PDA

View Full Version : MR3 parts on the MR1?

oldnewb
08-05-2006, 08:38 AM
As the proud owner of a MR1, I was wondering if any of you MR3 owners could answer a quick question for me. I really like the look of the sight rail / handle, and the adjustable stock on the MR3, and wanted to know if perhaps those items would fit on my MR1. If so, I may give Kingman a call and see if I can order those parts separately.

Also, if anyone has already done this, can we see pics please? Thanks.

warhammer72
08-06-2006, 02:12 PM
I have the answers to both of your questions. Yes and No. I called Kingman a total of 8 times. At no time was I able to reach a live person. I finally resorted to email and after several days was informed that the parts would not be available for sale for some time if at all! I just ended up buying an MR3. Now my MR2 is my back-up gun.

SpyderManMR1
08-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Both stocks are interchangable on the MR1 and MR3. You'll notice screw holes on both the top and on the right side of both stocks. To use the MR3 Stock on the MR1 just screw it in from the top. To use the MR1 stock on the MR3 then screw it in on the right side. Using the MR1 stock limits your ability to use the sights.

The MR3 handle does fit on the MR1 but you have to take the feedneck off to slide it on the rail. It'll provide a dove tail sight rail for aftermarket sights. However, it does get in the way when you take the cock bolt out for field stripping.

The parts will not be sold individually for some time yet.

Ghost Bear Reborn
08-08-2006, 06:26 AM
This is what drives me crazy about Kingman. They should put more resources into selling upgrades and parts (like the MR3's handle and stock), rather than releasing entirely new markers every year.

Maxx-Damage
08-08-2006, 07:33 AM
So if the Mr3 stock fits the Mr1, then it should fit the Mr2?

oldnewb
08-08-2006, 09:49 AM
This is good news... both parts would be an awesome addition to the MR1... now if only Kingman could hurry the heck up and release these parts for us already loyal MR owners.

After all, the reason the Tippman A5 is the dominant milsim marker is the number of aftermarket parts available for it, offering the most custom configurations of any marker out there. For people who like to tinker with their markers, the A5 is pretty much the only marker to choose... however, I think the MR series of markers may have more potential than even the A5 someday. After all, if there were an equal number of parts and upgrades (I'm mainly talking about appearance mods), then why choose an A5 over an MR1? After all, the MR1 is much much cheaper, so for the same price as an A5, someone could purchase an MR1 and get their first few add-on parts.

So, while the MR3 is a very nice marker, hopefully Kingman is done making new MR markers, and starts making body kits, alternate stocks, different styles of shrouds, alternate styles of fake magazines (gas through or even expansion chambers?), perhaps a sniper rifle-style grip / stock kit, milsim barrels, and all sorts of different ways of mounting scopes and sights.

Anyone else agree with this?

Both stocks are interchangable on the MR1 and MR3. You'll notice screw holes on both the top and on the right side of both stocks. To use the MR3 Stock on the MR1 just screw it in from the top. To use the MR1 stock on the MR3 then screw it in on the right side. Using the MR1 stock limits your ability to use the sights.

The MR3 handle does fit on the MR1 but you have to take the feedneck off to slide it on the rail. It'll provide a dove tail sight rail for aftermarket sights. However, it does get in the way when you take the cock bolt out for field stripping.

The parts will not be sold individually for some time yet.

Ghost Bear Reborn
08-08-2006, 10:44 AM
I definitely agree. If they announce an MR4 "just in time for Christmas", I'll be so angry I'll start writing everything in ALL CAPS! ;-)

DRAGON
08-08-2006, 10:54 AM
There's no way you're going to see an MR4 unless it's years away from now. A new and improved model per se. There's no reason for Kingman to make aftermarket parts, they make the marker. They'll leave aftermarket to the companies that specifically deal in aftermarket products -

oldnewb
08-08-2006, 11:44 AM
There's no way you're going to see an MR4 unless it's years away from now. A new and improved model per se. There's no reason for Kingman to make aftermarket parts, they make the marker. They'll leave aftermarket to the companies that specifically deal in aftermarket products -

Why not? After all, doesn't Tippman offer all sorts of add-on parts for their A5s and 98s? PCS is making aftermarket stocks, milsim barrel kits, alternate carry handles, etc for the US-5. BT is famous for all their different aftermarket kits as well. I seriously doubt these companies are losing money on these ventures, and if they are, they're probably boosting sales of their markers just by having potential customers salivating over the possibilities.

Of course, there's always companies such as SpecOps, RAP, and Opsgear pumping out great stuff for the A5, and now the ION. I understand Milsim is a brand new game for Kingman, but now that they're in it, it's something they need to fully commit to in order to capture market share... they have a great product at a great price, now it's time to get people really excited about the MR series by getting their imaginations fired up. This is a very different ballgame than speedball... people in Milsim are very concerned about looks, want something unique or something very realistic (to aid in the "role-playing" factor), and are a very different kind of consumer than the type of person who buys a high end speedball gun.

DRAGON
08-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Kingman does not currently offer aftarmarket parts, they have not in the past either so I cannot see them doing so in the future. Kingman as far as I know, has never let themselves get so far into a rut of static technology so long that they had to sell their company to keep afloat. On the other hand Tippmann has. It's no wonder why they went to aftermarket to make more cash. Making aftermarket parts seems to me a step down from manufacturing whole markers. Not to dis aftermarket manufacturers because they are prolly making a ton of cash in manufacturing and distributing these 'make your marker 1 of a kind' endeavors -

SpyderManMR1
08-09-2006, 12:20 AM
So if the Mr3 stock fits the Mr1, then it should fit the Mr2?
Absolutely!

SpyderManMR1
08-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I agree with all of you guys. Sypder needs to sell their parts individually as well as have stronger support for aftermarket goods. At least the picatinny/weaver rail continues to get progressively longer with each new MR. That, and the dovetail handle enables the MR3 to support many sight and other tactical add-ons.

Ghost Bear Reborn
08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
They don't have to develop new aftermarket parts to get into the mod game. They could easily manufacture a few extra parts that they've already developed (like the MR2's raised sight, the MR3's carry handle and stock) and sell them individually.

The most frustrating thing about the MR line (especially the MR1) is that the parts aren't interchangeable with the rest of the Spyder line of markers. There's a whole universe of Spyder mods out there that don't fit the MR series very well.

DRAGON
08-09-2006, 08:28 AM
They don't have to develop new aftermarket parts to get into the mod game. They could easily manufacture a few extra parts that they've already developed (like the MR2's raised sight, the MR3's carry handle and stock) and sell them individually........... There's a whole universe of Spyder mods out there that don't fit the MR series very well.

First off there's nothing but air and opportunity stopping you from purchasing any existing Kingman part available. It's just a phone call and credit card number away -

There are existing Spyder mods that can apply to these markers you just need to take your mind outside the box -

Ghost Bear Reborn
08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
In the latest issue of APG, JT advertises six new accessories for the TAC-5. If JT can manage it, why not Kingman?

Command2A
08-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Kingman does not currently offer aftarmarket parts, they have not in the past either so I cannot see them doing so in the future. Kingman as far as I know, has never let themselves get so far into a rut of static technology so long that they had to sell their company to keep afloat. On the other hand Tippmann has. It's no wonder why they went to aftermarket to make more cash. Making aftermarket parts seems to me a step down from manufacturing whole markers. Not to dis aftermarket manufacturers because they are prolly making a ton of cash in manufacturing and distributing these 'make your marker 1 of a kind' endeavors -

I could not agree more, Kingman is in the business of producing & distributing markers just like the other top marker manufactures. Its all about core business values. I can't see Kingman venturing down the path of aftermarket parts, unless they completely mess up in the current manfacturing and distribution markets.

TheRogueGnome
08-16-2006, 06:03 AM
think maybe is i call them bc my carry handle broke that they would let me purchase just the carry handle?

Hob Hayward
08-19-2006, 07:45 PM
While they won't sell the stock or sight rail as an "upgrade" I'm pretty sure you could just say you broke the part on your mr3 and want to buy a replacement. Companies are usually pretty good about providing stuff like that.

DRAGON
08-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Ya I don't see why someone that has a marker still under warranty can't get a free part because it broke -

Zero F.E.A.R.
08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I think some of you are forgetting the importance in such a company as Kingman or Tippmann, etc. Supply and demand my friends and as you can clearly see the consumers are demanding the milsim opportunities in such great markers as the MRs. I love my MR-1 to death but I had to make homemade mods and some things are just impossible to create alone. It shouldn't be about making more money, it should be keeping your customers happy. In the world of milsim paintball, us consumers could eventually lose interest in our MRs if they never change and eventually sell them off to buy Tippys anyday. Kingman should take baby steps with this new found playing style. Start off by offering the MR3 parts to the community and go from there. If sales are what they want then I'm sure sales will boom. Please don't make me regret not buying my brother's stock 98 for cheaper than my MR1. I love my gun but I want it to grow with my experience and for it to be everything I could EVER hope for in the future. I just hope that our voices are heard and taken into consideration. We as the consumers have a right to ask. Am I wrong?

Ace24
09-01-2006, 09:47 AM
The real people you should be meantioning this to are the people over at SpecOpps Paintball. They make ALOT of Tippman aftermarket parts. If enough people start complaining to them about it, they might start making MR parts as well. IMO the MR has more expandibility then the A5...

Hob Hayward
09-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Yeah, but spec ops paintball is the biggest ripoff in existence.

Voodoo27909
09-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Huh????