PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitors

G_O_O_D_Y17
08-10-2006, 11:43 PM
does anyone no what i need to get and how to set up a duel monitor setup for my computer.

SniperX
08-10-2006, 11:48 PM
a graphics card that supports dual monitor setup and two monitors.

DFSniper
08-11-2006, 01:48 AM
personally, i like ATI, and their Catalyst system has built-in dual monitor setup. the best card ive seen so far is the X750 (it performs better than the X1600)

leed
08-11-2006, 02:29 AM
ATI works well, I'm using Radeon 9000 right now as my card on my laptop, and it works fine with dual monitors. I wish I could extend the tool bar to both, anyone know how? (by tool bar, I mean the bar at the bottom where things are minimized and such).

A lot of computers now come stock with video cards that can handle dual monitors.

bamf-hacker
08-11-2006, 05:09 AM
or you can use 2 video cards.

Warnichek
08-11-2006, 06:36 AM
I have a new ATI Radeon 9250 for my new computer. What do have to do to diable the existing video card? I can't see to find it on my computer( as far as what the name of it is). Can I just install the new one and load the drivers?

splaturout
08-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Just take is out!

Warnichek
08-11-2006, 07:05 AM
I don't know where it is. It is not like a regular video card. I thought it was in the motherboard

G_O_O_D_Y17
08-11-2006, 12:40 PM
i think im gonna get the ATI RADEON 9250 256MB DDR PCI Graphics Card from best buy, its fairly cheap and i think it supports duel monitors

claustrophobia9
08-11-2006, 12:54 PM
think it supports duel monitors
thinking doesnt make it work with 2 monitors, ask before you buy.

Warnichek
08-11-2006, 01:14 PM
i think im gonna get the ATI RADEON 9250 256MB DDR PCI Graphics Card from best buy, its fairly cheap and i think it supports duel monitors
Same one I got but i don't know about the dual Moniter thing yet.

leed
08-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Same one I got but i don't know about the dual Moniter thing yet.

If it has two monitor plug ports (of the same kind) then it will. If not, probably doesn't. But if it's for a laptop, then it will only have one, if any at all.

You should be able to run both video cards simultaneously anyways. Just load the drivers, and it should be able to identify the card. Your old video card may be integrated, so you might not actually have one, in which case, it is probably built in withosmething else, otherwise, you'll find the videocard in the tower wherever the monitor plugs in.

calebh
08-13-2006, 09:06 AM
ATI works well, I'm using Radeon 9000 right now as my card on my laptop, and it works fine with dual monitors. I wish I could extend the tool bar to both, anyone know how? (by tool bar, I mean the bar at the bottom where things are minimized and such).

that would depend on the software for the card. usually, you would only do that with identical monitors, but it should be possible. just look around in the display properties, and on my computer, nvidea has its own menus and things to fool around with built into the windows display thingy.

vwjimmy
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
The onboard video and your new card will work for a dual setup but....
performance will be dictated by the slower of the two...so if your gaming and you have both drivers working windows will limit performance to the slower of the two......the monitors don't matter as much....to use duals with great performance, you will have to buy two identical cards and disable the onboard video or get a new card with dual processors...

leed
08-13-2006, 07:17 PM
that would depend on the software for the card. usually, you would only do that with identical monitors, but it should be possible. just look around in the display properties, and on my computer, nvidea has its own menus and things to fool around with built into the windows display thingy.

Figured it out, those intrested, go to google, and search MultiMon

*EM1-Master*
08-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't know where it is. It is not like a regular video card. I thought it was in the motherboard
Probably is... You probably just need to set it up in the BIOS... Enter the BIOS when you're starting up, disable onboard graphics (may be called Intel Extreme or something) and enable AGP

SniperX
08-13-2006, 09:07 PM
1 question are you running AGP , PCI express? or just plain PCI? for graphics cards. i can help u find the perfect new G card for ur rig if u can tell me the specs of ur comp and how much watts ur PSU *powersupply* is putting out

DFSniper
08-14-2006, 02:41 PM
on my ATI, you can go to the control panel and display, andi then go to settings and theres a screen with a drop-down bar that lets you pick your display.

for a new card, check ebay. my friend got an almost brand-new ATI X750 for $31!