PDA

View Full Version : What to do for gf's one year

xtraking
08-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Okay guys, my gf's and i one year is august 27th and i need to find something to do for it. I was thinking a ring (what a surprise, i know), no idea what kind not to expensive but not cheap... and yaeh i have no idea what to do.

As you can see i need serious help! haha

Dave

durrell
08-07-2006, 11:26 AM
It's starts with a 'B' and ends with a 'cks'...

..yeah, can't go wrong with jewelry. If you're really serious, a promise ring is a good gift.

bamf-hacker
08-07-2006, 11:33 AM
go hard core and see how serious she is... Get her a Paintball gun :)

But for real, jewelry is a nice gift... I stay away from the rings, some girls get spooked. A nice bracelet or necklace.

big_daddy_d
08-07-2006, 11:38 AM
just get a simple bracelet or earrings or something, some flowers and a nice dinner ;)

Ace24
08-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Lol when I asked out my gf I gave her a gold heart necklace, later for christmas a teddybear with a gold heart bracelet around its neck and flowers... but for our one year... hmm... I'm probably going to go with a promise ring, flowers, and something out of the ordinary involving candles... hehehe. Not going to say on here because I dont want anyone to take my idea.

But go with some kinda jewlery, flowers, and plenty of love and affection. :yeahthat:

But remember, if your gf and you are truely in love, shes not going to be looking for something thats going to cost you your liver and spinal cord to get her, shes going to be looking for the quality and sensarity*sp*, and thought behind what you give her.

I say do something out of the ordinary lol.

Nader
08-07-2006, 11:52 AM
dump her.

heheheh! jp man
If you can find something special that reminds her of your first date. Girls usually always go for that kind of stuf.

Hossy
08-07-2006, 12:00 PM
If you can find something special that reminds her of your first date. Girls usually always go for that kind of stuf.

QFT

Get her something she can also show off to her friends, so they like you more too

marvin-martian
08-07-2006, 12:09 PM
It's starts with a 'B' and ends with a 'cks'...

qft
seriously though, dont get a ring and get a bracelet or necklace instead

shunut
08-07-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree with the rest of the guys. She might take a ring the wrong way. If its going to be jewlery get a necklace or bracelet.

vikingshadow
08-07-2006, 01:06 PM
dump her.

Dang, beat me to it! Sorry, just a little sick of women right now.....

One year? Bracelet or necklace. Ring says "I wanna get married." OOOORRRRR, take her to a really snazzy place to eat, then give her a thoughtful gift that relates to something she really likes to do or enjoys in her spare time....

Paradox313
08-07-2006, 01:23 PM
yeah get her something that reminds her of the first time you guys met, the first date, or when you asked her out.
then maybe take her shopping (bring extra cash)
then a nice eat at a resturant (where you to had your first meal together, or something)
then maybe a movie (except my super ex-girlfriend)

xtraking
08-07-2006, 02:36 PM
then maybe take her shopping (bring extra cash)

are you mad?? haha

And i really think shed like a ring, she wont take it as like woaa what are you doing, i know she wont. But yeah that will be sort of pricey so i was thinking then maybe think of some special? way of giving it to her. But yeah i like your ideas guys keep em coming!

Dave

marvin-martian
08-07-2006, 02:54 PM
so i was thinking then maybe think of some special? way of giving it to her.

get down on one knee

DisIsMyUsername
08-07-2006, 03:08 PM
How old are u guys? I'm assuming not too old.

I got cheesy and creative on me and my g/f's year and I made her a t-shirt that said "Today is my one year and my b/f made me this shirt" and in the back it said R-n-S 10/14/04. lol She digged it. I bought those iron-on letters from micheal's and made it look like some company made it. I also had her carry tons of balloons and crap during school.

In other words, they want people to see, and kno whats up. I think I got her some other crap too but you get the idea.

You can also do the bracelet though, but put some thought into it and make something I guess. Don't be too fruity tho lol

vwjimmy
08-07-2006, 03:18 PM
go hard core and see how serious she is... Get her a Paintball gun :)

Now that is a gift!!!!!:rolleyes:

Really, I vote for some non ring jewelery and something else just for her....
How about a pedicure/manicure at a local spa? :cool:

vikingshadow
08-07-2006, 03:31 PM
How old are u guys? I'm assuming not too old.

Ummmm, 40? Does that count as not too old? Oh, yeah - married for 17 years as well.....so, I've got a lot of "been there, done that" experience....

A few of us in this thread are a bit older than we let on.

splaturout
08-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Whatever you do...on this day to make HER feel special give her the big "O" :dodgy: Ok....Make sure you ask HER about HER day. What SHE did. How HER life is going. Take her somewhere you can talk, be together, make memories, and enjoy each other companies. Like said before...go to a place you have a common bond (first date, first place kissed, etc) no matter how cheesy it is. Then take her to a eatery (not taco bell, although it has been done) that you can sit for a bit and talk. Not sure of your age but if you can order adult beverages have WINE!!! Get a bottle and split it. Then take her to a PLAY (not movie) at the local theater or go to a art museum where you can talk and once again enjoy each others company. If you are in a small town and that is not possible or not your flavor. Take her for a drive in to the country where you will pack a small snack (cheese and crackers or something small and a bottle of wine...or if you bought a bottle before and you can take it with you use the same one.) Lay out a blanket and sit and FEED HER!!! take turns sharing the snacks and wine. She will absolutly fall head or heels for you. If you are the type that do go the distance this will be the perfect place to pull out a FEATHER or small FEATHER duster and "excite the zones." I will not go father into that due to the age range here. At the end of the night give her a necklace with both your pictures in a locket (CHEESE!!!) and the date engraved on the back.

IN LIKE FLINT!!!!

DisIsMyUsername
08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Ummmm, 40? Does that count as not too old? Oh, yeah - married for 17 years as well.....so, I've got a lot of "been there, done that" experience....

A few of us in this thread are a bit older than we let on.

Oh i kno a few of you have been there done that, I meant guys as in him and his girl. lol

UKwithPride
08-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I nice kick to the teeth is always something special to give somone.

Ace24
08-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I like how everyone is basicly restating what I said. Except UK... :dodgy:

marvin-martian
08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I nice punch to the babymaker is always something special to give somone.
fixed!!

leed
08-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Necklace's and Bracelet's are always good for anything. Ear rings are good too, and are relatively easy to choose. Favorite color + Favorite Animal/or something = perfect gift. LOL.

But take her out to a nice dinner where you can sit and talk, then be like, zOMG, I saw this in the store the other day, and it made me think of you and give it to her, and give her a kiss and a hug. Seriously though, I mean, a lot of the times, you will see something that reminds you of her right when you look at it, and there are a lot of those things. Just take a stroll through the mall sometime, and look around at things. If you see something you'd think she would like, pick it up.

To be honest, if she's a serious one for you, then any gift would do, so long as you put at least some thought into it. And no, this doesn't mean just pick up a hamburger and give it to her as a gift, what I mean is, don't worry about wether or not she will/won't like it. If you know her at all, you should be able to pick out something she likes, and if not, she'll still love you for at least trying. So yes, you still have to try, just don't worry about it as much.

And I agree, stay away from rings.

G'luck hopp. By the way, how are things going for you as of recent with her?

phatphil
08-08-2006, 09:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/O-RLY-OWLS-Set-of-11-Fridge-Magnets-ORLY-1337-Geek_W0QQitemZ280015238376QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DyNasty9
08-09-2006, 07:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/O-RLY-OWLS-Set-of-11-Fridge-Magnets-ORLY-1337-Geek_W0QQitemZ280015238376QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
haha i lol'd hard

i want one of those.:D

vwjimmy
08-09-2006, 07:26 PM
me too!!! roflmao!!!

Sac
08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
i gave my g/f a ring, she didnt freak out or anything, i have 2 years coming up in a month *sigh* now i gotta top a freakin ring....

xtraking
08-09-2006, 09:30 PM
:thumbdown:
edit: not to you sac.