PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ACS Changes

Bulletproof
08-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Should I change anything on my Pilot ACS for the better if so please tell me what you think would be good for it...or should I keep everything stock?

splaturout
08-01-2006, 12:12 PM
You may want to just do a search in here. You will find that everything on a spyder can be upgraded in one way or another. Just do what you have the moeny for and will benefit you the most.

But first search the forum!

lost2
08-01-2006, 12:29 PM
First thing get rid af that ugly plastic elbow which eventually breaks and get a good low rise feedneck like this onehttp://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=TDrAr0vDEwXALw8M-wkAB0EKs9dZfJKJBHI=?ProductID=KnrAqArbdksAAAECDWU0 F1qE

And definetly get some stickys like thishttp://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=TDrAr0vDEwXALw8M-wkAB0EKs9dZfJKJBHI=?ProductID=7p2sFAY7_CcAAAD60At1 Movi

Sandman_Bravo
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
First- low rise feedneck, your choice
second- anti-syphon if you're staying with CO2
third- barrel
fourth- LP: bolt & hammer, reg & VA, spring kit
lastly- cosmetics/ grips, drop, rail, etc.

There are a lot of other places to shop other than AV, check Druid's store listing at the bottom of the forum index, good luck & happy hunting.

viperx6x9x
08-02-2006, 12:01 AM
just an opinion based on my pilot, Get compressed air, it hates CO2 if you if you keep up a high rate of fire for anything over a few seconds. I've done other mods to my pilot but thats the only one i can say i wouldn't do without.

And if you decide to upgrade the bolt be carefull and make sure everything matches up with the stock bolt, especiallt the positioning of the cocking knob. Just a little issue i ran into with mine that was bad enough damage that im still trying to fix it so i can use the gun again.

MVS1
08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
The most estential mod I would suggest is going to a rear cocking bolt. If you have not experienced any of the numerous problems mentioned throughout this forum; cocking pin falling out, can't remove cocking pin, striker/bolt plate breaking, you will soon enough. I convert my ACS bolt to rear cocking and wish I would have done it sooner. If you are mechanically inclined its not hard, however if you want to just buy a replacement bolt this is the best deal i have found:
http://www.assassinspaintball.com/site/xprodview.asp?prod_id=1357&cat=304
The feedneck is a great upgrade however not too neccessary, the barrel is a make of preference (I have a J&J ceramic and am very happy with it), switching to air is probably the best investment you can make if you really want to get the max performance out of your marker (any marker), but it is pretty expensive to get it set up correctly ($200-$300 depending on how you go). I suggest the first thing you do is deal with the bolt and then feedneck/barrel, etc.

Bulletproof
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks a lot guys