PDA

View Full Version : Last Game

shunut
08-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Well, I went tonight and finally got to play with my Ego and Spimmy. Unfortunately due to health issues that will be the last time I play for a long time, maybe even forever. Most of you know I have Cystic Fibrosis and was sick for the first 6 months of this year. I went back to the gym and have been going religiously for 2 months now and have seen no improvement. I had a doctors appointment Thursday and discussed my problems with my doctor. After doing my lung function tests and seeing that my numbers aren't improving since I got out of the hospital, we've decided that maybe more drastic treatment is necessary. After discussing it with my family and friends I will be put on the lung transplant list and wait for my turn. My lung functions dropped over the past 6 months 30%, so this is truly what is next in my life. It will take a minimum of 2 years to get new lungs but unfortunately this is the only treatment I haven't done. We have exhausted all other medications and therapies.

I had fun tonight but it was definitely very difficult. After every game I had to do my inhalers and even had to leave one game early because I just couldn't breath. I love the game but if I can't breath and can't move on the field then I need to step away. I won't be leaving the forums, I'll still be around, you might even see some more builds out of me. I will however be selling all my equipment, probably sometime next month, so save up your money and watch for that.

Thank you everybody, you have truly made my paintballing experience fun and exciting. There isn't another bunch that I'd rather share my paintballing experience and life with. This is probably one of the hardest things that I've ever done. Had I never met you guys, it probably would have been much easier. Thank you.

splaturout
08-05-2006, 02:57 AM
It is always hard to have something like this and it is even harder when you have to give up something you love. I am not going to say that I know how you feel but I understand your situation. I hope you get your turn on the list soon and maybe we can all look forward to seeing you on the field of play again in the future!

I am also sure there are people selling everything they have right now to get your spimmey! That is one amazing gun!

thechubbss12
08-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Ahh man that sux.... Dude josh i hope that list gets alot shorter alot faster....

I looks foward to seeing more of your builds...

~shocktheman~
08-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Sorry to here that man, I hope that when it becomes your turn for a lung transplant that it'll solve alot of the problems. You'll be in my prayers.

shunut
08-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys.

ross * pilot
08-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Good luck, even though i really havent gotten to know you over the forumms, i hope everthing turns out right. I cant imagine going through a thing like that so you must be tough as ****

bamf-hacker
08-05-2006, 02:24 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

We talked about it before but I am still upset. It sucks to lose a guy like you from the field!

TheRedBarron
08-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Josh, you are in mine and Shannas prayers, you have truly touched us, and we both want to let you know that we are thinking about you.

As for this being your last game, I doubt it, you will rehab from the lung surgery and they are going to kick the CF cure research into high gear, they are on the verge of a breakthrough as it is they just need to figure out how to administer it as you have said yourself. You will be back to the game, I have all confidence in you. Goodluck with your future bro, I know you will stick around here right?

shunut
08-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I'll be around here still. I'm sure that once I get a new set of lungs and go through rehab I'll be back on the field. It will be a while but I'm sure I will have the chance and be able to play once again someday.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and support.

vwjimmy
08-05-2006, 06:31 PM
I know that the drive and spirit of the person is the biggest part of there recovery.....so I know you will lick this! Besides, with that spimmy, you can walk to a rear can and still dominate the field! You are in our prayers.

Sandman_Bravo
08-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Man, I don't know what to say other than I sincerely wish you the best of luck with whatever you do. God bless.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-05-2006, 06:44 PM
damn, after reading that... i dont know what to say, only that you made me shed some tears. I hope that the list isnt that long, and that you come back to the field. i will pray

newkid
08-06-2006, 06:56 PM
aww dude that sucks to no end, but Im glad to know ur not leaving the forums, I wish the best of luck to you

emf7301
08-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I know your struggles man. My dad had to have triple heart bypass and it was hell on my family for the whole ordeal. Good luck with your illness and hope you do better in the future.

Sac
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
you already have one of the most important factors for recovery, the drive to make it back on the feild, i wish the best for you and everyone else on the lung transplant list, keep us up to date as much as you can, you know we're not going anywhere haha.

DFSniper
08-06-2006, 11:15 PM
wow, that sucks. find some shooting game to pass the time (Unreal Tournament or Battlfield 1942) to keep your skills from going completely, and keep your hopes up.

Darkh2o
08-07-2006, 05:44 AM
I know it doesn't mean alot coming from someone you don't know, but my family will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a safe and speedy recovery!

shunut
08-07-2006, 06:08 AM
Eventhough I don't know you I still appreciate the support. This is the reason I've stuck around this forum, you guys are a great group and always willing to help.

timmyshoota
08-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I <3 you Joshy-poo. A few people were talking about building a Spimmy at the local field, and I posted your video on the forum. I'll link you to it later.

vikingshadow
08-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm at a loss on what to say, and if you know me, that's hard to do. Good luck, buddy! You know I'm there for you....

timmyshoota
08-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm at a loss on what to say, and if you know me, that's hard to do. Good luck, buddy! You know I'm there for you....
I was expecting you to write a novel on CF, and then relate it to a problem you had with Catalyst, and then somehow relate that to you paying $200 for a Sonix. I'm at a loss on what to say about that. :p

big_daddy_d
08-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Good luck shunut and I wish you a speedy recovery, since you'll be hanging out on the forums for a while I'll be hitting you up soon, on advice for the spimmy I'll be building, got the inspiration to get off my rear and do it since your unveiling... :D Best of luck man!

shunut
08-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys, I will keep you up to date with each step. I know that first I'm going to have to go through a ton of tests so they can match me to a donor. Should be lots of fun :dodgy:

viseversa2303
08-07-2006, 08:45 PM
damn from other post i seen your name is Josh and i am really sorry to hear that i just started playing this sport and im sorry to hear what you are going through i know that this game needs a guy like you on the field. I will pray that list gets shorted by the day.

God Bless