PDA

View Full Version : Illegal?

splaturout
07-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Since the topic of silencers has been brought up a few time I thought this would apply. I found this pic on another bored and I thought you might want to see. Isn't this illegal.....even in MN? :confused:

http://www.mnmilitia.com/gallery/My-Markers/671227051300_001

druid
07-30-2006, 05:49 PM
If it deadens the report and is without 'Construction Permit' then yes. The difficulty is determining it's illegality in a picture...which you can't. It could feesably be a "Mock" Silencer in which case, is NOT illegal.

splaturout
07-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Well that explains a lot...but I am not sure. If you look at his other markers he has a couple spyders he converted to pumps. I am guessing that that is a REAL silencer though. he just seems like the type that would have something like that. It is really cool what he has done with some of his guns though.

bigred76
07-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Is that a PT Extreme? They mutilated it! :bawling:

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 18 seconds.

yamaha cow
07-30-2006, 06:43 PM
i play paintball with this guy it doesn't do anything to the sound it makes it mor accurate and he is turning it into a rifle.

druid
07-30-2006, 06:52 PM
then it's a 'mock' silencer which is legal

splaturout
07-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Then that is really cool!

TheRedBarron
07-31-2006, 10:15 AM
i play paintball with this guy it doesn't do anything to the sound it makes it mor accurate and he is turning it into a rifle.
Rifling does nothing to the accuracy of a paintball.

durrell
07-31-2006, 10:26 AM

Yeah right, it makes it way cooler sounding. :gaydodgy:

Ace24
07-31-2006, 09:10 PM
That silencer is wayyy too big. Almost looks like a inflated J&J haha. Makes the gun look unbalanced, wich I am sure it is, and looks like its a mock wich would have no affect on the sound... Well... to reduce it anyway. It might make it sound more metal like..?

Recon by Fire
08-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Indeed, nothing illegal about a mock suppressor/barrel extension.

http://home.houston.rr.com/doublenot7/Pict0143.JPG
Hmm...

claustrophobia9
08-01-2006, 08:56 PM
you can get a permit to have an arms dealer make a silencer custom for your paintball marker but it requires the same paperwork and wait that a normal gun silencer does.

Recon by Fire
08-02-2006, 07:30 PM
It's not a permit, it is a tax stamp. You buy one ($200?) for each Class 3/NFA weapon you buy. You can have a permamently affixed silencer/barrel on your marker and not need the tax stamp.

claustrophobia9
08-02-2006, 08:52 PM
It's not a permit, it is a tax stamp. You buy one ($200?) for each Class 3/NFA weapon you buy. You can have a permamently affixed silencer/barrel on your marker and not need the tax stamp.
dont you have to get approved to have one first? also they can do it without permanantly affixing it to the marker legally.

_Fett_
08-03-2006, 12:11 PM
not that i'm truely picky about the issue or the discussion noted above, but ...

when you locate the pointer on or near the picture the following text is noted as a discription: "PT Extreme Sniper Rig/"silencer"/gasthrough ...

now, if the author of the script/text is the same person who owns/opperates the marker and he/she admits in the description - "silencer" - doesn't this disclose the suppressor vs mock argument ?

druid
08-03-2006, 01:26 PM
what do you really care? If he gets reported/caught...or not...how does it affect you? Does it bother you enough to report it? No? give it a rest then...

_Fett_
08-04-2006, 04:49 AM
it doesn't affect me.
i'm simply stating a fact and posing a follow-up question.
a playmate of "his/hers" stated that it was only a mock, or prop or whatever ... apparently the user claims something different.
if you didn't care for my inquiry, then why bother posting just to flame?
really, you don't have to answer that, but somehow i get the impression that you'll try to make a silly comeback.
relax.

splaturout
08-04-2006, 05:03 AM
wow...that was a good head shot....sorry druid...Fett really closed it down well.

Fett you have my respect now (not that it means much)

druid
08-04-2006, 05:29 PM
well, it wouldn't be the first time someone 'embelished' themselves or their gear to look 'uber cool' or 'buck the system' now would it? Big deal...they called it a 'supressor' and not 'mock'...really,who cares? This is definately worth arguing about and second-guessing over considering neither of us have access to the item for inspection. Since you seem Hell bent on finding out, I have submitted the thread and all appropriate links to my local FBI office and they can look at it all they want, if they want. Satisfied with your PWNAGE now? There's your 'headshot'...

and splat...you are right...internet respect means squat...

splaturout
08-05-2006, 04:03 AM
and splat...you are right...internet respect means squat...

:yeahthat:

yamaha cow
08-05-2006, 06:09 PM
he is make the pistol look li8ke a rifle not rifle the barrel.

_Fett_
08-07-2006, 08:19 AM
druid,
this is hardly worth the arguing that you seem to think i am trying to create.
i think it's great that you're sticking to your guns, but i don't have a dispute with you directly, or anyone else.
i stated a fact as noted by information presented as is and posed a simple question, nothing more.
honestly, i think that sending the info may be/have been a futile effort based on the plethora of info our guys are investigating already these days.
perhaps you'll hear something afterall.