tippmann and spyder, but still, its the player that makes the gun really. I could go up against a pro player, and they have a spyder, and me having an ego, dm6 or any High Level gun, and still get beat, the player makes the gun.

second, yes, you need a barrel, great first move, and to make sure ur barrel is accurate, by having good paint to barrel match, meaning the bore sizes of the ball/barrel. second, a nice loader would be nice to have, i dont know what kind you have, but if u dont have an electric loader, or agitated loader, id get one of them..What is the Velocity that you use at the place you go? You may want a spring kit, like a 32* spring kit, very good kit right there.

if there is anything else you want to ask me feel free to PM me or catch me on AIM

Jarhead
08-14-2006, 06:26 AM
I have a Apex on my MR2, I compete and beat the ions and tippmans regularly in distance. The Apex seems to shoot farther than the flatlines. Not only that I got to play with the dive bomber on a bunker Sunday. I just kept adjusting while my partner suprressed the two gus in it. Finally I started dropping them on their heads. Kinda neat. but not practical in a fast game.
The Apex for Spyders fit perfectly and even gives it a silencer look..

breakxeggs
08-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm really shocked that no one has said that the most important thing you need to get is grade A paintballs. Barrels only go so far and then its all up to the ball itself, high end paintballs likes Polar Ice, Premiums, Evil Paint or anything of that type although expensive its well worth it. Not only will your shots be more accurate and go further, but they will break alot easier on people.

As for making your gun beat out Ions, thats all on you. A gun is a gun and it only takes one ball to get someone out. I used to own a MR2 but I sold it when I bought a Shocker. As for selling the MR2 and getting an Ion go ahead and do it if you want. I personaly never liked an ion, my friend had one and I never liked firing it or even holding it. If you want to get a gun like that I suggest just saving up the extra scratch and get a Shocker or DM5 or Etek Ego or something. You can find cheap guns like that on the B/S/T forums at www.pbnation.com

but goodluck in your future of paintball bud.

Jarhead
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
[quote=breakxeggs]I'm really shocked that no one has said that the most important thing you need to get is grade A paintballs. Barrels only go so far and then its all up to the ball itself, high end paintballs likes Polar Ice, Premiums, Evil Paint or anything of that type although expensive its well worth it. Not only will your shots be more accurate and go further, but they will break alot easier on people.

quote]

You are absolutely correct, duh noone has mentioned the most basic. I always try to use premium paint anymore. It is well worth the $$ versus the aggravation.
Another thing a bud told me always buy from a paintball store or a field because they turn the paint over quicker. So you are most likely to get newer paint. Most other places, like a WalMart, you never know how long it has been in their warehouse or if it has been frozen or in high heat.

Jarhead
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
[quote=breakxeggs]I'm really shocked that no one has said that the most important thing you need to get is grade A paintballs. Barrels only go so far and then its all up to the ball itself, high end paintballs likes Polar Ice, Premiums, Evil Paint or anything of that type although expensive its well worth it. Not only will your shots be more accurate and go further, but they will break alot easier on people.

quote]

You are absolutely correct, duh noone has mentioned the most basic. I always try to use premium paint anymore. It is well worth the $$ versus the aggravation.
Another thing a bud told me always buy from a paintball store or a field because they turn the paint over quicker. So you are most likely to get newer paint. Most other places, like a WalMart, you never know how long it has been in their warehouse or if it has been frozen or in high heat.