08-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm looking at an '06 shocker this kid has with these ups:
ccm feed neck
ccm on/off and mini rail
new designz roller wave trigger
new designz bolt and firing can
matching dust black freak with insert
predator board

What do you think of the upgrades? I'm not sure about the predator board.
I might be able to get it for <525, do you think that's a good deal?

DyNasty9
08-01-2006, 09:39 AM
if you can get it for under 525 ya its a nice deal. ive never used a pred board but im sure its a good board. the NDZ firing can is a ***** tho. if it isnt leaking dont take it out. it will take you forever to get it back in the right way. however it is more efficent then the stock can. sounds like a good deal go for it.

vikingshadow
08-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Sorry to disagree - the NDZ is a GREAT bolt. I've had it since I bought my gun almost two years ago and haven't had a lick of trouble ever with it. All you have to do is line up the orings with the holes on the side. It's not that difficult to do.

It's as efficient as any other bolt out there, with maybe the exception of the evolve bolt.

Anyways, the predator board is a good board, not too fond of the trigger, but it's a personal preference anyways. I'd give maybe 500.00 for it, with the upgrades on it.

Sandman_Bravo
08-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanx guys.

DyNasty9
08-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Sorry to disagree - the NDZ is a GREAT bolt. I've had it since I bought my gun almost two years ago and haven't had a lick of trouble ever with it. All you have to do is line up the orings with the holes on the side. It's not that difficult to do.

It's as efficient as any other bolt out there, with maybe the exception of the evolve bolt.

Anyways, the predator board is a good board, not too fond of the trigger, but it's a personal preference anyways. I'd give maybe 500.00 for it, with the upgrades on it.
i didnt mean to implie that it was a bad bolt, its a great bolt i just think it could be a little more user friendly. :)
it took me and a buddy like an hour just to get the can in without it leaking, but maybe you'll have better luck.

Sandman_Bravo
08-02-2006, 05:46 PM
I found this on E-bay, What do you guys think of this one? Man I got Shocker fever, gotta have one.:shocked:

Ace24
08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
found what?

Sandman_Bravo
08-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Duh, I'm retarded...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140013317590&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

timmyshoota
08-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't get that one. You can find a much better deal on PBN. The deal you listed in the original post was WAAAAAAAY better.

Ace24
08-02-2006, 07:26 PM
mmmm I like black shockers... or a dark shocker... *drool*

vikingshadow
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I think you could find a better one for cheaper than what you've shown so far, but I agree the first one is better than the ebay one. Personally, and this is only my opinion, I don't trust PBNation BST threads, too many friends and acquaintences with bad experiences with them, but a lot of people trust them and have had good experience with the apparantly, so don't go just by me.

I'm pretty sure you can get a vision shocker new for about 500.00 now, probably no more than 650.00 for sure. Getting a broken in, used one with upgrades for about 500.00 might be the best way to go, in this case. Of course, with the advent of the "new platform" that might, supposedly, come out next year, 03 type SFT Shockers might go down in price even more - good for you, bad for me!

Of course, make sure you check with Durrell first on getting a new Shocker - he might be able to work with you.

Sandman_Bravo
08-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Well the first one I didn't get, it went for 545. I'm going to keep looking. I contacted Durrell and he gave me some prices, I may go that route. Vike, do you have a link or any info on that new platform?
Thanx for everyone's input.

vikingshadow
08-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Well, I don't know a lot about it, but one (or both) of the new shockers have them - the Russian Legion one and the Naughty Dogs. We discussed it a bit a month or so ago when they came out. I'll look for it sometime later for ya.

stylinbeaver
08-04-2006, 05:56 AM
I would go with a dark shocker. I like the looks better. But I would check the nation, they have some pretty good prices.
Here's a dark shocker I found on ebay. Checkk it out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Warped-Sportz-Custom-Dark-Shocker-Paintball-Gun-Hybrid_W0QQitemZ220012840488QQihZ012QQcategoryZ108 181QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

vikingshadow
08-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Looks are all your getting with different body styles. All SFT shockers (for the most part) work and shoot exactly the same.

I prefer the stock body because it's classic, it's cheaper, it works great, and it's kind of like a pair of brown dress shoes - you can add almost anything to it and it'll look good. With these PL bodies, some aftermarket parts don't look right with them.

timmyshoota
08-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Don't buy a brand new Shocker. The first things you are gonna need with a Shocker(unless they accidentally come with them) is a new board, new bolt kit, new feedneck and rail. There's $250+ in upgrades. Now you are looking at a ~$800 Shocker. You can buy a used one with those upgrades already and spend $500-550. Its foolish to buy a brand new Shocker when they need upgrades right out of the box. They plain suck on air, the feedneck is crap, the stupid drop it comes with is horrible and the board is a waste of space. I'll admit, my SM5 sucks on air, but atleast the board is decent and the feedneck isn't crap. Shockers are nice, and I like them, they just need too much to be good. Matt and I had a debate on AIM about DMs and Shockers and I'm fairly sure I won that debate, even though his product costs $600 and mine costs $1100. The only benefit you get from a brand new Shocker is good anno, but that'll be gone soon enough anyways. I really wish me and Matt had that debate on a forum so I could show you guys it.