PDA

View Full Version : Which marker

pbfreak3221
07-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Should I get a Pilot ACS and then trick it out with the saved money or a Ion and save for a freak and a body kit and other upgrades?

Modded-Like-Hell
07-28-2006, 07:34 PM
well, since it is a spyder forum i will have to go with..........Pilot?

pman15
07-28-2006, 08:06 PM
well this depends.are u a woodsballer,or speedsballer?.pilot for woods,ion for speeds.kinda like tomatoe or potatoe

vikingshadow
07-29-2006, 03:43 AM
pman - you never cease to amaze me with some of your answers...:rolleyes:

The type of play doesn't matter as both guns are ok for both types of play. IF there were any guns more suited for woodsball, it would be those that were heavier and more bulky, naking it difficult to snap shoot and hide behind smaller bunkers. But, a spyder and an Ion don't fit that description. I used to play speedball with my Sonix and my TES - then turn around and play equally as well in the woods with both guns, so yeah.

Best advice is to search for information on the Ion and then read up about spyders (almost all spyders are the same internally, so it doesn't matter which you choose. Just the body types are a little different.) Then, after you research a bit, go to your local field and shoot both of them and decide which is the best for you.

Personally, of the two listed, I'd choose the Ion because it's lighter, has a smoother operation, works with very low pressure, and with minimal upgrades it can be a beast. With a different body kit, you can make it look however you want. The Pilot is a blowback which leads to blowback issues like jack hammering, kick, decocking problems, etc., but it's a decent gun as well - especially with the myriad of upgrades you can get.

thechubbss12
07-29-2006, 06:04 AM
But the thing is.... That blowbacks have the ability to become the fastest markers avaliable... Due to the fact that they can cycle at what 44+ times a second. The only problem is that we or Kingman hasnt quite (with the designs now) mastered the technology to make them rip without the Problems...

Maybe they will have fixed this problem with the VS series... i dont know I would Say Upped Pilot but thats just me.

bigred76
07-29-2006, 09:26 AM
pman - you never cease to amaze me with some of your answers...:rolleyes:

The type of play doesn't matter as both guns are ok for both types of play. IF there were any guns more suited for woodsball, it would be those that were heavier and more bulky, naking it difficult to snap shoot and hide behind smaller bunkers. But, a spyder and an Ion don't fit that description. I used to play speedball with my Sonix and my TES - then turn around and play equally as well in the woods with both guns, so yeah.

Best advice is to search for information on the Ion and then read up about spyders (almost all spyders are the same internally, so it doesn't matter which you choose. Just the body types are a little different.) Then, after you research a bit, go to your local field and shoot both of them and decide which is the best for you.

Personally, of the two listed, I'd choose the Ion because it's lighter, has a smoother operation, works with very low pressure, and with minimal upgrades it can be a beast. With a different body kit, you can make it look however you want. The Pilot is a blowback which leads to blowback issues like jack hammering, kick, decocking problems, etc., but it's a decent gun as well - especially with the myriad of upgrades you can get.
:yeahthat: Damn Vike, you got almost EVERYTHING I wanted to say! I'd also have to mention that the Ion is cheaper, new or used. Resale sucks on them and MAP's dropped to sub-$200. Stock, IMO, they only will need a barrel, ASA, and feedneck. Nothing else is needed unless you want to make it a cash pit like others on this forum *cough* Druid, Hacker, and Taco *cough*. But as Vike said, and I agree, go to the field and try both out. Ask the owners after you tryed them the kind of problems they're having with their markers, how they like them, and if they'd actually reccommend someone picking one up.

TheRedBarron
07-29-2006, 09:38 AM
But the thing is.... That blowbacks have the ability to become the fastest markers avaliable... Due to the fact that they can cycle at what 44+ times a second. The only problem is that we or Kingman hasnt quite (with the designs now) mastered the technology to make them rip without the Problems...

Maybe they will have fixed this problem with the VS series... i dont know I would Say Upped Pilot but thats just me.
Cycle rate means very little. Actual firing rate is what matters. Also a spyder kicking out 20 bps has some serious kick as compared to an ion kicking out 20 bps (aftermarket board) with little to no kick.

vwjimmy
07-29-2006, 10:28 AM
I voted for the Pilot....
How good of a tech are you?
The Pilot will be easier to clean and repair....
just my .02

colonel_moo
07-29-2006, 10:58 AM
ion, but dont bother with the freak. barrel kits are overrated IMO. if you have a nice medium-large bore barrel with nice honing etc you will be happier and save more money. just get a nice overbored barrel and you will be all set. i bought an empire kit, which was a very nice kit, but i liked the way my stock matrix barrel (same honing etc. as a UL) better, and i didnt have to carry around a bulky kit or worry about sizing/overboring. a nice barrel will shoot as nice or nicer than a freak or other barrel kit for half the price.

Maxx-Damage
07-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Id get the ion, my bro uses it along with n2, jj ceramic barrel kit and a egg2. He loves it, wont trade it or anything.:)

bigred76
07-29-2006, 03:49 PM
I agree with Moo. Lol, I didn't read the post. I'd get a UL or a Proto barrel for it in one bore, like a .691 or .692. That's a good general bore and you wont have very many with barrel breaks, yet still have good accuracy/consistency.