PDA

View Full Version : boxing?

Angel69
08-06-2006, 04:50 PM
anyone here do or know anyhitng about boxing? ive watched it a couple times with friends and sorta wanna get into it. if anyone does it u got any tips for a nooob :p or how to get started id appreciate it

gracias mucho! :)

durrell
08-06-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure QAZ does.

pbfreak3221
08-06-2006, 05:23 PM
ya most towns or one of your surronding towns mostlikely has a boxing place, and you can go there

UKwithPride
08-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm pretty sure QAZ does.
Yeah, I think he's into the MMA type fighting.

QAZ123
08-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah I help my buddy train MMA and we focus on striking often but not boxing specifically.

I would look for a school as you would benefit more from it but if you all are just going to spar just for fun then here's a few tip's..

Keep your hand's up never let them drop you either need them up to be blocking or striking.

Use your arm's/forearm's bent to block body shot's.

Combination's really help. If you don't hit them with the first get them with the second or third shot.

If your not strictly boxing break out some leg kick's. I can not stress how easily anybody can go down with a swift kick to the side of there leg.

If you are just sparring for fun you still need to either have a head piece and/or a mouthpiece on. We usually just use mouth piece's and go at it around 50%. If somebody take's a hard hit we stop, take a breather then start back up.

I haven't sparred in a while though I just don't have time to lift weight's and get in some sparring session's but miss it.

I would suggest a school though as you will learn a lot more and be pushed harder ....

JB.

DRAGON
08-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Join a facility that will teach you to use the proper techniques. Get yourself a 70lb bag and a leather speedball, hang it up and start working on punching properly. The bag will build up your punching strength while the speedball will teach you how to punch properly and help you to focus on your target. If you do not hit it in the exact right spot at the exact moment you should, it will not return in the same spot ready for your next punch -