PDA

View Full Version : Is this do-able?

opterasis
08-07-2006, 07:30 AM
I was thinking it would be cool to have a clear plexiglass trigger, with an LED in it to make the trigger glow. Possibly a small clickable switch somewhere to turn it on and off. How hard would it be to make something like that, other than needing the equipment to work the plexiglass into a trigger?

Sandman_Bravo
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
You could buy a cheap led key-chain flashlight (would be a small watch type battery easily concealed in the trigger handle) and use the parts from that to fabricate what you're talking about, but why? To make it easier to be seen or to give a brighter target to your opposition?

bungeye
08-07-2006, 09:18 PM
nahh for looks, its the same a laser eyes

opterasis
08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
nahh for looks, its the same a laser eyes

Exactly. Purely cosmetic upgrade. I dunno, I just thought it would look cool.

bungeye
08-07-2006, 10:54 PM
it would look cool, but i would rather have a snapdragon trigger, but i might do something similar to what ur talking about on my next semi icon dat im gona screw rnd wit

claustrophobia9
08-08-2006, 05:33 AM
you could do it, you might have to dremel out a recession for the led so it doesnt get body pinched. also you wont be able to put the LED on or in the trigger, but you may be able to get light to bleed through it if you cut the plexi very straight, sand it unidirectionally then polish it.

yamaha cow
08-08-2006, 10:38 AM
i think it would be illl if u got it working then put some kits together and sell them on ebay or here.

ad0131065
08-08-2006, 10:42 AM
you could do it, you might have to dremel out a recession for the led so it doesnt get body pinched. also you wont be able to put the LED on or in the trigger, but you may be able to get light to bleed through it if you cut the plexi very straight, sand it unidirectionally then polish it.
why wouldnt you be able to put the LED in the trigger? he could with the really small ones.

He could do it like this....
then just route the wires to a switch and battery.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/ad0131065/untitleddfgdfg.jpg

bigred76
08-08-2006, 02:04 PM
A low voltage LED like AD described would work, but most likely out of the top of the trigger facing downwards would work the best. I have seen custom plexiglass triggers made, so it is possible, but you'd have to make sure to finish it out like Claus said. If you have soldering skill, I'd sugest taking the positive line running from the battery and just hook the LED onto that... So it goes from batt>LED+>LED->line to board. either that, or in the reverse on the negative side of the battery wires.