PDA

View Full Version : Quick Way to Chrono?

pb34
07-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Is there any quick way to chrono a gun without a chronograph? I am playing with some of my friends and havent gotten a chance to get it chrono'd and I dont want to hurt anyone.

pb34
07-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Come on people I really dont want to go out and play with a 350fps gun. Is there any way to take the velocity adjuster all the way out and turn it back in a certain amount of times. ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!

emf7301
07-30-2006, 08:55 AM
first of all, not everyone can help you this early on a sunday morning so relax. The easiest way is if you have a friend who's gun is chronoed, just compare how far they shoot and adjust the speed of your gun so that it's shooting about the same distance. pretty simple.

vikingshadow
07-30-2006, 09:06 AM
In answer to your question - No.

The best thing to do is just go the field and chronograph or just buy one - they aren't that expensive. You can not guestimate the speed of a gun.

pb34
07-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Ok thanks.

Paradox313
07-30-2006, 09:17 AM
In answer to your question - No.

The best thing to do is just go the field and chronograph or just buy one - they aren't that expensive. You can not guestimate the speed of a gun.

:yeahthat:

thats the best thing to do. personally i will never ever play pball with my buddies without a chrono mainly becuase i have already had an eye injury and let me tell ya that freaking hurt

druid
07-30-2006, 04:38 PM
the first major purchase after getting a marker should be a chrono. You don't need to spend more than $80 for the Radarchron model.

Forget a barrel, reg or LP.....safety gear should be the FIRST after-marker purchase...

Nenkitsune
08-03-2006, 05:19 AM
my friends and I guestimate our setups. we basically hit a target from a certian distance (usually something metal that'll make a certian pitch noise depending on how hard it's hit) and we'll shoot at it. basically, depending on the sound from it we judge how fast the ball's going. we probably end up tuning the guns lower than 250, but hey, it's still fun. we're going to pull some cash and buy a crono though

vikingshadow
08-03-2006, 05:23 AM
See previous post on how NOT to chronograph a gun. There are too many variables such as wind speed, humidity, type of paint and fill, thickness of shell, sunny or cloudy, Co2 spikes, etc, to make a judgement in that manner. Maybe, if you did the math and chrono'd inside where conditions are equal, but not outside. You cannot guestimate on the speed a gun is shooting. Period.

Glad you are buying a chrono though. Good decision, but I hope no one gets hurt before then.

Nenkitsune
08-03-2006, 05:55 AM
like i said before, the guns end up being way under set. but yeah, we're getting a chrono mostly because we're curious just how fast our guns are capable of, and cause his bro likes to crank his gun up sometimes -_-
no one's been hurt. we have had problems with the balls not wanting to break at a distance that they should, but w/e we play woodsball, so it's still all good lol

druid
08-03-2006, 06:47 AM
no one's been hurt. we have had problems with the balls not wanting to break at a distance that they should, but w/e we play woodsball, so it's still all good lol

...famous last words

nbishop66
08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I wish you luck. I bought a Chrono the week before my son and I started to play outlaw with his buddies in the woods around our house. No-one gets to play unless it passes my inspection first.

If I'm out there with 5-6 13 year olds I'm responsible for their safety and I take it very seriously. We all should! Estimating velocity is unacceptable!

Nenkitsune
08-03-2006, 08:42 PM
ok, now, here's a question. has anyone used a vlocity on barrel chrono?
found a new one on ebay for 40 bucks

druid
08-04-2006, 02:50 AM
The Vlocity models were'nt that accurate...but it's better than nothing.

Nenkitsune
08-04-2006, 03:42 AM
well i'll just get a diffrent one then. we're pulling money together so it'll be easier

colonel_moo
08-04-2006, 07:17 AM
id go with this one:
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=LYlylJNgQt5yWteze1ayPJnGiMnHSKe8tig=?Pro ductID=eWysFAY7CzYAAAD3kXilA_2y#

bamf-hacker
08-04-2006, 07:31 AM
:yeahthat: I had one and it was excellent... Ask ogglieboogliebob about it now.

I just sold it becasue I picked up one of these..

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=LYlylJNgQt5yWteze1ayPJnGiMnHSKe8tig=?Pro ductID=GNDAqArbDHoAAAECdSPjnsvk

and that works great too.

phatphil
08-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Take out your mainspring and you won't be shooting 350 :dodgy:.

Nenkitsune
08-04-2006, 07:36 PM
id go with this one:
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=LYlylJNgQt5yWteze1ayPJnGiMnHSKe8tig=?Pro ductID=eWysFAY7CzYAAAD3kXilA_2y#
that's the one i was planning on buying