PDA

View Full Version : I've got a dilema...

vikingshadow
08-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Well, here I was, just sitting and typing on the computer, reading the forums, when out of the blue, I get a call. Seems a local team has recently lost a couple of members and they want to play in this tournament coming up, and they got together and decided to ask me if I'd like to play. Ok, well, it was my old team, Catalyst.

On the one hand, I don't really want to play because I'm out of practice since I've only really played Speedball a couple times since February. Also, it was the tourney scene that I got to disliking in the first place, what with sandbagging, cheating, attitudes, complaining, etc. Not from my team personally, but from others surrounding us, although it was starting to come up on our team as well. There are a couple other reasons, but would rather not voice them to the public here, some dealing with the tournament, some dealing with the team, some dealing with the people involved, etc...

On the other hand, it's a chance to go shoot some people, get some excitement back - it's been about a month since I played last, just to play and not worry about being a captain, so on. Although I hated the attitudes and sandbagging and cheating, I love tournament play. There are hardly any rec players around here, so paintball has been slim all summer. It was also nice to be asked, and I always said I'd back the team up. They were MY team for so long, I started it, brought it back to life with the current captain, and trained several players. It's been together now for almost 3 years, with different members of course, and there aren't a lot of teams that can say that, especially around Oklahoma.

I told them I'd think about it, and tell them this weekend at their practice. The timing of the tournament is sort of bad, but not horrible. Money is a bit tight, as it always is this time of year, but we'll manage. I still have the bug, but I don't know. See my dilema? Discuss the good and the bad for me....help me see the light!

splaturout
08-01-2006, 09:32 AM
I would have to say that the money situation is the biggest factor. Is it really worth it if you have to skim by later because you went? If the money is really ok then I would say go. It will either re-enforce your dis-like for the tourny scene or you will maybe see something new and an opportunity to lead by example. I say go and get it out of your system but remember your family's $ sit. first of all.

thechubbss12
08-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Hum is it the Torney in Tulsa, Choctaw, or Adventure Zone?

If it is choctaw then you will be sadly greated with lots of Sandbaggers... OKC Yayo will see you there.
If it is AZ then you will be playing in teh rec torney and OKC Yayo will see you there.
If its tulsa then you better get ready to play serious... its a Open torney so lots of Nation level team are going to show up.

Id say go all the way man.

marvin-martian
08-01-2006, 09:58 AM
i wouldnt do it. you have had so many problems with that team, and you going back you just bring those up again. they also didnt respect you enough when you were there, so they obviously only want you as a tool, not as a person.