PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Q.

ross * pilot
08-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Which paintball do you think has the most durable shell out there.

Darkh2o
08-04-2006, 10:02 AM
I think marballizers.

bamf-hacker
08-04-2006, 10:13 AM
OK what do you mean durable? You can take $70 a case paint and leave it in the sun and have junk in an hour, or you can have a $30 case of paint that is taken care of be be dead on...

So clarify "durable"

Mlb06
08-04-2006, 10:44 AM
i think he meens like go through like twigs and small branches without breaking....but idk bc im not him.

ross * pilot
08-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Sorry for not being clear enough... Durable meaning the least likely to break in gun/barrel... so i guess im getting at, which paintball has the thickest shell

stylinbeaver
08-04-2006, 01:34 PM
The thickess shell is not always what you want. If it's to thick then it want break on people and what's the point in shooting them unless your going to get thm out.

vikingshadow
08-04-2006, 02:03 PM
I believe that barrel size and the force of the pressure on the ball is what breaks paint inside the barrel, not necessarily the thickness of the shell, if this is indeed the question you're asking.

For example, Xball is great paint, but in my experience isn't really the best paint for a normal spyder because it doesn't handle 850 psi behind it too well. Now, Nelson has a pretty durable shell and can handle pressure ok, but the lower end line doesn't necessarily break so well on your opponent.

Most of your middle of the road paint will have a decent shell and fill, usually is even roundness and freshness, and will usually break on impact. Higher end paint will blow apart at too high of a pressure but will definitely break on impact, and is uniform in shape and thickness of shell and paint. Low end paint will break on impact usually, but may not be consistant in roundness, size, thickness of paint, etc.

If this isn't what you're asking, sorry! But most people don't usually worry about thickness of shell....

ross * pilot
08-04-2006, 04:59 PM
ok, thanks for your help

Sandman_Bravo
08-04-2006, 06:11 PM
re-balls heve the most durable shell- ftw, lol.

bamf-hacker
08-04-2006, 06:27 PM
re-balls heve the most durable shell- ftw, lol.

:lolsign:

Yeah true dat... I never chopped one :)