PDA

View Full Version : Mask question for scenerio

spydermr1
07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey guys was just wondering for a decent priced mask that I could use for Scenerio play? My friends and I like a good game of woodball a day or two out of the week when we arent on the Speedball course. My Yellow Profilers just dont cut it out there in the woods! Was just looking for some input on a good mask that I could use for Woodsball? Something thats comfortable, and not real pricey..since itll get used once or twice a week. Right now Im leaning towards the Olive JT Spectra. Action Village has them for $35. Also looking at the JT Flex 7s, Olive..theyre $40. Thats the most I wanna spend on one.

Ace24
07-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Vforce Morph Green - They are good for woodsball, thats why I bought mine. Its large enough so that the 300+fps isnt going to rip your neck a hole, and it has the same lense system as your Profiler, so you could share lenses. It also has bounce rubber along the entire bottom. It costs $40.

I have a amber spherical lense in mine right now and I can see everything in woodsball, even in the darkest conditions. If your doing scenario, wich you spoke of, you might want an amber lense or one that makes it easier to see at night. Since most scenario games go 12 hours or more. (At least the ones I play)

spydermr1
07-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Ohhh thats awesome, may just have to look into them. Yea, right now I have smoke and clear lense for my profilers. Gonna buy a Amber one here soon. I never did think of getting another V-Force and shareing Lense on them..which in turn would help save $$. And yea, some Scenerio games take hours hehe.

Ace24
07-31-2006, 08:18 PM
In that case, go with a mask that you can use the lenses on. Other wise your going to end up spending more money on more lenses for another mask. Shields also use the same spherical lense as far as I know. They are a Morph witout the bounce rubber basicly and some annoying little neck guard thingy that slides down...

http://images.actionvillage.com/inc/images/large/020-9020-1.jpg?qlt=100&cell=175,300&cvt=jpg - Green Morph

http://images.actionvillage.com/inc/images/large/020-143-0014.jpg?qlt=100&cell=175,300&cvt=jpg -Green Shield

vikingshadow
08-01-2006, 04:07 AM
Why not just paint your yellow profiler? You can use some Krylon Fusion, or that rubber paint. Or, you can get some of that cloth camo tape and put it in strips on your mask. Unless you're dying to drop some cash on another mask, that's what I'd do.

anemcek
08-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Man I wish I had your life and even had the time to play paintball more than once a week or even that much. As for needing a different color mask, if you use your cover right mask shouldnt matter. I play with a couple of guys when we woodsball that wear hawaiian shirts on purpose and use pumps just to prove a point as they light up everyone.

Ace24
08-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Its true... you can wear even the brightest clothing and still own people. I have seen it done before. It all depends on how you play the game and what stratigies you use. Viking is right though, you should be able to spray your profiler. I mean that is if you want it to be that way for speedball too.

TheRogueGnome
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
vik will that fusion paint stay on?? i digi flauged my mask and it flaked off after about 2 hours..

vikingshadow
08-01-2006, 11:35 AM
It should since it bonds on the molecular level. But I can't guarantee it at all.

TheRogueGnome
08-01-2006, 12:53 PM
i think the paint that i used wasnt good for it..ill try that this weekend

_Fett_
08-03-2006, 09:25 AM
plz continue discussion for slightly related question ...

what are really good masks that keep from fogging up in hot temps?

it is terribly humid where i live, so playing pball these days is tremendously difficult with masks fogging time and time again. multiple players have used several types of masks and a variety of lenses, none of which seems to make any difference.

Paradox313
08-03-2006, 10:17 AM
i always figured the camo echo's were always good

ShieldzyBoy
08-03-2006, 10:19 AM
no u want the jt protus sports com mask. it has 2 speakers in the mask and a mic with 2 imputs 1 for a walkietalkie and the other for ur ipod

Paradox313
08-03-2006, 10:26 AM
or the full head camo spectra

vikingshadow
08-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Definitely stay away from a full head mask if you live in hot, humid areas. As far as the mask with ear phone jacks? Mmmmkkkkkkk - who has time to listen to music during a paintball game - AND, if you do anything OUTSIDE of scenarios, the walkie talkie is illegal in play anyways.

I'd recommend the three biggys for this issue - profiler, flex 7, or the new Ventz masks. These are all good in hot, cold, dry and humid areas.

TheRogueGnome
08-03-2006, 11:12 AM
the protius is a great mask..i live in florida nad its humid as hell down here and throw alittle fan in it and no fog and cool breeze

bamf-hacker
08-03-2006, 11:21 AM
JT Proflex's and if it is really bad you can get the visor fan for them.

Ace24
08-03-2006, 11:30 AM
plz continue discussion for slightly related question ...

what are really good masks that keep from fogging up in hot temps?

it is terribly humid where i live, so playing pball these days is tremendously difficult with masks fogging time and time again. multiple players have used several types of masks and a variety of lenses, none of which seems to make any difference.

Buy a mask that you can put a fan on. They have mask fans. I think Spectra/Flex's can use the JT fan. I think Dye makes one too.

_Fett_
08-03-2006, 11:31 AM
are all fans pretty much the same ?
or are they about as different as one mask form another ?

Ace24
08-03-2006, 11:33 AM
They arnt all the same... Some work better then others, and some only fit sertin types of masks. You might have to do a little research... OR you can go to Otters page and put a computer fan in any of your masks. Aparently they work good.

TheRogueGnome
08-03-2006, 01:19 PM
they work great..