PDA

View Full Version : Fidel

pbfreak3221
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
What do you guys think about Fidel, you thinks he's sick or dead or what?

DRAGON
08-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Cuba = the new Cancun if he does croak -

TacTownKilla
08-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Cuba= the new Cancun if he does croak -

Cuba was the original cancun before he came to power.

marvin-martian
08-04-2006, 01:27 PM
didnt he already turn his power over to his brother?

vikingshadow
08-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, but his brother's only 4 years younger than him. That makes him about 76 years old....won't be long now!

My worry is that they'll put someone worse in his place....

claustrophobia9
08-04-2006, 02:10 PM
"i still clip my toenails, even though i know they will grow back"

Paintball0308
08-04-2006, 02:21 PM
my grandfather and his brothers and sisters friends with fidel. and my grandfather used to be rich because he had a shipping business with cuba but after fidel changed the laws and stuff he lost a lot of money. My grandfather and my dad and family moved to haiti and now that my the new government is coming into power my dad knew the major part of the governmet because he went to school with them so in couple months to a year im gonna be rich. just thought I would say that.

DRAGON
08-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Cuba was the original cancun before he came to power.

Ya, it's called Havana but that was like in the 50's or so - ;)

durrell
08-04-2006, 02:36 PM
I hope things change for them once he's gone and his brother is gone too. I think they'll make a change but who knows?

Recon by Fire
08-04-2006, 07:04 PM
I doubt anything will change if Fidel croaks unless his brother is not up to the task and cannot maintain control. I don't think most Cubans really comprehend just what an impact to their economy it would be if they were to have open relations with the US.

bamf-hacker
08-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I wonder if/when he does die if little Havana in Miami will go home?

claustrophobia9
08-04-2006, 07:33 PM
I doubt anything will change if Fidel croaks unless his brother is not up to the task and cannot maintain control. I don't think most Cubans really comprehend just what an impact to their economy it would be if they were to have open relations with the US.
good ones i can imagine... especailly in the first few years when everyone (who didnt break the law to get them already) starts buying some (in?)famous cuban cigars to see if they live up to what people say.

on a side note: http://zidaneownsfidelcastro.ytmnd.com/

TheRedBarron
08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Cuban cigars aren't anything amazing, a good Colombian is better.

claustrophobia9
08-04-2006, 08:54 PM
gastrointestinal bleeding... sounds like rau'l the crazy is here to stay (wiki says he persecutes gays (although hes accused of being gay) and also is coldly efficient, and widely feared)

scrappy
08-05-2006, 08:38 AM
gastrointestinal bleeding... sounds like rau'l the crazy is here to stay (wiki says he persecutes gays (although hes accused of being gay) and also is coldly efficient, and widely feared)
he could have written that...:p

claustrophobia9
08-05-2006, 09:23 AM
he could have written that...:p
i dont know his english was pretty well

shubaadaadoomou
08-05-2006, 09:41 AM
if he does die what makes people think its gonna change there. if bush died would it change here? nope

TheRedBarron
08-05-2006, 10:22 AM
if he does die what makes people think its gonna change there. if bush died would it change here? nope
Uhh generally when a dictator dies in a dictatorship government things change drastically Bush is not a dictator, we the people voted him in.

splaturout
08-05-2006, 12:19 PM
If things do change in Cuba...(we lift the embargo) it will be the largest land Grab in recent history....Can you imagine what ocean front property is going to go for in that island? I am actually thinking of getting my loan squared away now so if it does happen I can get some land there before the large corporations take EVERYTHING. I wouldn't doubt if For Sale signs and deals start to take shape shortly here.

Anyway....Once Fidel passes there will always be a general or someone else in his army that will want to take over and keep things the way they are. If things change the army will not have as much power and thus they will lose all the control they have. It will be pretty hard for them to give up power like that without a fight. And since there really isn't a large army waiting in the wings we would have to go over to stop the fight and I don't think we need to get involved in mediating something like that...look at the whole Israeli vs. Hezbollah fight. We should step inbetween something. We should just take it over.

IMO we should go down there and over through the government the moment Fidel passes before they can think about what happened.