PDA

View Full Version : Remotes

ShutterPaint
01-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Hello, thanks for responding to my previous wuestions in helop in need. but i got another one. Remotes. What are they for? do they connect your co2 tanks to your gun? Thanks:D

bamf-hacker
01-06-2006, 06:28 PM
A remote attaches to your C02 or HPA tank and then to the marker. The tank is held in a pack and the hose goes to the gun ASA. It makes the gun lighter but takes some getting used to. I use both air on gun and a remote. I have had surgery on both my wrists/thumbs and if we play for a long time i need to lighten up my gun.

Hope that helps

HacKeR

druid
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
remotes won't work with antisiphonned co2 tanks...just to let you know

thechubbss12
01-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Ok well i see as you have awnsered his question i have a question (without starting a new topic)

Why wont it work in the remote? Cause i dont use eather im just curious?

leed
01-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Becuase you will have a siphon tube instead of an antisiphon tube. Why? becuase with the tank vertical, (valve pointing up) the liquid CO2 would accumlate and the anti siphon tube (depending on how long or short it is) may be submerged in the liquid CO2 and will end up sucking it all up instead of the Gaseous CO2. Now you could probably run your CO2 tank upsidedown with the remote, with antisiphon, and it would work, but it'd just be cheaper to just run a remote on a CO2 tank w.o the anti-siphon. Becuase it doesn't need one. At all.

bigred76
01-07-2006, 10:14 AM
QFT Leed. I have only had one tank completely freeze over (I mean I could hear the solid CO2 banging around when I shook the tank) on me when I was using my remote, and that one was an anti-siphoned one.

druid
01-07-2006, 11:35 AM
is that when you burned off your fingerprints??? :bigshock: :bigshock: :pwnd: :butwiggle: :fishhead: :jester:

bigred76
01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Nope, this was actually before that. Didn't get myself hurt that time, you asshat. :nutkick:

colonel_moo
01-07-2006, 01:10 PM
QFT Leed. I have only had one tank completely freeze over (I mean I could hear the solid CO2 banging around when I shook the tank) on me when I was using my remote, and that one was an anti-siphoned one.

shens. solidified co2? i dont think so :)

timbertiger20
01-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Well......just to clear things up.......anti siphoned CO2 does work via remote! If you have a vertical CO2 tank setup in you pack or vest it won't work correctly. But my Cops 911 vest holds them horizontal and it works great with anti-siphoned tanks, just make sure and put an upwards mark so you put them in correctly!

Recon by Fire
01-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh! That reminds me of my last woodsball game; I and another player were hunting down the last hold out from the other team. We had him corned in some heavy cover but did not know his exact location....until the burst disk on a tank that was on remote in his pack blew! LOL

*EM1-Master*
01-07-2006, 06:07 PM
shens. solidified co2? i dont think so :)
Ummmm, dry ice anyone?:p

bigred76
01-07-2006, 11:39 PM
QFT, EM1. :D

Nice Recon. I've had to face a couple of those kinda chuckleheads myself. :smirk: