PDA

View Full Version : Tourney... 12 semi teams 1 pump team.. guess who won....

QAZ123
07-30-2006, 07:44 AM
I'll make a note that I was not there I'm having some problem's with a pinched sciatic nerve in my back that is giving me some issues but my boy's out of Nashville, TN Third EyE Vision went and played an open class (rookie/novice) semi tournament near Fort Campbell, KY and ended up taking first place!

Here's the lowdown of how underdog wrote it as I'm just copying it....

"
The field operated by Sue Gabhart was a long slender speedball field consisting of 95% ammunition boxes. it gave it a very lego-like feel and played relatively well. Hawaii 5-0 with his trusty phantom and Terd Ferguson and myself both running snipers made for a pretty good combo.

After a thorough walk of the field we decided on our postioning. 5-0 ran the right tape snake with the role of tip of the spear. he would push heavily on that side gaining real-estate and hit those deadly angles from the snake. he did some rambo type low crawling to work that snake...and work it he did. He definitely dropped the hammer and had money-hit after money-hit. Terd Ferguson worked the center as one of the most deadly mid-men i've ever seen. after looking at the footage he cleaned up nicely with many eliminations that opened games up. As for myself i felt more like a witness to their skills. i played back-ish left and tried to keep people out of the left snake and hold the left side down. I also tried to focus with Terd on communication and keepin' it loud. Since 5-0 was working the low crawl style coup-de snake, Terd and I would just shout out the locations of the op-force and 5-0 would hit the angles hard.

In the vids, you might not see much of 5-0, b/c the photographer (the lovely Fatin), was on the left side of the field. and we ended up playing from the same side all 7 games. But what you don't see is him pounding the opposition from his snake. what you will see is this, 6 games. Essenstially you see the prelims, we ended up playing a tie breaker for 1st place against the one team we lost to; and fatin was off the field for that game.

games 1 and 2 are pretty good games with us working the field pretty hard. It seemed that most the other teams hit the back stand-ups and just sat trying to use acuuracy by volume. we just got close and worked it. Game 2 in particular highlights 5-0 and Terd's skills, losing me on the left they were able to go toe-to-toe with the remaining op-force and come out on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXSlhRscZ4c

games 3 and 4 are also good games with us finding a good flow and woking the field to our advantage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PqJ6DDsFXU

games 5 and 6 show some of the tougher games with lots of paint being thrown around. game 6 we just got tanked by Sue's Boys when they straight up over-muscled us. But we noticed something about their style and in the last game (not videoed) we were able to capitlize on their weaknesses and beat them for first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOq8IbJmB5o

teams in attendence were, Team Arsenal, Team 3EV, Team Short-Bus, Sue's Boys, 2nd Ammendment, Window Lickers, Hellions Retards, Aw Hell!, S.I.K, Panda Crew, Young Guns, Sillz that Killz, and MP3(?)

It was a good event with good reffing provided by Sinister Sainthood. We are looking forward to the next one and hope any in the area can attend!"

Just goes to show accuracy by volume does not alway's win the game!

JB.

colonel_moo
07-30-2006, 08:23 AM
wow, they really have some skills. it did look like there were alot of noob teams there though, but still a major accomplishment for the pump community! i couldn't have done that!

QAZ123
07-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah from what I understand it was more rookie than novice but two of the three guy's playing for 3EV that day only have 6-8 month's paintball experience much less with a pump.

Hard to believe. I've only met and played with the other two guy's once and the Hawaiian guy was all over me all day long when we played and the other guy won a 3 on 1.

Sadly we are losing both those player's as Hawaii 5-0 is done with his military duties in Fort Campbell, KY and is moving back to Hawaii and the other guy is going on leave for a few month's.

Good times.

JB.

tigerdave714
07-30-2006, 08:40 AM
I never get tired of that sound, sight, and the feeling... ducking into a bunker while the opponent lays about 50 shots on you. Then popping up to return with 1 or 2 shots. Great vids, Great story. Glad to see it posted on mutliple forums.

(ps... whats up JB. Havent talked to you in quite a while. How's the back?)