PDA

View Full Version : pilot ACS and Evolution II hopper?

ineasyi
08-03-2006, 07:26 AM
I have the egg II(y board/stock) for my pilot acs...my question is that they say the gun can shoot 20bps but the average person can only shoot about 12-15??? With that in mind...the egg can feed up to 19bps....has anyone walked the pilot through a whole hopper(egg II) without breakin paint??

I just wanna get the facts b4 i just go out there bustin paint in my marker...I am the only player on my team with a spyder and everyone else has an ION...my problem is that I am actually scared to break paint in my gun(I hate having to clean it!!) and my buddies don't have this problem...I don't break paint really but only because im not shooting as fast as I'd like to.

Bottom line::Can I walk my pilot with the EvoII with confidence???
any advice is good advice @ this point in time.

stylinbeaver
08-03-2006, 07:34 AM
I don't know about the hopper but, you have the ACS bolt. So it shouldn't break a ball. It will uncock often probally but that's just the ACS

ineasyi
08-03-2006, 07:43 AM
oh i forgot to mention i did upgrade to the superfly bolt so no more ACS...

stylinbeaver
08-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Well since I don't know about the hopper, I think you'll will be double feeding alot and that means barrel breaks. Becasue I use a Halo TSA and it loads 13 to 14 and so does my pilot and it works fine. Does the egg have speed settings??

bamf-hacker
08-03-2006, 07:54 AM
The Egg is not a force fed hopper so it should not double feed.

ineasyi
08-03-2006, 08:12 AM
the evo II does have speed settings and i have it set to the highest setting...they brag about 19bps but i never believe what they advertise...i think it actually only feeds about 16-17bps..if anyon can confirm that it does feed faster let me know

emf7301
08-03-2006, 08:27 AM
your not going to be shooting faster than 16 bps without bouncing (if you can then kudos to you), so you should be fine. I've been working with my lp pilot with a reloader B and the only problems i've found are when the loader pushes a little too hard and i'll get two balls and a barrel break or one and a half in the gun and it chops (damn i hate it when that happens, a whole paintball's worth of paint in the chamber with a stuck bolt :mad:). I put about 500 rounds through my gun the other day and it didn't chop until the very end when i had like 10 balls left so you should be fine, just be sure to carry a battleswab on you.

ineasyi
08-03-2006, 08:29 AM
that sounds good enough to me...thanks a lot

bamf-hacker
08-03-2006, 08:30 AM
again... Egg not a force fed loader... Reloader is a force fed loader, so if you do not have good detents a second ball can get pushed into the breech.

ineasyi
08-03-2006, 08:39 AM
I never had a problem wit feeding...i believe my detents work great...i never had a problem wit um...and with the egg II since it doesn't force feed, it put less pressure on the detents right?

bamf-hacker
08-03-2006, 11:45 AM
correct...