PDA

View Full Version : 330 mpg car for under 20k

pbfreak3221
08-11-2006, 03:43 PM
I was looking around the same site as that bed was on and I found thishttp://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/aptera-concept-car-330mpg-under-20k-193596.php I mean hey It dosn't look so hot but 330mpg! wow... if any one else finds any other cool things on that site feel free to post em

Hossy
08-11-2006, 03:48 PM
id get it....

TacTownKilla
08-11-2006, 04:30 PM
shens

shunut
08-11-2006, 04:31 PM
looks unstable and ugly, plus there is hardly any room. Gas mileage is great but instead of putting all this money into cars that are that extreme, they need to put money into a more practical car. 330 mpg would be awesome but they should take that technology and apply it to different platforms like family cars. Afterall the cars that size aren't the problem in this country, most get decent gas mileage, 30+ mpg. They need to develop family vehicles and SUVs that get better gas mileage, they are the ones eating the gas up.

splaturout
08-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Thank you for your permission to post things we want and find :p

To ugly for me...plus when I take all four of us out I don't want to make 4 trips. At that point I might as well just get an SUV.

ooglieboogliebob
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Well, if someone gave one to me i wouldn't hesitate to use it ... :)

DRAGON
08-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Aptera + Mac truck = pwn'd as a highway worker scrapes up the ugly residue from the road w/a spatula -

newkid
08-11-2006, 07:32 PM
yank the engine out and put it in an S-10

claustrophobia9
08-11-2006, 07:50 PM
http://electronickits.com/kit/complete/remote/ak870.jpg runs on AA's and is 20 bucks. infinitiy/0 MPG :dodgy:

splaturout
08-12-2006, 04:13 AM
:yeahthat:

QFT FTW

claustrophobia9
08-12-2006, 05:49 AM
see i want a car that uses pure hydrogen and pure oxygen and burns the hydrogen then when i pull and drift into the parrallel parking spot where hundreds are watching, ill walk to the tailpipe and get me a nice distilled water drink....

splaturout
08-12-2006, 05:59 AM
That would be a great idea....The problem with those type of cars in MN is we would need someway to get rid of the water during and after we are driving. During winter dumping water on the road way out the tailpipe would be a HUGE hazard. If we could figure out a way to contain the water, find a conveniant (sp?) way to dispose of it, most people in MN (and states where winter is a problem) would love it. After living in Pasadena CA with the wonderful SMOG (although you get great sunset because of the toxic air) I love MN. I can step outside and breath in fresh air and I would love to keep it that way. It would be cool to have a dispenser hooked up to the water tank so everyone could have some fresh, clean water to drink while driving (although thinking more about it we would have more restroom stops.)

Hydrogen/Oxygen would be the most wonderful car out there. When prices and saftey issues are addressed.

claustrophobia9
08-12-2006, 10:42 AM
compress it and reuse it as fuel. the only problem is that it takes solar panels the size of the tops of bp gas stations a week to get a charge large enough to convert that much water to hydrogen and oxygen.

personally i was thinking you convert the massive oil drillers to solar fields in the middle of the ocean... it would be great because you wouldnt have to add electrolytes (salt) to the water for the hydrolosis process. then have gas station empty one tank of water while filling another with gases. then the water, (mostly) purified (execpt for possible oils in the fuel) could be emptied into a cleaning facility and dumped in the ocean and it would start all over again.

edit: i also had an idea about harnessing more energy from water around the "solar field" by putting a liquid that boils at a low temperature under the water and allowing it to absorb the energy from water around it, creating a steam that drives a motor and builds a current.