PDA

View Full Version : Compressed Air and Electra

Enigma4506
01-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi, Im quite new to paintball, only about 3 months Experience. I am used to using CO2 and was wanting to get a compressed air tank. Is it possible to run Compressed air through the Spyder Electra ACS? Also, I was looking at tanks today, for example - 72ci 3000 PSI, what does the ci stand for and what are the difference between tanks? Thanks in advance!

bamf-hacker
01-06-2006, 01:30 PM
yes you can run HPA (compressed air) in your marker.

CI is cubic inches or how big the tank is and the second number is how many PSI Pounds per square inch the tank has. The higher the CI and PSI the more shots per tank.

for ex.. a 68ci/4500psi tank has more shots than a 68ci/3000psi tank

Fiber wrapped tanks are lighter and can be higher PSI and steel tanks are heavier and less expensive, but can only go up to 3000psi.

Welcome to the boards and ask away.

HacKeR

Enigma4506
01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
So, I heard COmpressed air is actually better for your gun, is this true? I also heard it cuts down on balls chopping and flying out of the barrel in a curve. Also is an eVLution II fast enough to keep up with my marker?

Electra05
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I have the electra 05 and the egg hopper yes it is fast enough and I advanced my trigger so My electra is shooting faster then your's now You can always get A halo b there about 119$ -150$ they are alittle faster then the eggs but for 70$-80$ You can't beat the prince off the egg. And the egg is doing I belive about 17 balls a second and you could always get a z board for 20 bucks and make ur egg 22bps the egg is smaller in size holds about the same amount of balls and is lighter byt alot..You need a new barrel that is why ur balls are flying all over or paint break in ur barrel can cause that too..Cheap paint mostly..Go with draxxus or empire for ur electra..And Hpa is not going to make You'r balls shoot --------

bamf-hacker
01-06-2006, 04:33 PM
HPA is general is better for your marker. It does not get cold like C02 and less likely to freeze internals and o-rings. HPA will not keep you from breaking paint, but it will keep your pressure more consistent. C02 fluctuates a lot as it gets colder or if you fire fast.

HacKeR

bigred76
01-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Eggs are pretty good, and you can get a good condition one used for about $40-50. Halo Bs are excellent, and you can get one of them for about $80-100 used.

Yes, HPA does make it more accurate by stopping the balls from going different places vertically because it's more consistent.

audi
01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
i just ordered an Electra w/ an acs so im going to pigy back off this post. few questions: are the barels that come with the electra good? and the last spyder i had had a acs bolt the bolt expanded and made it a pain to take internals in and out would Nitro or HPA tank prevent this?

covert24
01-07-2006, 11:10 PM
well if it expanded from the co2 then yes compressed air would solve this. i had a co2 tank on my old imagine a while back and that thing suffered from frozen o-rings, and such. then i got a compressed air tank and i had not a care in the world. go with a compressed air tank. it is a lot more saffer and doesnt shoot out from the tank when u unscrew it from ur marker. lol. hate when that happens.

thechubbss12
01-09-2006, 03:44 AM
ok C02 probibly wasnt the blame for the swelling of the bolt.. Odds were that its was that person that owned the bolt was uneducated about the fact that you are not supposed to lube a Delrin bolt. So my words of advice... Dont lube the bolt, and yes HPA will be good for you gun but it will not prevent any swelling if you do lube it.

audi
01-09-2006, 04:37 AM
yep that was the problem then.

covert24
01-09-2006, 11:52 AM
yea i was just saying that caus eit happened to me one tie. the co2 froze the delrin and it expanded and i had to hammer it out.:) which was very fun by the way

audi
01-09-2006, 03:19 PM
yep it scratched off a lot of plastic. you do lubricate it stryker or at least the oring rite?