PDA

View Full Version : Pbnation

pbfreak3221
08-02-2006, 04:06 PM
How many people here have a pbnation acount also?

vikingshadow
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Should have another choice....I have an account, use it rarely (but more than I should) and wish I didn't have it.

BSNation = :thumbdown:

The above comment are my own opinion and not expressly those of the other moderators and admins of this thread.

Even though if they disagree, they're wrong! ;) :p

marvin-martian
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
i have one and seldomly post in ST

Sandman_Bravo
08-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Should have another choice....I have an account, use it rarely (but more than I should) and wish I didn't have it.

OMG, That's EXACTLY what I was going to post!

durrell
08-02-2006, 05:02 PM
I have one and use it very actively.

http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=88800

vwjimmy
08-02-2006, 05:33 PM
I have 1 and use it actively......
I buy stuff there but only post to do so...
anything I have to say I torture you all with!
KUSA FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newkid
08-02-2006, 06:12 PM
got 1 never use it though

claustrophobia9
08-02-2006, 06:52 PM
same here as with vike, every now and then ill be activly posting, but since the JBDM6 ive been back. and nice avi durrel

timmyshoota
08-02-2006, 06:57 PM
I go on PBN way more than I do here. I let others actively help with Spyder problems here. I come here mostly for the atmosphere and to help with high end discussions.

I use PBN for 99% of my paintball needs. PBN is a great place. I rarely run into the problems people talk about. If you are smart, you won't get scammed while trading. I stay in the high end market specific forums and never run into the idiots that people talk about. People blow the "problems" with PBN WAAAAAY out of proportion. I am a ASM and would gladly donate again if asked. There just isn't a better source of paintball info and discussion. Nor is there a better place to B/S/T.

Sac
08-02-2006, 07:41 PM
ftw ^^^

claustrophobia9
08-02-2006, 07:42 PM
I go on PBN way more than I do here. I let others actively help with Spyder problems here. I come here mostly for the atmosphere and to help with high end discussions.

I use PBN for 99% of my paintball needs. PBN is a great place. I rarely run into the problems people talk about. If you are smart, you won't get scammed while trading. I stay in the high end market specific forums and never run into the idiots that people talk about. People blow the "problems" with PBN WAAAAAY out of proportion. I am a ASM and would gladly donate again if asked. There just isn't a better source of paintball info and discussion. Nor is there a better place to B/S/T.
the main problem with pbn is that everyone has an opinion, and they all feel like sharing it despite how many other people have said it before. this leads to massive threads that (in defense of those who get flamed for repeating a topic) get burried in useless rambling. pbn really needs a system that limits posts that are irrelivant. maybe an agreement system similar to Red vs Blue forums where people can click options on a post and then it allows them to agree or disagree or vote and says its spam, flaming, or trolling, etc.

if you dont see what i mean head over to the news section. the first post is usefull then there are 900 "looks cool" or "sucks" posts and the occassional irrelivant argument. the problems people make on pbn are so small but it being the 10th(or 100th, i forget :D) largest online forum all of these problems that single people have become massive swarm problems that just lead to an environment that creates some issues when some1 just goes there to get some key coldcut facts rather than the chillax chats that are associated with pbn. honestly if it becomes a personal responsibility to sift through 10 pages of "yea" and "looks great" or "im with stupid" just to see if someone has already talked about the possibility of break beam eyse before you post so you dont look stupid, its a problem with the forums.

Drefish99
08-02-2006, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't visit that place with a 10ft poll... :gaydodgy:

TheRedBarron
08-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Troof :p

bamf-hacker
08-03-2006, 04:43 AM

:lolsign:

vikingshadow
08-03-2006, 05:00 AM
As I didn't really say why I dislike it, I'll back myself up so you don't think I'm just blowing.

I agree with Claus in that everyone has an opinion there and they share it, but it goes beyond that because that's fine with me. It's the ones that ACTIVELY work to belittle a person, the constant insistance that a person is an idiot when they don't agree with someone who is popular, or even with themselves, the flat out flamage and immaturity etc if you DARE disagree, and the pages and pages and pages of either self affirmation, or derogatory terminology that Claus mentioned that just wears a person down. Not to mention the fact that it's VERY addictive and can suck hours from your day!

I believe it's the immaturity and open hostility of a majority of the posters in several of the forums and the obvious difficulty that PBNation has with keeping these people in check that I find uncomfortable to deal with. It definitely IS NOT a friendly site to newer players, especially if they as what is considered a "noob" question, or even if you've been around for awhile, unless you've managed to insert yourself into the inner cliques of each forum. and the hundreds of people who haven't done that will agree with me.

Do I care if other people go there? Nope, I'm glad they have found a home there and enjoy it. Have I received a lot of information and help there? Information, yes, help, not so much. Is everything bad over there? Again, nope! I just don't care for the site, is all.

In my opinion, PBNation ftl, to use the terminology of the day...

vwjimmy
08-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Don't worry Dre, I know a mod at pbn..... lol
Man, every weekend I can go ballin' I get looks and laughs from the young ones cause I'm old, fat and bald. Holding a Spyder always get them going too. But when it is time to play, and I make that dorito up front and start picking people off, most of them leave me alone. pbn is kind of like that. Yea, I have to wade thru the kind of stuff Vike is talking about. But there are some nice people there too...(like that mod I mentioned! :D ) I still only really go to b/s/t there but I have bought some stuff off of nice, mature folks.
I don't mind the teasing as long as I get the respect for holding my own when it counts. :cool:

claustrophobia9
08-03-2006, 07:35 AM
As I didn't really say why I dislike it, I'll back myself up so you don't think I'm just blowing.

I agree with Claus in that everyone has an opinion there and they share it, but it goes beyond that because that's fine with me. It's the ones that ACTIVELY work to belittle a person, the constant insistance that a person is an idiot when they don't agree with someone who is popular, or even with themselves, the flat out flamage and immaturity etc if you DARE disagree, and the pages and pages and pages of either self affirmation, or derogatory terminology that Claus mentioned that just wears a person down. Not to mention the fact that it's VERY addictive and can suck hours from your day!

I believe it's the immaturity and open hostility of a majority of the posters in several of the forums and the obvious difficulty that PBNation has with keeping these people in check that I find uncomfortable to deal with. It definitely IS NOT a friendly site to newer players, especially if they as what is considered a "noob" question, or even if you've been around for awhile, unless you've managed to insert yourself into the inner cliques of each forum. and the hundreds of people who haven't done that will agree with me.

Do I care if other people go there? Nope, I'm glad they have found a home there and enjoy it. Have I received a lot of information and help there? Information, yes, help, not so much. Is everything bad over there? Again, nope! I just don't care for the site, is all.

In my opinion, PBNation ftl, to use the terminology of the day...tl;dr

no im jk, thats the PBN inside me talking. They definately need the thing RvB has

thechubbss12
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
I have a problem with imaturity and morons... and well PBN seems to have WAY to much of that... so in other words i check PBN for the B/S/T and the Southwest Regional forums... thats it... Anything else and i would want so fry their server....

PBN FTL...

leed
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I have a problem with imaturity and morons... and well PBN seems to have WAY to much of that... so in other words i check PBN for the B/S/T and the Southwest Regional forums... thats it... Anything else and i would want so fry their server....

PBN FTL...

QFT. Though, I do sometimes go help people with their women problems in the Small Talk. And tell people who say GTFO of my Intarwebz to GTFO of Marv's Intarwebz..

DRAGON
08-03-2006, 12:51 PM
tl;dr.....

I hear they ban people there for that. That true? -

claustrophobia9
08-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I hear they ban people there for that. That true? -
i dunno, the rules were too long; so i didnt read them :D

DRAGON
08-03-2006, 01:28 PM
i dunno, the rules were too long; so i didnt read them :D

So IOW, when you clicked on 'AGREED" you could have given up the rights to your house, wife and first born(well if you had any of that anyways) because it was tl;dr? - :rolleyes:

timmyshoota
08-03-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm almost positive you guys go to PBN looking for the stuff you talk about. I hardly ever run into anything you guys complain about. I skim most threads for useful posts. Especially News threads. I don't sit and read every post and nit pick about them. If you go onto PBN with the mindset that its a horrible place full of immaturity, thats all you will find because thats all you want to find. Most of the complaints you make come from Small Talk. You are making one subforum represent the entire forum. I browse the Team forums, PSP/NPPL/EXP forums, Marker specific forums, and B/S/T forums. I check the News forum once a day and sometimes goto other forums if I see an interesting thread. I don't go around looking for the moronic posts so that I can complain.

tl;dr - If you want to think PBN is just immaturity, then thats what you are going to find. Half of you probably had a bad stigma before you even went there for the first time, and it stuck because you found a few threads to back you up. I went in open minded and found different.

vikingshadow
08-03-2006, 02:20 PM
As I said, I'm glad you're happy there. However, that was your experience, I've only stated mine. I've found these attitudes in several different forums; the Shocker forums, the Angel forums and in the ST (for sure.) I finally quit looking in the video section because of it. Really, the only forum that I haven't seen the attitude was in the pump forums, but it's tried to come in but gets shut down fast.

No, in answer to your statement, I didn't go into that forum looking for that attitude. I just happened to find it before I heard about it on my own. However, it found me when I supposedly voiced an opinion about something that went against the set grain of that site. Then, after being quiet for a long time, and seeing it happen to several other people that only asked simple questions, questions that would be answered easily here, that's when I formed my opinion of the site.

claustrophobia9
08-03-2006, 02:54 PM
its something you can get around fairly well but when it happens its like it never ends. i mean look at my plastidip thread in the mask forums, this guy just keeps harrassing my threads and making up garbage to take credit for what i came up with. but seriously speaking the <5 word posts that happen in the news threads need to end.

Read this thread and find me as many intelligent, non redundant posts as you can, the compare them to the number of posts in the thread and there you have my argument. : http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1681030

xtraking
08-03-2006, 11:04 PM
pbn ftw, but i hate it when i say threadstarter is a douche and get temp banned because he posts a thread saying its funny when he flashes his lights into peopels mirrors.