PDA

View Full Version : camd 2.0 busted after 2 plays

viperx6x9x
07-30-2006, 07:57 PM
ok so i already emailed kingman about this and hopefully they actually write back this time. i wrote about something a while back and its been so long i forgot what i wrote about and they still never wrote me.

but on to the problem. Camd 2.0 trigger on my pilot acs all of a sudden shut off while i was testing a new mod, and it wont turn back on now. I already tried swapping out batteries, i never overcharged the one that was in it. i also had it charged before i used it. I've only played with the gun like twice. I got a 47/3000 tank finally so i could run HPA/N2 instead of the C02 so i was trying it out and it fried itself or something.

any ideas how to fix it?, i dont wanna buy a new trigger already after i only used the gun like twice. I try to take good care of it, oil and clean it before and after each time i play and such and it still breaks so soon. this is really starting to make me dislike kingman, especially since my first gun did this.

so hopefully somebody on here can help me at least get this thing working again so i can at least still use it. if i cant fix it im just gonna be like everybody else and get an ion i guess. and sell some hardly used at all mod parts i wasted money on.

Live2Play
07-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Have you checked to make sure all the connections on the board are secure? Its a possibility that the connector from the battery had come loose on the board. Hopefully thats the case otherwise heres kingmans info:

I would assume you emailed it to the right address, double check just to be safe: tech@spyder.tv

But if your gun is still under warranty you should have no problem replacing the board or at the very least having it fixed by them.

You can call them at 888-KINGMAN or 626-430-2300.

viperx6x9x
08-02-2006, 07:20 AM
i've tried the checking the connections. Apparently Kingman doesn't answer e'mails. So one of these days when i actually get off early enough il have to call the bums i guess.

besides that anybody got any other ideas why this pos wont get power anymore?

big_daddy_d
08-02-2006, 08:54 AM
does it click when you pull the trigger? Is the batter and solenoid cables plugged into the right areas? are the wires crimped or pinched in any way? Best bet is to call kingman if the gun is still under warranty and send that bugger in...

ad0131065
08-02-2006, 09:29 AM
was the mod you tried a mod to the board?

ooglieboogliebob
08-02-2006, 11:08 AM
make sure your connections are on right, like "Live2Play" said. Push them in , better yet pull them out and then put them back in just to make sure.

Get a multimeter, and make sure all connections are running through correctly. If there's any broken connections, then you can fix it, unless it's the board of course.

viperx6x9x
08-03-2006, 06:55 PM
to answer your questions, no it wasnt a mod to the board. I put in a NDZ EQ bolt and the cocking knob struck the front of its slot and bent metal so i had to do some filing and polishing. so i tested the operation and it seemed to work well. then i got a HPA/N2 tank and decided to test it on air instead of C02 and all of a sudden display went blank, couldnt get power at all. tried all the obvious connections, tried swapping the battery. no go.

so the next step im taking it to some electrician/electronic techs at work tomorrow and letting them play with it. If its on the board itself maybe they can fix it. If not all i really need is for them to find the problem cuz i know people who can work on boards.

that is of coarse if the board aint cooked, it didnt look like it but im not a techie. speaking of which, anybody know where to find schematics of the actual e-trigger, components breakdown, voltage in and out of certain components, amps, etc. If i can get that info i can fix this thing.

Jimmyd24
08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
you dont have to buy a new trigger, just get a new board if kingman dosent respond, you can get a t-board w/ramping chip on ebay for 60. and with the tboard you can install eys which are nice

viperx6x9x
08-05-2006, 01:44 AM
yeah t-board would be nice but if kingman is gonna do business like that im gonna waste as little money as possible making their product work. Which means if i can get away with replacing a capacitor then thats all thats gonna happen. If i have to put a mechanical trigger on it, i will.

anyways maybe il finally get time to call today. cuz email don't work with these people.

viperx6x9x
08-05-2006, 02:25 PM
ok so i got the ion, now i just gotta figure out how to work the modes. It doesnt have a very user friendly interface.

but yeah i guess its time to send kingman some more emails. cuz i still want my other gun to work.

PBBUM892
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
hey the same thing happened to me...the on/off switch wires that go to the board snapped on mine and i had to resoder them...sorry if this was already brought up.

Oscum Guy
10-22-2006, 04:49 PM
i know this sounds weird but... try to use a regular 9-volt battery on yer frame. i know it voids warranty but it works perfectly. and if it works perfectly theyll never find out. i used to use a 9 volt on my electra before cuz my battery wasent recharging untill i figured out the outlet wasent turned on. but thats another story. anyway try it!

viperx6x9x
01-02-2007, 07:54 AM
sorry i havnt replied in a while. i haven't been on here in a long time, and guess what, still no friggin reply from kingman. Anyway yeah i tried a number of things and still no worky. i tried the normal 9v. no work. then we decided to bypass the circuit board all together and just wire the battery and trigger switch straight to the solonoid. i only use semi auto anyway so i figured it would be just fine. it at least fires now but you cant shoot it rapid because it won't trip the solenoid every time the switch is depressed. Anybody that knows electronics at all i could use some advice here. is the solenoid bad?, and can it be replaced?

second question, anybody know where to get just a mechanical trigger for cheap cuz i'm just going to use that untill i figure out this stupid e-trigger. Chances are il just save up and throw an infinity trigger or rocking or something in it later on, i just want a cheap reliable fix for now.