PDA

View Full Version : Of the month contest

vikingshadow
08-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok, here's the story - after a week of waiting, I have 3 spyder pics, 3 non spyder pics and 0 action pictures (not counting my own personal guns.) According to my poll, it seemed at least 25 of you were interested in the contest, with about half of you saying you would post. However, I'm not going to waste my time, nor yours, with just 3 pictures.

The deadline for this contest is tomorrow. If I don't get at least 6 of each category, it ain't happening. Sorry! And since this will be the second month in a row, and probably the 4th or 5th month this year that we couldn't do it for lack of participation, I'll cancel the whole contest for the year.

Come on fellows! I read all these posts about how happy you are with your guns, how great they are, blah blah blah, yet no one wants anyone to see them?

PM me pictures of your guns by tomorrow. I appreciate those that already have sent me theirs. Remember, it's not about winning or losing, just showing off what you have and enjoying it!

bigred76
08-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Bah, I might be able to get a pic by tomorrow. That's if I get my marker back together right and fix all this other fun **** that's going on with it. :(

pman15
08-04-2006, 01:22 PM
ehhhh i'll enter my pilot just so we can have the contest.ummmm should i send u the pictures though?

TacTownKilla
08-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I think we need a better way of annoncing it. I for one didnt even know the of the month contests were going down yet. Not dissing, cuz i do appreacte all that you do.

/spelling for time.

vikingshadow
08-04-2006, 01:58 PM
I understand what you're saying, but you also have to understand, I do a lot just to let you guys know - I run polls, post in the veteran forum AND the picture forums, and warn everyone two or three times before it's due. You guys KNOW this is coming up. If you didn't see it, it's because you either skipped the thread, or just didn't want to read the post.

I usually post this in two, sometimes three different threads in two or three different forums just because of that complaint. I personally think the problem is that people either forget, don't take the time to do it and then come up with excuses, or just don't care, any of which are fine by me, but you guys have to understand. I'm running this as a courtesy, but I'm not tracking everyone down to check to see if they want to get their pictures in. Sorry, it's not my responsibility.

To use an analogy from school, since I'm a teacher and the majority of people here are students....if I gave an assignment and said, "This is due in two weeks," and then everyone sort of blew it off even after I said it once or twice more in the hallways and in the cafeteria over those two weeks, on the day it's due - I won't cut you slack because you "weren't aware." It's due and it's up to you to do the work.

See what I'm saying? I think it's lack of effort, in my opinion, and not that it's not out there....but hey! Whatever you guys want. Makes my job easier!

pman15
08-04-2006, 03:10 PM
hey vike,did u get mine?

TacTownKilla
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Vike i understand that you do alot. I think that one thread that says its do on such and such date, in the Picture threads would probably be the best. I also thing that the anonymous part of the context isnt needed. Less work for you and easier to just post the picture in the thread for the contest. This format proved to be the best originally, i guess we decide to fix it without it being broken though. Just my two cents.

vikingshadow
08-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, I agree, especially since we're limited on pm space, but to cut the popularity crap out, I do it this way. I don't know if you remember last years contests, but some pictures won purely on popularity of the person...that's my theory anyway...one person would post it, their buds would chime in on how great it was (even some you couldn't hardly see) and the next thing you know, someone had the win that really didn't deserve it, again, IMO....I won once that way, I think!

By the way - I probably won't post the poll until tomorrow evening, so you have until about 8:00 (central time) to get them to me!

ooglieboogliebob
08-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Is there any way we can enlarge PM space ?? I'v been finding it a bit small also ... It's hard to keep stuff you need in there.

My pic's in, so check your PM's ;)

timmyshoota
08-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I never even saw where you posted that you were doing the contest. :(

The Pink Panther
08-04-2006, 04:49 PM
ill try and get a picture of my gun up when my parents get home they locked it up in a safe for a while cuz im grounded...

thechubbss12
08-04-2006, 05:38 PM
PMd you Vike...

Ace24
08-04-2006, 08:34 PM
I pmed you Vike... idk if its too late or not.. and my gun isnt fully finished yet so its going to look the same as it did before, (Except I have this little Maltese Cross on the barrel now thats the only difference)

Chris Cole
08-04-2006, 10:27 PM
If you've still got my pics vike, go ahead and re-use them.

vikingshadow
08-05-2006, 04:09 AM
Sorry, Chris, I deleted everything from my PMs after the last contest. If you wanna send em, that'd be great!

shunut
08-05-2006, 06:07 AM
Vike do you have my enter for NSOTM still? I will also send you another entry as soon as I finish my meds. If you don't have my first entry let me know and I will send it again.

vikingshadow
08-05-2006, 06:21 AM
I got one from you a week or so ago - did you have more than one?

shunut
08-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Nope that was it, working on my other one now.

vikingshadow
08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Ok, polls will go up later tonight. I had to go clothes shopping out of town for school today with the wife and just got home. Ate too much, and it was extremely fattening - bad story, not telling it yet. Maybe later, but I now I have to go to the gym.......

I look to have the poll done around 10:00 tonight, but before morning for sure. Sorry for the delay guys, but it's definitely happening this month!

bamf-hacker
08-05-2006, 04:35 PM
oh why not right :)

PM sent