PDA

View Full Version : speaker problem

G_O_O_D_Y17
08-11-2006, 12:49 PM
i have a speaker in my home theater setup that makes this contstant high pitched noise, the noise never changes when i mess with the volume, im not sure what the problem is i thnk it might be the speaker wire, but if you know what the problem is could you help me. thanks

splaturout
08-11-2006, 02:47 PM
You are getting crossover noise from an un-shielded cable somewhere. Make sure you do not have power cords running in-line and next to speaker and RCA cables. Also make sure that you do not have any cable wrapped around another cable. Also check to make sure that you have no crossing over of cable where the speaker wires are connected to the speaker and the amp. Sometimes you will get stray strands of copper crossing near or on the binding post. If that doesn't work....try to isloate the wires...if that doesn't work then you might have problems with the power coming into your home. You may have to get a power center with noise isolation. Let me know if anything here works or not.

G_O_O_D_Y17
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
since its a fairly old system like 10 years old im going to replace all the wires and i think that will fix it.

splaturout
08-11-2006, 05:29 PM
You may not need to though...The speaker cable may be just fine...unless it is the stuff that came in the box then YES get new stuff...gold tip ends!!!!! :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
08-11-2006, 08:04 PM
You may not need to though...The speaker cable may be just fine...unless it is the stuff that came in the box then YES get new stuff...gold tip ends!!!!! :dodgy:
ur not gonna keep *****ing about that are you, you were wrong i was right. [/discussion]

it also could be the reciever. i had an old one that used to make a ton of noise because it kept building up static electricity from its power supply. i could get a massive blue spark jump 3 inches when i went to turn it off... hurt so bad.

splaturout
08-12-2006, 04:16 AM
That would be a bad thing.....yea...you were right and I was right either way it is funny! Gold tips make me laugh. It is like having a 200 mph car and then putting on tires that will only allow you to go 150 mph. I perfer the fast one even if I have to occasionally have to maintain it to keep it orperating at a higher level.