PDA

View Full Version : Sear Springs

DeTrevni
07-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Well, in repainting my ESP frame, I lost the sear spring. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to replace it? Kingman wants to charge me $4 for one, which I think is a bit high. Pen springs are barely too large in diamater, and I can't seem to find one at hardware stores.

Or possibly, does anyone have an extra spring lying around? I could really use one. Sorry for the mooch ;)

druid
07-30-2006, 03:52 PM
take the spring out of an older push-button pen. It's basicly the same thing

DRAGON
07-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Ya just look around your house for more clicky's and strip them of their click. There's most likely one that'll fit after you've cut it to size -

DeTrevni
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
The pen springs are too large to fit the diameter of the hole in the sear. I cut one down to fit lengthwise, but because it won't actually fit in the sear, it doesn't seem to perform to well. It skips shots and won't catch the striker.

Edit: Would affect performance in any way to drill the hole in the sear sligtly larger? I don't want to mess it up...

druid
08-02-2006, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't suggest drilling the sear. If you can't make it work, here's an alternative

http://www.paintballgateway.com/spydmadpersp.html

or write/call Kingman and tell them you need a sear spring....see what they can do for you

DeTrevni
08-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Well, I already contacted Kingman, and they want $4 for the thing. I think that's a bit high considering the size and amount they probably have. But I guess I don't really have much of a choice...