PDA

View Full Version : Propane?

splaturout
08-12-2006, 11:24 AM
So I was reading that some markers work off of propane.

It last longer than CO2, cost less (over the long haul) is not affected by temp, similar properties to HPA. If this is all true why don't more people use it?

Is it unsafe being it is inflammable? :confused:

colonel_moo
08-12-2006, 11:30 AM
it only works in one gun that i know of (tippmann C3) and its completely different operation from every other marker. it uses combustion of propane to propel the ball, instead of simply releasing compressed gas.

Nenkitsune
08-12-2006, 11:34 AM
it's actually just the C3 by tippman. it actually doesn't use the pressure of the propane, it literally ignites it like a gun. from what i've heard, it's going through some sort of reviewing because of the firing mechanism

splaturout
08-12-2006, 12:36 PM
So it is going to function like a REAL gun? That can not be good. I do NOT forsee this as something I want near me....to much gas and I ignite my hair/clothes on fire. hmmm

calebh
08-12-2006, 12:42 PM
lol

i didnt realize thats how the c3 worked. its kinda cool, but i dont see it being used widely, or even allowed widely...

Jimmyd24
08-12-2006, 09:54 PM
maybe because instead of bunkerin ur enemy u would just run up to them and light a match next to their barrel lol

splaturout
08-13-2006, 03:49 AM
:lolsign:

I could already do that with some of the people I play with and they do NOT have the propane. :D

claustrophobia9
08-13-2006, 05:51 AM
tippman causes birth defects.

splaturout
08-13-2006, 05:58 AM
Lmao!!!!

Jimmyd24
08-13-2006, 08:28 AM
dammmm those tippmann owners

Jimmyd24
08-13-2006, 08:29 AM
i can see the new tippmann commericial now, one minutes hes playing paintball, the next minute hes bbqing his dinner with his gun

splaturout
08-13-2006, 08:32 AM
I wonder if they will have an adapter to hook the gun up to my BBQ grill so I can just fill it at home...That doesn't seem dangerous or anything :dodgy:

Jimmyd24
08-13-2006, 08:46 AM
next thing you know it will be like a back up hurricaine generator powering your own house

newkid
08-15-2006, 05:54 AM
make your paintball gun into a flame thrower

applesauce
08-15-2006, 07:18 AM
ive acctually seen a working model of this gun(at the mich. monster game) and dry fired it a few times...its reallly pretty safe as long as the user isnt a complete moron....then agian some of the people i see in the paintball crowd shouldnt be allowed to own one. but its just a little 16 oz propane tank, its really light and i guess you can put ball on ball almost every shot.

colonel_moo
08-15-2006, 08:02 AM
yeah i donno why you guys all think its such a bad idea. its not like the propane is still flammable after it burns, so "lighting a match next to a barrel" isnt going to do anything but put the match out. plus, i dont see how its dangerous. propane grills and stoves have exposed propane flames, and you're not scared of those... this thing is completely self contained and enclosed. also i have yet to hear about any accidents involving a c3, so they are probably pretty safe so far.

plus its much more efficient (so much its not even comparable to a normal marker) and you can buy the fuel at any wal-mart or camping supply store.

splaturout
08-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Ok....so when was the last time you dove over a bunker with a propane grill on your back? Or punctured a Propane tank? The worries do not lie with the gas AFTER it is ignited, it is when it is still in the tank and leaking out. Has CO2 ever leaked out of a gun and then had it's owner light a cig next to it and explode? hmmm.

That is the worry. These gun get tossed around pretty well and if the seal were to crack or leak and the owner doesn't know it. All it would take is a person smoking a cig next to the gun to cause a HUGE lawsuit!

Jimmyd24
08-15-2006, 09:34 AM
im not really worried about it but i think its just hilarious, to htink of all the things that could go wrong with it and kill people.

Nenkitsune
08-15-2006, 09:37 AM
lol i don't think you should be allowed to own a C3 if you can't smell propane leaking

colonel_moo
08-15-2006, 09:42 AM
there are gas leaks in houses and grills all the time. they are pretty easy to detect, thats why the smell is there. plus, propane disperses so rapidly, if there was a leak (notice i said leak and not total explosion of tank, or complete draining) it would be pretty hard to ignite if you were more than a couple inches away. if the tank did explode, thats a different story. however, when was the last time you saw any kind of tank explode or even fail? i use those propane tanks all the time when im camping. i have had a propane lantern fall from 10+ feet multiple times and its still working and we have never had a problem with the tanks. they are durable, and not put under nearly as much stress as a HPA or co2 tank. plus, we have tank covers to protect them. sure they are not made of 1/4 inch aluminum like a c02 tank, but it would be pretty hard to puncture one. unless you were diving into a pool of nails, they wouldnt puncture. even if you threw it against a rock, the most it would do is dent. they wouldnt sell these things to campers if they werent safe.

DyNasty9
08-15-2006, 10:34 AM
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/c3.gif

Jimmyd24
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
tippmann sucks

bamf-hacker
08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
OK Tippman is not some fly by night company. They have big lawyers and engineers and if the C3 was dangerous they would not be selling them.

They are as dangerous as any paintball gun.

Think of it this way... How many of you have a Propane grill? How many of you leave the Propane tank under the grill while you use it? How many of you keep the tank outside all summer in the heat?

and now the important question........

How many of you have had a Propane tank explode?

They are safe, or they would not have made the marker.

Oh yeah and if you want to add something like Company X Stinks, by all means you are entitled to an opinion, but tell us why.