PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM: Combined Assult

Ace24
08-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Whos getting it?

It comes out in November 2006 for the PS2. There will be the new maps, the old SOCOM 3 maps, new guns and additions to the guns, three different vehicle classes (scout, medium and heavy), SNOW MAPS!, better graphics, better physics, 4 player multi tap on the same TV, 4 player online story mode, 32 player online multiplayer maps, and supposidly new types of maps.

Here is a video:
http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97545/Site/

I know I'm getting it.

marvin-martian
08-08-2006, 11:40 AM
the reason i didnt get socom 3 was the vehicles, and since theyll be in this one too im not wasting my cash money. the 4 player multitap sounds like it will have horrible gameplay just because of the size of the screen. socom is a game where you need to see everything clearly, and you wont be able to do that.

snow maps? there have been snow maps since the first game. blizzard was my second favorite map to play.

durrell
08-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Halo > Socom

DFSniper
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
hmm, finally i can use my ps2 multi-tap after all these years!

Ace24
08-08-2006, 08:30 PM
the reason i didnt get socom 3 was the vehicles, and since theyll be in this one too im not wasting my cash money. the 4 player multitap sounds like it will have horrible gameplay just because of the size of the screen. socom is a game where you need to see everything clearly, and you wont be able to do that.

snow maps? there have been snow maps since the first game. blizzard was my second favorite map to play.
THere havent been snow maps in SOCOM 3. Also the vehicles add an amazing element to the game, you can also turn them off. You dont have to play with them on. No offence but thats a poor excuse lol.

Ace24
08-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Halo > Socom

You cant compare the two. Its a completely different genre. FPS and TPS cant be compared, and the game style is totally different. One is realistic and the other is about as realistic as me flying.

Victa_Balla
08-09-2006, 02:22 AM
Battlefield (games)>Socom

Sandman_Bravo
08-09-2006, 03:30 AM
I've played just about all battlefield/soldier/war games and SOCOM is by far the best. I recently finished Rouge Trooper (X-box) - that was excellent. Ghost Recon series are good, but I don't really care for Tom Clancy stuff. If you have the chance, check out Fireteam Bravo on PSP; it is awesome and you can synch it with SOCOM 3 to unlock new stuff in both games.
Yeah, I'm picking up the next SOCOM, I mean just look at my username-lol.

Warnichek
08-09-2006, 07:16 AM
I never finished the first one yet. How sad is that? I am such a loser! Always wanted to get the second just because of the commercials.

xNinja-Dolphinx
08-09-2006, 08:27 AM
QFT

Ace24
08-09-2006, 09:58 AM

Once again. It cant be compared. Totally different game genre styles. One is a massive environment FPS the other is a more squad based TPS (FPS is first person shooter, TPS third person shooter)

But it is personal opinion.

Picking up a copy of S3 is only $20 now, so the guy that said that he hasnt finished the first yet, should pick up 2 and 3. Personally I liked 2 the most. 3 has alot of flaws that they are fixing in Combined Assult. But who doesnt like the idea of customising the weapons they have to meet their every need. With Combined Assult there are even more additions to the weapons. Its going to be crazy!

BTW, my S3 name is Ace_Legend for those who have it. (I was the origonal Ace for socom 1 and 2 but stupid socom 3 had to make it so that the names couldnt be any less then 5 charactors.)

claustrophobia9
08-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Halo > Socom
rsix3 community > halo community

Ace24
08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
That was a fun game... but its mad old lol... I have that gam elol

ricochet08
08-09-2006, 12:08 PM
I never finished the first one yet. How sad is that? I am such a loser! Always wanted to get the second just because of the commercials.

FINISH IT!!!! :D
the last mission is the best IMO.

but im definitely getting the new Socom. just gotta sell Socom 3 :(

TheRogueGnome
08-09-2006, 01:44 PM
ghost recon on 360 > halo

DFSniper
08-09-2006, 02:20 PM
i had the first one, but my friend moved before i could finish it, so i had to give it back. right now im addicted to Battlefield (especially the Desert Storm mod!) Battle of the Bulge is probably the best map i've ever played.

Ace24
08-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Battlefield for the computer is good. On the platforms... eh... it doesnt have the expandibility.

durrell
08-09-2006, 04:01 PM

Rainbow Six 3 > Halo > Ghost Recon > Splinter Cell > SOCOM

I had a PS2 and played Socom, and that game sucked compared to any shooters I've played on Xbox.

Ace24
08-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Rainbow Six 3 is better on the PS2... Halo is better on the computer, Ghost recon sucks period, Splinter cell is eh... SOCOM is amazing online.

I am talking about the online play... idk if thats why your complaining... The single player is gay. Online is the only way to go on that game.

durrell
08-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Rainbow Six 3 is better on the PS2... Halo is better on the computer, Ghost recon sucks period, Splinter cell is eh... SOCOM is amazing online.

I am talking about the online play... idk if thats why your complaining... The single player is gay. Online is the only way to go on that game.

Ahh, see I was talking about single player..it's garbage.

DFSniper
08-10-2006, 03:20 AM
anyone play F.E.A.R.??? it makes Doom 3 look like Barbie! the AI is probably the most realistic i've seen in any shooting game. if you try to shoot them, they'll hide behind the box or whatever, wait a while, then come out the other side. and they can jump over railings and stay in constant radio communication with each other. when my friend got it, he thought it would be squad based, but it turns out its no.

marvin-martian
08-10-2006, 07:38 AM
omg, FEAR is amazing. the AI is so intense. im a fps god, and when i started playing i had a hard time with the first few levels up until i got used to it.

claustrophobia9
08-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Rainbow Six 3 is better on the PS2... are you high? Halo is better on the computeragain i ask you, are you high? halo 1 was never online on xbox, weve been talking about halo2 besides halo has always been better on xbox, online or not, Ghost recon sucks periodtrue, Splinter cell is eh... SOCOM is amazing online.

I am talking about the online play... idk if thats why your complaining... The single player is gay. Online is the only way to go on that game.online rocks. but even playstation developers admit that r6 was better on xbox, theres not even an argument there. xbox r6 > ps2 r6. halo computer was only good because it had a flamethrower, but i have yet to see halo 2 on computer, which is what we were talking about. and socom aint got **** on bf. and you CAN compare the two. especailly when i dont care how squads are set up, i care what the right trigger does(or w/e they have on ps2, like bumpers), if they all shoot... its the same genre.

gears is the best looking fps that has been announced, with crysis behind it.

btw... i play css with friends at lan parties. alot of them hear my taunts and tell me to look at the scoreboard (where they are 1 slot above me in tot. kills) then i remind them that ive been playing pistols (silencer if applicable :)) only and they havent. fps games to me: its all about the style. i played the same in rainbow (i still had a big gun for when it got out of hand). btw... deagles suck. <- dont give me the "its powerful" they all kill with headshots. usp>deagle because of its larger clip. when i play pistols only usually it will catch steam and my entire team will start owning up with pistols, but thats never happened when i played socom on my bro's ps2... im like "hey lets shoot them with some pistols" and they are like, "you cant camp with a pistol, i need my m249" :dodgy:

Warnichek
08-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Maybe off topic, but does BF require you to buy all the ones before it or can you just pick one to download?

Modded-Like-Hell
08-14-2006, 04:54 PM
am going to buy the new socom. I was good online in 3 and still am, so i guess i will get it. any of you guy that play 3 registered on gamebattle.