PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I walk the trigger

aintnophun
07-30-2006, 04:02 PM
I try to roll my fingers and the bolt will stay forward. I then have to cock it again to be able to continue firing. I am using a spyder pilot acs with a lapco feedneck and a halo b. At first Ithought I needed to buy a faster loader then I got the halo and it improved a little. It did not solve the problem. Please suggest upgrades if neccessary.:confused: :confused:

Sandman_Bravo
07-30-2006, 04:41 PM
I try to roll my fingers and the bolt will stay forward. I then have to cock it again to be able to continue firing.

I'm not sure what you're saying but I think you mean you're only getting one single fire off then you have to re-cock again, is that right?

druid
07-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Oil your striker Oring

aintnophun
07-31-2006, 10:13 AM
O.k. I mean when I fire a few shots,The striker bolt becomes uncocked I then have to stop and recock it. I do oil my gun regurlarly. I want to know how i can adjust my gun so when in play I don't have to stop and recock it manually. In the few seconds it takes to recock it I get LIT UP!!!

Berserker
07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
jus practic. i can shoot almost 20 bps on my extra b4 it got stolun from me. I can almost hit 20 bps with my new triad also all i did was practic all day for a month.

aintnophun
07-31-2006, 10:32 AM
I do practice alot I just need to adjust my gun some how and I need to know how to do it.

stylinbeaver
07-31-2006, 10:38 AM
jus practic. i can shoot almost 20 bps on my extra b4 it got stolun from me. I can almost hit 20 bps with my new triad also all i did was practic all day for a month.
There's no way you can hit 20 bps. You will have to show me a vid of you doing that. I mean most people can hit like 15. I can get like 14-15 and that's pretty hard.

pman15
07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
There's no way you can hit 20 bps. You will have to show me a vid of you doing that. I mean most people can hit like 15. I can get like 14-15 and that's pretty hard.

agreed.a extra is not cape able of doin 20 bps stock.my pilot acs can hit about 13-14 bps and its stock.i actually practice every day.and walk the trigger for like 10 mins straight.that is the best way to get fast fingers

NoodleKnight
07-31-2006, 05:19 PM
I have this problem too, basically after I get past a certain firing speed, the bolt won't recock. The striker o-ring is practically new and is properly oiled; I have the ACS delrin bolt.

For a while I thought that my gun just may be low on air, or it might just be shoot down. I refilled my tank (48/3000 crossfire) and took it to the chrono and the velocity remains relatively constant (for a spyder) when it has that de-cocking issues.

aintnophun
08-02-2006, 11:42 AM
So does anybody have a solution for our problem?

Mech Warrior
08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
You've already been given the solution: practice.

btw, I don't hate anybody...

emf7301
08-02-2006, 11:59 AM
sounds there might not be enough air going back to recock your striker. you could try either a spring kit or try filing down sides of the valve pin to let more air back to the striker. Before you do any of that tho, make sure the valve is in correctly, larger end toward the barrel, and the striker buffer isn't next to the valve in front of the striker ( it should be behind the striker with the spring going through it). Other than that, let us know if you need anything else.

You've already been given the solution: practice.

btw, I don't hate anybody...
his question wasn't that he couldn't walk; it was why his gun kept coming uncocked when he tried to fire rapidly. Plz be sure to understand the actual thread before your post.

ineasyi
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
well it could be the acs bolt not cocking back when its keeping you from chopping a ball....if you change the bolt...I use the superfly and don't have a problem with recocking unless im low on air. however its up to you...would you rather not chop a ball or recock every so often...your choice...

this is only from my personal experience so anyone please correct me if this is just mere coincidence or if is factional

druid
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
If you are using CO2, the internals are freezing and causing recocking issues.

If you are using HPA, it's a poor flow/recharge/low air issue.

Paint shell could be getting stuck in the bolt or worse, paint has dripped into the lower tube. You'll need to completely disassemble the marker to clean it. remove everything from the body...frame, bbl, valve/internals. Hot soapy water will do...swab it dry with a soft cloth or battleswab

NoodleKnight
08-04-2006, 10:11 PM
I took my pilot ACS for another test run. I'm using HPA (47/3000 crossfire tank), eVlutionII hopper, all stock parts on the gun except that I polished some internal parts (via the OtterSC website). The gun was previously stripped down to nothing, cleaned, and properly re-oiled.

For one thing I realised that part of the de-cocking issue was cause of trigger bounce (mainly: two shots in very close sucession). It isn't cause of the ACS bolt preventing a paint chop, I verified this. I think druid might be right with the problem (or mine at least). I just got my spring kit in the mail so I'll see if that helps any, but otherwise, if I wanted to fix my recharge issue, what should I get? better ASA or reg? or both?

Thanks.

The Pink Panther
08-04-2006, 10:27 PM
whoever said they could walk 20 bps w/ a triad is lying....thats a walmart gun and its mechanical..i dont even think u could put a e-frame on it