PDA

View Full Version : trinity v/a and torpedo reg

hodni_sania
08-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Ok i just got my v/a in today and when i put the reg on to it the air hole points forward. Has this happened to anyone else and how would i fix it.

DRAGON
08-04-2006, 11:45 AM
There are a couple resolves for that. You can either drop an o-ring in the VA and it will space the reg from the bottom of the VA or put an o-ring on the neck of the reg below the threads which will space it as well. Putting it on the neck is the better choice as it will not possibly restrict any flow. You can use different thickness o-rings to create different space dimensions & orientation positions. Put a drop of PB oil on both o-rings before screwing the reg on. I use an o-ring on the neck of my Palmer's. Has worked great for the past 4 years -

hodni_sania
08-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the help dragon that worked but now I got a different problem. When i put on my hpa tank the gauge goes up to like 800-900 psi and I turn the thing on the bottom(how u adjust pressure right?), the needle doesnt move.

tmac4676
08-04-2006, 07:16 PM
unscrew the set screw in the bottom of the reg. all the way out (counter clockwise) then gas it back up. This should not air up the marker at all. then with it gased up turn up the reg to the pressure you want and take a few shots. if that does not work take the reg apart and lube up the piston and put it back together. that should take care of it. if it does not. then turn off the air source and check the gauge and see if is still reads high. that is a pretty high pressure for a torpedo reg. and you might have a busted gauge..

DRAGON
08-05-2006, 05:53 AM
Ya essentially you need to take a few shots before you will see a difference on the gauge. The pressure has to go somewhere before you see change right? -

hodni_sania
08-05-2006, 10:33 AM
ok i took the set screw off and it still gases up my marker. What kind of lube should i use and do i basically lube the whole inside when i take it apart?(edit: just ordered a tube of Dow 33, hope it what i need)

tmac4676
08-05-2006, 11:28 AM
should just lube up the o-ring on the piston. You also got the right lube

hodni_sania
08-05-2006, 04:52 PM
ok this may sound like a dumb question but the piston is the part in the bottom half just above the heavy spring right?And if so should the o-ring take up the whole area it sits in or only part of it?

tmac4676
08-06-2006, 04:12 AM
yes, and sometimes timmy orings don't fit in the cut out in the piston like the should there may be a little play in it.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-07-2006, 08:57 AM
wow dragon that actually works, now i have the reg just perfect. thanks for that one