PDA

View Full Version : Tl-R Long Range Curving

PhynxPhire
08-08-2006, 12:03 PM
At whatever it is 200 yards or so i get not drastic but substantial curve of the paintball, my question is, is it the barrel or the grade of paint.

I assume its the paint because it shoots straight for that range up until the end, just looking for a lil verification on if i am right or not.

vikingshadow
08-08-2006, 12:38 PM
If you're shooting 200 YARDS (the length of two football fields), it's the speed the paint is going - as in 900 ft per second! Most markers only shoot about 150 FEET before dropping significantly. You want to be shooting at 280-300 feet per second to maintain safe shooting...

However, it could be your paint, although I think it has more to do with the speed. Paint sometimes naturally curves in flight because it's not a solid sphere without blemishes on the outside - the seam, dimples, flat spots all contribute to the flight of the ball.

PhynxPhire
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Yea i had no concept of range, but i do shoot at least 200 feet or more. I play backdoor paintball, i dont play on real fields.

So yea, it was as i figured, its the impurity and quality of the paint i was shooting, thx.

ooglieboogliebob
08-08-2006, 03:22 PM
hey get a chronograph then !!!!!!

Your gonna kill yourself if you don't ... or possibly permanently injure yourself ...

275-300 should be your FPS ... anything more than that and you could crack the goggles of another human being.

Your probably shooting hot, which makes the paintball turn into different shapes making it fly in different places.

Also, you need a good paint to barrel match, and good barrel ...

Read www.ottersccustoms.com for information

PhynxPhire
08-08-2006, 04:59 PM
The barrel is fine, and the caliber is fine, and so is my velocity thanks. Ive been playing this damn game for 6 years.

Not to be rude to you but i dont need a lecture about the safety of this game, sorry.

But ty for caring :D

ooglieboogliebob
08-08-2006, 06:50 PM
I was just starting, but to get into more dept .... Just trying to narrow down the options.

Whats the FPS then ??

Whats the brand of the aftermarket barrel ... (stock isn't very good)

... Put the paint in the barrel. It shouldn't just roll through, and it shouldn't get stuck. It should be just so you can push it through. Is that how it is ??

What brand of paint is it ?? If it's some walmart brand, or seconds paint, then all the paint won't be perfectly round, which would lead to curving ....

PhynxPhire
09-12-2006, 09:38 PM
there is no roll through problem or problem at all anymore, its fixed.