PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

verliererkolben
08-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Hi,
i am pretty new at this stuff... i just bought a sonix semi automatic and i was taking off my CO2 tank when the o-ring on the CO2 tank broke, i was wondering if anyone knew if i could you the o-rings i got spare with the gun. One i orangish-yellow, and the other is black.

Thanks for the help...

stylinbeaver
08-11-2006, 06:10 AM
You can use them. Make sure you replace it before you put the tank back on or you'll leak air. And they sell o rings at walmart or any online paintball place have them.

Hossy
08-11-2006, 06:29 AM
And they sell o rings at walmart or any online paintball place have them.

yeah, any online place will sell u a load of orings, for pretty cheep. I wouldnt buy anything paintball wise at wallmart, like paint and all, so if you have a paintball shop around you, id suggest you go there over any other store, such as walmart

ooglieboogliebob
08-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Well generally tank o-rings are #15's. Rather than buying them on a paintball site, or walmart, you can buy them in bulk for pretty cheap. Those spare o-rings can be used, and will work just as good as regular tank o-rings.

Either go to home depot, and match up the sizes of the o-rings

Or

Go to www.mcmaster.com.

Search "o-ring"
Then go to #15 where it says AS568A Dash Number
Click on Buna-N
Then, scroll down and click on standard.
They should be $3.06 per Pack of 100

These o-rings will last you a long time, in comparisons to those polyurethane o-rings sold at walmart for $3.50 for a pack of 10. Shipping costs would be only around 2 dollars, and this would generally last you a life time.

I do have some advice for you in order to quit blowing o-rings. When your gun is cocked and full of air, you need to unscrew your tank slowly, while pointed up. As soon as you hear leaking quickly pull the trigger a few times. It will fully degass your marker. Many people think that this wastes air, but in reality it is as much as your losing while just inscrewing the tank.

verliererkolben
08-11-2006, 08:14 AM
hey,
Thanks everyone for the help and advice... wow those were quick responses! i can't wait, i am going out to play right now!

THANKS!:)

Ace24
08-11-2006, 06:20 PM
yeah, any online place will sell u a load of orings, for pretty cheep. I wouldnt buy anything paintball wise at wallmart, like paint and all, so if you have a paintball shop around you, id suggest you go there over any other store, such as walmart

Scorch, by Game Face paintball is a good paint. They sell at walmart. I've never had problems with their paint aside form the fact that they age fast.