PDA

View Full Version : best mask

cobra8828
08-03-2006, 08:00 PM
hi, I am looking for a new mask and need some advise from all of you. I use a jt headsheild and its way to bulky and hot. I dont need a full head coverage but I want a mask with good jaw and chin,neck coverage. the more coverage the better.whats your pick? thanks

emf7301
08-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Well first of all, how big are you? If your a smaller guy, naturally most masks with provide plenty of protection. I personally have a vforce morph and i love it. It has suprisingly good ventilation and i haven't seen any fog yet. The lense is really easy to take out compared to JT masks. It also uses the same lenses as the profiler if i'm not mistaken, so if you ever upgrade you'll still be able to use your lenses. What is your price range as well?

vikingshadow
08-04-2006, 05:27 AM
I dont need a full head coverage but I want a mask with good jaw and chin,neck coverage. the more coverage the better.

Vforce Shield - it has an extended forehead piece and a little flap under the chin that's moveable and covers your neck well. The mask itself isn't as flexible as the morph, or the profiler, but it uses the same lense as the profiler and is a really good mask. I used one for a year or so before I got my profiler.

bamf-hacker
08-04-2006, 05:50 AM
I also like the Profiler and the JT Proflex. The big thing is you want a comfortable mask. Go to a store and try them on. Nothing worse than getting a mask that is not comfortable on your face...

bigred76
08-04-2006, 06:07 AM
Here's my answer (it's a simple one): Try them out and see which fits you best. :)

cobra8828
08-04-2006, 07:41 PM
thinking about the morph, you can also put the neck protector on the morph just like the shield, is the morph flexable like the profiler? thanks for all the help guys.

marvin-martian
08-04-2006, 07:43 PM
there is no "best" mask. its all what you think looks good and is comfortable. it needs to fit your face, and everyones head is shaped differantly. go try them on and see what you like the most.

emf7301
08-04-2006, 08:34 PM
the morph is flexible but i don't it is as flexible as the profiler, I like mine alot. The best thing is to try all the masks out like everyone else has said and see what you like.

Paradox313
08-04-2006, 09:00 PM
I love my Proto FS
it fits me perfectly with a little extra room

but to me masks get a little boring cause you cant "upgrade" them
so i might just buy e-vents later

back onto topic
i would recommend having $110 bucks in hand and go into a store and try all the ones i recomend along with an extra lense

Profilers, Pro-Flexes, E-vents, Avatars, Proto FS's, I3's
thats just about all of the "top of the line" masks
i might have missed a few but doubt it

vikingshadow
08-05-2006, 05:45 AM
The thing with the morph is that it's wide - it sticks out from the head a bit. The shield, vantage and profiler are closer to the head. Those that said to try them out are correct, you have to before you know exactly which you want. However, the shield was designed to give that better protection of the forehead and throat.

I can honestly say tough, the throat protector is sort of a waste. Since I got my profiler a couple years ago, I've only been hit in the side of the neck twice - one was a bounce off a bunker and didn't break. I have gotten hit on the forehead a couple times, but the visor would have stopped that had I been wearing it.

I don't think the morph comes with the shield part for the throat, and it's not sold separately. I didn't realize it would work for the morph, which doesn't make sense because the morph is a bit wider than the shield and I don't think it would fit. I don't know for sure, but that's what it seems to me.

cobra8828
08-05-2006, 12:51 PM
I understand I need to go try some on but thats the problem, there is not a store close to me to go try them on at. I have to order it online.all your guys opinions are helping me out alot, I think I will be able to make a choice soon. kinda leaning towords the proto fs now.

Paradox313
08-05-2006, 02:15 PM
yuba city

i used to live in california trust me theres alot of paintball stores
just look it up online

here just enter your zip code here and itll tell you the closest fields and stores
http://www.pbreview.com/

bigred76
08-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Paradox... that area is nothing, and you'd know this if you lived in CA. Just farmlands. You have a field that BigDaddy goes to down south of you by about an hour, Cobra. But, IMO, I'd just PM "Durrell" on these forums and get a hook-up from him, he has really good prices. Profilers, Proflexes, or I3's would be my choices as E-Ventz are more expensive than those by $30-40. If you have that much though, I'd get them. They have some jaw protection issues, but they're so close to your face that Claus gets claustrophobic wearing them.

cobra8828
08-05-2006, 03:54 PM
ok thanks

yamaha cow
08-05-2006, 06:05 PM
i love my v focre vantages. with mirrored lenses.

Paradox313
08-06-2006, 01:14 PM
i have a proto fs with a custom paintjob if your interested

claustrophobia9
08-06-2006, 03:08 PM
but they're so close to your face that Claus gets claustrophobic wearing them.
i dont freak out and get scared when i wear them, its just im like uber out of shape and it doesnt help that i cant breath in that mask. it would be convinient for claus to get a little claus himself wouldnt it? ;)

cobra8828
08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
well I ordered the proto switch fs today. thanks for all the help/