PDA

View Full Version : Co2 Question, Kit, and Other

JMotioN
08-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I got a few questions for you guys:
First: the cap on my co2 bottle is bent in, in one spot just above the oring. Should i be worrying enough to purchase a new tank? It sort of dips in, ive circled it on the attached photo. Sorry i dont have a real picture, my digital camera is down in FL.

Second: Anti-Siphon Kit worth the 10 dollars and how bad do i need it. I have no plans of upgrading since the course i regulary play at is 15 dollars for fills all day, 500 shots, its about 2min drive from my house, and it doesnt carry compressed air.

Third: I have a JT Elite mask with stock lense. About.com says i should Not clean it with Windex bc it creates small cracks in the lense. I did it one time, am i in serious need of a new lense replacement?

Fourth: Lastly i field strip my gun and oil the Oring on the striker, i also drop 3 drops into the asa and shoot 10-20 times. Anything else i should be oiling? Ive read posts but they arent helpful, nicknames confuse me :(.

Sorry i bet some of this has been repeated but i couldnt find anything.

Hossy
08-11-2006, 02:27 PM
I think the co2 is fine, it would be nice to show us exactly what is the problem, so see if you can use a camera.

Umm anti siphon is up to you, if u keep on playing, eventually you will upgrade, to something that probably that uses HPA....so really, i dont think it is nessary

About.com----use us instead....

JMotioN
08-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Thank you for responding ^^

First: When my brother gets back i will have a few pics for you, sorry about that.

Second: Perfect answer thank you, since we just play woodsball not thinking about it, but once i get a job il probaly get a high end marker.

Third: No more about.com yes sir! Stumbled apon it when i was bored during Multimedia. But should i be worried about a shot breaking the lense?

Fourth: still stands for the taker to answer it

druid
08-11-2006, 04:56 PM
third: click the Bible in my signature. It's got all the maintenence info you could want..but to directy answer your question, your oiling method's fine.

fourth: Windex uses Amonia which penetrates the pores and imperfections in plastic. It causes microfractures that you cannot see. I suggest getting a new lense...which by the way, should be changed once a year anyway.

JMotioN
08-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks :D ok now for another question, what lense do u recomend and thanks for the info on oiling. And look at my setup, i plan on getting me some dye stickies, anything else i should get? my marker feeds and shoots pretty good id im happy with it, but u guys know everything so id like to have your opinion. Most of my addons i got where from getting the recommendations off of pbreview.

ooglieboogliebob
08-11-2006, 06:10 PM
not anything else you can really get performance wise unless you want to go LP, Although i would reccomend doing all of the home mods on www.ottersccustoms.com

First: The co2 should be fine for now. I'v had a dent in mine before, as long as the o-ring does it's job to keep the tank from leaking from the ASA you should be fine. If you feel anything is wrong with your tank, go and replace it. Don't take any risks, since it is a tank under high pressure, it is pretty much a missle.

Second: The Anti-siphon kit is deffinetely worth it. You would be able to keep liquid co2 from getting into your gun. Although rather than doing this, you could put in a reg although that isn't as good as an anti-siphoned co2 tank.

Third: Deffinetely replace the lense. Your eyes are not something to be messed around with. You really are only supposed to clean your lenses with luke warm water and a soft cloth (or else you'll put scratches on the lenses). Use a microcloth if you have one. Windex isn't a good solution to put on your lenses, rather if you need to use soap, but remember to wash all of it off.

Fourth: http://www.ottersccustoms.com/assemble.html
Oil every o-ring there is in the gun. Also oil the cupseal. The oil down the ASA should just be used sparingly. You should really completely strip your gun after every play, to ensure maximum performance.

I hope this helped :D

newkid
08-11-2006, 07:01 PM
fourth: Windex uses Amonia which penetrates the pores and imperfections in plastic. It causes microfractures that you cannot see. I suggest getting a new lense...which by the way, should be changed once a year anyway.
how do you aquire all this info druid????

Ace24
08-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Druid = God... nuff said.

JMotioN
08-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the help so far guys:

Im purchasing a lens from first call paintball, its 15 bucks plus ship. Any advantage to smoke? il pay 1 more dollar for it, everyone seems to be getting it.

After that im gonna purchase a 32 spring kit, anti siphon kit , and a black do rag :D from www.sundragonpps.com.

Should i go for the 500g spli switch and the magno trigger too from www.sundragonpps.com?

Jimmyd24
08-11-2006, 07:39 PM
i wouldnt advise using windex, my friend used it for a while and his googles actually began to develop a small crack, but as long as you havent done it like more than ten times, you should be fine

bamf-hacker
08-11-2006, 07:50 PM
i wouldnt advise using windex, my friend used it for a while and his googles actually began to develop a small crack, but as long as you havent done it like more than ten times, you should be fine

Wrong Wrong Wrong....

DO NOT USE THE GOGGLES IF THEY HAVE BEEN CLEANED WITH WINDEX!!!

The lenses of the goggles are there for a reason, to protect your eyes from a 200mph paintball. If you use lenses cleaned with Windex you are risking your eye sight or worse every time you play. A small crack in the lenses could cause them to shatter on impact sending shards of plastic into your face and eyes.

The only thing you should clean your lenses with is H20 or an approved lense cleaner.

and like Druid said you should replace your lenses every year and after a direct hit to them.

IF YOU CAN NO LONGER SEE YOU CAN'T PLAY PAINTBALL ANYMORE!!

Sorry if I was harsh on you Jimmyd24 with the "wrongs"

ooglieboogliebob
08-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Wrong Wrong Wrong....

DO NOT USE THE GOGGLES IF THEY HAVE BEEN CLEANED WITH WINDEX!!!

The lenses of the goggles are there for a reason, to protect your eyes from a 200mph paintball. If you use lenses cleaned with Windex you are risking your eye sight or worse every time you play. A small crack in the lenses could cause them to shatter on impact sending shards of plastic into your face and eyes.

The only thing you should clean your lenses with is H20 or an approved lense cleaner.

and like Druid said you should replace your lenses every year and after a direct hit to them.

IF YOU CAN NO LONGER SEE YOU CAN'T PLAY PAINTBALL ANYMORE!!

Sorry if I was harsh on you Jimmyd24 with the "wrongs"

Bamf-Hacker is right. If you've used windex on your goggles purchase new lenses !!! Risking your eyesite isn't a good idea. Most people take it for granted, but it's something you need to be able to live with ease.

Again, im going to give feedback to Bamf and Druid that you SHOULD replace your lenses after every year or after a direct hit. Whichever comes first. Lenses arn't very expensive, but having eye surgery is. Think about it.

If it's enough to save someones life, then it's never too harsh. What has to be said, should be said. Nice job Dan ;)

JMotioN
08-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Alright Alright Alright

THAT LAST POST DOES IT FOR ME!!!

(hoped that looks like i tried to pick on you :D) il be ordering my lenses soon :D

JMotioN
08-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey guys i got my camera back (brother finally came home :D). I took a few pictures for you to tell me. The dip is on the left side i think it both pics. Sorry if its not too good im just not all that good with the camera. I also wanna know what this cap that came with my pack is. I have a normal none "ridged" cap for my co2 then i have this cap (pics below) that has ridges in it? Is it used for something? A defective they sent me? Thanks for the help guys.http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/jmokris/Picture010.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/jmokris/Picture011.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/jmokris/Picture009.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/jmokris/Picture008.jpg

Baozer
08-26-2006, 02:04 PM
crud.. i dont remember if i ever cleaned my lense with windex.. *sigh* ima go shoot my mask 5 times from a foot away and see if it shatters >.>

JMotioN
08-26-2006, 02:14 PM
O.o ok have fun... anyways..

stylinbeaver
08-26-2006, 02:23 PM
The dint is fine. I have one on my compressed air tank. The only thing it does, is when you screw the tank in it will catch and won't turn no more. You just
have to start the threads the other way. I have no clue why the end cap is cut like that. Maybe it's just for looks.

ooglieboogliebob
08-26-2006, 05:22 PM
crud.. i dont remember if i ever cleaned my lense with windex.. *sigh* ima go shoot my mask 5 times from a foot away and see if it shatters >.>

Please .... don't shoot your mask 5 times from a foot away >.<. After every goggle hit, you should replace your lenses. For safety reasons of course.

That dent shouldn't be a problem. As long as it seals fine your alright. The cap is defective. You should probably get a new one ... ;)

Baozer
08-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Please .... don't shoot your mask 5 times from a foot away >.<. After every goggle hit, you should replace your lenses. For safety reasons of course.

That dent shouldn't be a problem. As long as it seals fine your alright. The cap is defective. You should probably get a new one ... ;)

Are you serious? isnt that expensive :-/ i mean.. like.. if your playing a game.. and you get hit in the lense.. then you should like.. replace it right afterwards?!?

splaturout
08-26-2006, 06:25 PM
After a cop get hit with a bullet in a bulletproof vest would they use the same one without changing it? Same idea! Yea it is expensive and No I do not do it either. I do change after every season or 5 hits to the goggles but that usually doesn't happen in a season. If you have the moeny though it is a good idea.

Baozer
08-26-2006, 06:28 PM
dude.. i would totally reused a bullet proof vest those are expensive too lol... but yeah.. do rentals change the lenses? i got mine used.. so ima just buy a new lense... >.<