PDA

View Full Version : I Need Tipz

GFXAddict
08-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey I just got on a team recently and Im pretty much a home player, I was wondering If you guys could give me tips on how to be the best back player possible. And I already know COMMUNICATE so no need to say that.

TacTownKilla
08-07-2006, 09:43 PM
COMMUNICATE :dodgy:

ad0131065
08-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Don't get shot :dodgy: and mow faces

Sandman_Bravo
08-08-2006, 04:17 AM
Play against other teams who are better than you, watch their technique & strategies. Have friends watch you play and give suggestions of what you can do to be a better player. A lot of times it's difficult to "see" what you are doing in gameplay. Having someone watch you and critique' you can help hone your skills. Don't be passive and play a defensive game - don't be too agressive and play a kamikaze game.
Be positive influence on the sport, not an egotistical, self centered tool.

yamaha cow
08-08-2006, 10:43 AM
dont be greedie looking out of wat your behind, i have only played back man 1 but that is what i found out, i am a front man most of the time.

thechubbss12
08-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Humm the back man placement makes you one of the most important postitions in the game... IMO its is the position to take... If you take out the other teams back men off break then the game is yours... Bottom line it will be a game aggainst a blind team of players who have no cover to move...

Always remeber to learn to shoot with both hands.... Also although snap shooting is not important in your postion learn to do it well just incase you get stuck in a situation... Also make sure to lean your hopper into the bunker not 0utwards... Remeber that Comunication is you best friend and you need to run over your calls with your players (names for each bunker, if the other teams front is doing a run though, ETC). When walking the field look at each postions and what ever bunkers are avaliable to for you to move to that you are still able to see the field and make sure to move to them...

You will need to work vigeriously on moving and shooting because sometimes your chance to move and your mid mans chance to move will happen at the same time and he will still need your cover even if you are in the middle of a move. Keep your cool and learn that you are the most important part of the field and that fact that you dont have to run, slide, dive, snap shoot very often does not make you any less important on that field...

Good luck man... BTW if you have any questions about how to play any postion i am here and can awnser almost any of them....

GFXAddict
08-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok thnx Chubss And thnx everyone else for your help.

DRAGON
08-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Always remember this: do not pop your head from behind cover more than twice at a time from one particular spot.

vikingshadow
08-10-2006, 05:01 AM
All you ever wanted to know about playing back... (http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=PagEd&file=index&topic_id=14&page_id=18)

It's a good article!

I think that the best thing you can have as a backman is trust. If your fronts and mids don't trust you to be behind them to help them out, you obviously aren't doing your job. I've played with people who I refuse to play on their side of the field because I didn't think they would protect me. Communication, shooting LOADS of paint consistantly and quickly, and ACCURATELY, as well as the ability to move when needed - I never bought into the staying in the back until the game was over bit....

GFXAddict
08-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Good find viking thnx.

claustrophobia9
08-13-2006, 12:33 PM
buy lots of paint, i play insert (or a variety of) and i lane from a back bunker for about a little before i move up and leave the full time back guys back there and i unload maybe 3 pods on key locations. supression(ew... i feel all woodsy now that i said that... how about "mowing") and communication are key.

Hossy
08-13-2006, 12:35 PM
get alot of pixie dust from DRAGON...i heard it makes the gun go like a million BPS faster :dodgy: