PDA

View Full Version : Ok Lets Take A Poll

Yerbs
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Now tell what u picked

stylinbeaver
08-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Heavy metal. That's just my favorite type of music. Favorite bands are, As I Lay Dying, Avendge Sevenfold, It Dies Today, Dimmu Borgir.

colonel_moo
08-02-2006, 05:27 PM
wrong section

but i voted classic rock. i dont really see why you are asking for a reason... everyones reason is "its what they like".

bigred76
08-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Heavy metal FTW. http://www.weirdlist.com/board/images/smiles/victory.gif

marvin-martian
08-02-2006, 05:54 PM
not listed

Sandman_Bravo
08-02-2006, 05:55 PM
metal ftw

Ace24
08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
I voted metal... but you should have put Rock in general... there alot of different classifications. You also didnt list Alternitive. Or cRap... I mean cRap.. **** it keeps comming out as cRap. I mean to say RAP!

xNinja-Dolphinx
08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Out of those, Classic Rock. But i enjoy Alt. Rock

Yerbs
08-02-2006, 06:05 PM
if i didn't put up your fav just tell us what your fav is

xtraking
08-02-2006, 06:19 PM
classic rock ftmfbaw

TheRedBarron
08-02-2006, 06:36 PM
not listed
:yeahthat: Raggae ftw

pbfreak3221
08-02-2006, 06:36 PM
classic rock all the way

durrell
08-02-2006, 06:37 PM
not listed

Truth, but my 2nd favorite was listed..country FTW! :)

Sac
08-02-2006, 07:21 PM
irish folk.

thechubbss12
08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Metal/hardcore/screamo FTW.... You cant mosh at a classic rock/country/rap/blues/r&b concerts... if you did it would be lame...

Cant top the energy...

claustrophobia9
08-02-2006, 07:46 PM
None are "better" because "better" would imply that there are only two options, which my keen observational skills tell me is not true.

country ftl
blues ftl
emo ftl
some classic rock ftl
some heavy metal ftl
some rap ftl
some punk rock ftl

your labels don't fit me.

ricochet08
08-02-2006, 07:47 PM
hip hop is my vote but i listen 2 it all

is it me...or is hip hop the only one that's written in italics? :p

Paradox313
08-02-2006, 09:34 PM
yeah i agree you should have just put rock in general
im a punk kind of guy
along with some ONLY SOME hippidity hop hop

Yerbs
08-02-2006, 09:54 PM
you can't mash it all together classic rock and metal are way different

bigred76
08-02-2006, 10:17 PM
is it me...or is hip hop the only one that's written in italics? :p
That's because it shows what you voted for in italics, JIC you forgot already. :)

DFSniper
08-03-2006, 12:17 AM
i'm torn between metal and classic rock, because i grew up on both...

you can't mash it all together classic rock and metal are way different

well, black sabbath and deep purple were the heavy metal of their time, and now theyre considered classic rock.

splaturout
08-03-2006, 02:56 AM
Not listed!

Techno/Trance/Spinners

Faithless is my fav...if I could only get them to tour the US.

bamf-hacker
08-03-2006, 04:28 AM
Everything, but since that is not a choice...

Heavy Metal

Yerbs
08-03-2006, 10:05 AM
techno is not music :P

claustrophobia9
08-03-2006, 10:11 AM
techno is not music :P
wtf are you talking about.

Yerbs
08-03-2006, 10:12 AM
techno involves no skill as a musician its all the same synthesized crap

marvin-martian
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
so by that reasoning, rap and RB isnt music either, but you included those.

Yerbs
08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
R&B is definetly music you actually need to be able to sing and as for rap i wasn't going to put it on the list but i figured lots of people would be annoyed if it wasn't there

claustrophobia9
08-03-2006, 10:24 AM
techno involves no skill as a musician its all the same synthesized crap
good techno requires skill. it also requires knowlege of music. people dont buy just random **** that a 5 year old can make by banging on keys, they buy stuff thats actually made with thought, just like other music. by saying it takes no skill clearly you have a large amount of ignorance about it. just because all * looks/sounds/smells the same doesnt mean it is. just to see how ignorant you sound i suggest putting something into that * and see what it sounds like to hear it.

you're lucky katt isnt here, hed flip out more than i am

edit: its like saying what taylor does with his computer is less of art than what artists do with brushes. a good art teacher of any kind will tell you that it isnt the median you use to express youself but the amount that you do it, and whether that be through rambling giberish that we hear in a ton of punk or the guitar solo's or in bass and rythm of techno is irrelivant

Yerbs
08-03-2006, 10:29 AM
why would i care if he flipped out or u flipped out, techno is garbage i hate going to clubs because the play that annoying crap i would rather rip my ears off and eat them then listen to techno

claustrophobia9
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
why would i care if he flipped out or u flipped out, techno is garbage i hate going to clubs because the play that annoying crap i would rather rip my ears off and eat them then listen to techno
and thats how a feel about the garbage you listen to, but i still accept it as music because i understand the concept of music. you have completely disregarded the opinions of thosands due to your single minded opinion of music. you are the supremisist of music.

Ace24
08-03-2006, 11:49 AM
<3 Techno & Trance.

Alot of people have never heard real trance or techno... wich is where alot of the bad opinions of it come from.

If you have Real Player, Winamp or Windows media player, go to www.di.fm and click on some of the listen now music listed. They have some of the best trance...

Oh and another thing... Idk if anyone has heard of her music, but Cascada is an amazing Vocal Trance atrist. Her music was #1 on a local radio station for a long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yerbs, this is for you, go to that site I listed above and click on "Vocal Trance" It is not just noises, there is actual singing. The techno and stuff you bring up is probably like stuff a collage student has put together. Try listening to DJ Tiesto. Hes the #1 DJ in the world right now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listed below are links to Cascada:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=47157346

ricochet08
08-03-2006, 02:22 PM
That's because it shows what you voted for in italics, JIC you forgot already. :)

hmmmmm...but it was like that before i logged in to vote :confused:
:p

TheRogueGnome
08-03-2006, 02:29 PM
:D blues just because i would rather have alittle prog house or breaks..thats what i spin

TheRedBarron
08-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Well music is an amazing thing, music can bring people together, it can tear people apart, it can make you happy, sad, annoyed...

Music is one thing that our world must have, rhythm and motion are part of our every day lives, without music where would we be?

Now do you listen to music for the lyrics? The beat? Or do you listen to music simply because someone said that is what is cool? if it is the latter your motives are strongly misplaced. The music YOU listen to should move you, it should talk to you, you should be able to relate to it. So one person saying that one kind of music is wrong or is bad, is essentially disregarding the whole concept behind music. Rock and Roll started as a rebellion, people wanted to listen to a kind of music that could relate with their everyday lives since this revolution, music has changed, people stopped listening to it because it talked to them, or because they could relate with it, they started listening to music because corporate America told them to. So next time you buy a CD (or an album on Itunes) ask yourself, "why do I listen to this?". if the answer to this question is because you heard it on the radio and it was #1 on some lame list, then you should consider a different song or album. However if your answer is because you heard it on the radio and you got lost in the vocals or you got lost in the beat then you should go ahead and get it. Listen to music for whatever reason you want, just please don't let others influence your decision for if you do you are simply a pawn in someones master chess game.

EDIT: if at no point in my worthless rambling did I come to an actual point please disregard this entire post for I am tired.

splaturout
08-04-2006, 03:11 AM
hmmmm....this rant would apply to which type of marker you buy, what type of game you play, and pretty much everything you do in life. Do what makes YOU happy and makes YOU feel happy. If that includes helping the little old lady across the street, or sit in front of a TV playing games so be it. Life is as big as you make it. Same with music. What moves you, speaks to you, and what do you like. It is all an opinion.

Now with that out of the way...If you work in a corporate enviroment with Executives you are most likly NOT going to be listen to RAP with them around anytime soon unless you want them to think lesser of you. Sometimes you have to act a certain way, listen to a certain music, and be a different person than you are to get to the top. Once on TOP do whatever you want. It it your choice then. Of course if President Bush was listening to RAP all the time and came walking in with some RAP playing in the background we would not think highly of him at all. (I don't care who you voted for...It is the office you respect not the man. That is why we vote!! so we don't need a dicussion on that here.)

Unlike what TheRedBarron said...sometime you HAVE to be a pawn in order to capture the queen. :D

Side Note: I don't mind some rap now and then...not my fav. but sometimes it is fun to listen to it.

Recon by Fire
08-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Classic Rock

It's Freedbird, man!

SharpObjects
08-04-2006, 06:07 PM
The classic rock for me, but I'd rather play the blues on my bass then rock. All the heavy metal my friends listen to is thrashing, screaming, death stuff. Not my sorta thing.

phatphil
08-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Something's wrong with a poll where classic rock and heavy metal are winning :dodgy:.

xtraking
08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Something's wrong with a poll where classic rock and heavy metal are winning :dodgy:.
classic rock > you

Ace24
08-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Phatphil it just means that there is more people in here that enjoy that type of music.... nothing wrong with any type winning. Pluss its not a contest. It is a survey to see what music the majority of people listen to on here. Honestly I feel like remaking this thread with ALL the music types, then see what happens.

marvin-martian
08-04-2006, 09:07 PM
you couldnt possibly be taking phil seriously..

vikingshadow
08-05-2006, 04:37 AM
i'm torn between metal and classic rock, because i grew up on both...

well, black sabbath and deep purple were the heavy metal of their time, and now theyre considered classic rock.

LOL! Motley Crue is considered classic rock now, along with the other bands that were big when they were. What's sad is that some of you guys look at them the way I looked at my parents favorite bands when I was your age....they happened before I was born!

I personally voted metal, but not today's metal. I'm more into the 80's hair bands and the 90's music (with a healthy mixture of some of the stuff that's played today) than what's specifically mentioned on the list. There was a stint in the 90's where I thought Country music was the best stuff on the radio because they broke into the cross over stuff....I guess I like everything, EXCEPT gangster rap. That and the screamy metal that I've heard lately - that stuff is annoying!

Music, religion and politics - the argument makers!

splaturout
08-05-2006, 11:29 AM
The local classic rock radio around here (St. Paul MN) has started to play some Peral Jam as classic radio....signs of the times.

claustrophobia9
08-05-2006, 01:03 PM
classic rock > you
that really doesnt say a lot