PDA

View Full Version : Bko

stylinbeaver
08-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Tell me if this is a good deal. 01 BKO with 25 gram switch, nox board, rail, asa, locking feedneck, and 3 barrels, palmers reg, and some more things for 100 bucks. Is this a good deal??

timmyshoota
08-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I'd like to see a 01 BKO with a locking feedneck, considering the feednecks weren't removable back then. Actually, I don't even think BKO's were available then. I'm pretty sure 02 was the first year for BKOs. Do you mean B2K perhaps? Get a picture of this marker if you can.

marvin-martian got an 04 BKO for $80 stock and they are head and shoulders better than 02-03 BKOs.

stylinbeaver
08-03-2006, 09:13 PM
i might have got the year wrong. but it's nice. i'll post a pic tommorow

xtraking
08-03-2006, 09:30 PM
if it doesnt have pds... your going to chop like crazy.

stylinbeaver
08-03-2006, 09:47 PM
it don't have eyes. But I take it as a step up from a spyder

thechubbss12
08-04-2006, 07:20 AM
IMO eyeless EP FTL.... i know some one who can sell you a completly tricked out B2k4 W/pds for $180....

stylinbeaver
08-04-2006, 07:23 AM
What's the upgrades?? Does he have a pic. of it?? Becasue the guy i'm talking to sent me a message on IM and I closed the box without saving to the pic. When he gets on I'll upload the pic for yaw.

stylinbeaver
08-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Here's the pics. Sorry he was wrong about the feedneck.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/Picture093.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/stylishbeaver/Picture094.jpg

What do ya think. Toes not included:D

thechubbss12
08-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Ehhh looks like a good reball marker.... cause you cant chop a reball.

stylinbeaver
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM
HAHA probally will chop. But I will probally get eyes for it.

TacTownKilla
08-04-2006, 01:19 PM
You might as well buy the other b2k4 w/pds that chubss knows for its gonna take you alteast 80 to put eyes on it. Not to mention the other ups that comes the "fully uped" gun.

timmyshoota
08-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Have you guys ever used BKOs? I had one and it NEVER chopped. It only shoots ~17bps, and with a Halo you won't have any worries. Any gun with a Halo/Reloader/VLocity won't chop. None of you can outshoot them and neither can I.

stylinbeaver
08-04-2006, 05:40 PM
I got a hslo tsa and it's like 14 or 15 i think. So it should work fine. I can't shoot higher that 14 or 15 anyway.

calebh
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
dang... if those toes came with it, that woulda been an awesome deal :P

anyway, one of my friends got a brand new bko and had nothing but trouble with it... all cuz of the detent. icd couldnt even do anything with it. they told him to hit it with a hammer on one occasion... it worked as an actual marker once the entire time he had it, and it was not during a game. the rest of the time, it made a pretty dang good blender, no matter how fast we shot. like he probly coulda sold it to a vegan to make carrot juice or something.

vwjimmy
08-12-2006, 06:45 AM
B2K4 w/PDS FTW....
My son shoots one and its great untill you turn off the eyes.....
then it looks like a fire hose!!!!!

stylinbeaver
08-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Well. I turned the deal down. Might buy it later. I just traded for a ion. So the bko will be something in the future maybe. I'll probally just use it to sweeten up a deal. I'm a trading man:D

Ace24
08-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Is it just me or does that BKO look like an Imp? Or did they really look alike back then?

stylinbeaver
08-13-2006, 11:04 AM
They both have that big ass body on them. I'm not a big fan of them. That's why I got the ion becasue it's so small.

calebh
08-13-2006, 11:22 AM
ya, if i remember right, its the same basic operation for both... its been a while... or no, the bko is blow forward

timmyshoota
08-13-2006, 11:50 AM
ya, if i remember right, its the same basic operation for both... its been a while... or no, the bko is blow forward
No. Blow forward = Mag.

They are the same operation.

Ace24
08-13-2006, 12:38 PM
So basicly you could interchange the bodies and stuff and parts?

timmyshoota
08-13-2006, 12:43 PM
No, not at all. Very different parts, same operation.

calebh
08-13-2006, 12:54 PM
i mean like its got a solenoid to blow the ram and bolt forward, and then its returned with a spring. its electropneumatic blowforward or whatever you call that kind of operation... and the imp has a solenoid for both ways... or am i completely lost? like i said, its been a while... enlighten me plz

timmyshoota
08-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Blow forward is the operation that mags have. If you have a ram, you don't have blow forward.

Timmys, Imps, Timmys, Egos, Spyders, etc are all poppet valve markers. A ram(or striker) opens the valve and the valve directs the air to the bolt.

In Mags, the air is housed in the valve behind the bolt. When the sear releases, the bolt moves forward and the air rushes out. Similar to a Spool, except in those a noid controls the movement of the bolt. I'm not sure what makes the Mag bolts return to the resting position, its been awhile since I've looked at those.

*EM1-Master*
08-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Actually, Chris, the operation of the BKO could technically be considered blow forward... The concept of the BKO and mags are essentially the same, with the exception of the method of air release... Air blows the bolt (and other parts of firing mechanism) forward, against the force of a spring, then the spring returns the bolt... It actually is blow-forward, just a different method of it... Puhaha :-p

But AGD coined the term blow-forward, that is true... And the operation is different, like you said... Spool-like method versus classic poppet....

EDIT: BKO works on the same idea as the EM1...

timmyshoota
08-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Actually, Chris, the operation of the BKO could technically be considered blow forward... The concept of the BKO and mags are essentially the same, with the exception of the method of air release... Air blows the bolt (and other parts of firing mechanism) forward, against the force of a spring, then the spring returns the bolt... It actually is blow-forward, just a different method of it... Puhaha :-p

But AGD coined the term blow-forward, that is true... And the operation is different, like you said... Spool-like method versus classic poppet....

EDIT: BKO works on the same idea as the EM1...
Its not nearly the same, or close enough to be considered a blow-forward. Both are spring returned, but operate very differently. Its easier to compare a Timmy and BKO than a BKO and Mag.

Ace24
08-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Blow forward is the operation that mags have. If you have a ram, you don't have blow forward.

Timmys, Imps, Timmys, Egos, Spyders, etc are all poppet valve markers. A ram(or striker) opens the valve and the valve directs the air to the bolt.

In Mags, the air is housed in the valve behind the bolt. When the sear releases, the bolt moves forward and the air rushes out. Similar to a Spool, except in those a noid controls the movement of the bolt. I'm not sure what makes the Mag bolts return to the resting position, its been awhile since I've looked at those.

So in other words my Zippied Fenix does the same as a Mag? Wow I would like Mags then.
Its a EP Blowforward conversion. :D

timmyshoota
08-13-2006, 04:34 PM
So in other words my Zippied Fenix does the same as a Mag? Wow I would like Mags then.
Its a EP Blowforward conversion. :D
Basically, but does it very different than a Mag. You'd be better to compare to a BKO.

calebh
08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
ya, mags are mechanical. well, unless you got an emag or xmag, which i dont think are made anymore. or a devilmag, which cost an arm, leg and a kidney. i got a mag, but like saturday was the first time id even dry fired it in oh... 4 months. those out of country summers will kill your game :P

oh, and by the way, you would like mags :) its hard not to

adriann222
08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok I gotta throw my 3 cents in here.

1. The Imp and the BKO are almost identicle. Only diffence is the Imp has an air returned ram and a BKO uses a spring returned ram. (B2K and Imp are identicle)

2. A mag and a BKO are nothing alike. The BKO's function has been described and if you don't completly understand then lets just say it's a zipped spyder cause that's close enought. The mag works completely differently. There is no hammer. You just have a bolt that operates like a ram. The air pressure behind the bolt pushes it forward against the main spring. Once it reaches it's apex holes in the bolt allow air to be directed to be ball. The pop goes the gun, the pressure now released, the spring pushes the bolt back into firing position.
http://www.paintmagazine.com/wpaint3/automagd.gif

calebh
08-14-2006, 02:41 PM
1. The Imp and the BKO are almost identicle. Only diffence is the Imp has an air returned ram and a BKO uses a spring returned ram. (B2K and Imp are identicle)

so i had it in my mind right, i just couldnt remember the terminology or how to say it :o thanks adriann and everyone else for helpin reenlighten me :)