PDA

View Full Version : Add a second ball detent?

bamf-hacker
01-06-2006, 02:09 PM
I saw the fenix today and realized it had double ball detents. Think it is a worth while mod for the Rodeo. I already have a Kila Detent on the marker just did not know if it was worth drilling/tapping for a second one.

Marker is not stock, actually nothing but the body is stock :)

HacKeR

RodeoOwner78
01-06-2006, 04:09 PM
What kind of loader do you use? If it is forcefeed then maybe (ie. Halo). Otherwise I'd say don't risk screwing up your body.

bamf-hacker
01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Halo, and becasue of this guy RodeoOwner78 I have a second body to mess with... Oh wait thats you ;) Thanks

and welcome back to the board.

So you would say yes drill it for a second Kila Detent or leave it alone?

HacKeR

phatphil
01-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't bother drilling for a second detent unless you are having double feeding problems. If you aren't having any double feeding problems, then it won't provide any performance enhancement.

shunut
01-06-2006, 08:59 PM
I second what phil says. Unless you are having double feed problems or you decide to go to a E-Frame with a t board and eyes, I wouldn't mess with it.

RodeoOwner78
01-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I guess you do have a second body to experiment with then. :)

I always make modifications that I don't *need* and end up spending more $$$ fixing the problems I create. But since you have that spare body I say go for it. Got a drill press available?

bamf-hacker
01-07-2006, 06:45 PM
dont have double ball feeding issues yet... I have not played with my new Halo yet, but I had none with the egg.

I do have an e-frame and I dont have a drill press. I think I will wait and see if I am having issues next weekend when I play again.

Thanks all

HacKeR

ooglieboogliebob
01-08-2006, 10:02 AM
well ... the egg's not a force feeding .. and the halo is ... try sticking your finger on the propeller and see if it stops ... if it doesn't .. you might want a new board.

thechubbss12
01-09-2006, 04:58 AM
Well if you were going to drill for a second dentent i would just got the easy way and drill for an eye cover that way when you go for the t-board you can have it ready for it. Besides ive noticed the timmy dentents work better then the spyder ones.