PDA

View Full Version : Scammed? Or not...

big_daddy_d
07-28-2006, 03:45 PM
OK heres the story...
On ion owners forum I arranged a deal with a member there for a 2 for 1 for my ion... Was supposed to receive an 04 Angel Fly and an 05 Imp in trade. I agreed to ship first because the guy's feedback was decent and he also has a business modding guns advertised and such. I mailed it out USPS priority on Monday of last week 16 July 2006, On Friday of last week I sent the guy a PM asking if he had received it or not... At that time he stated that he had not received it and as a sign of good faith would mail the imp out to me on Monday the 24th. Thought this was kind of odd but thats just me... He also stated that he would mail the angel out when he received the ion. Monday rolls around and my package still hasn't arrived. He stated at that time that he mailed out the impulse and the angel wall charger... Kind of kept in touch with him throughout the week, and then low and behold this morning I get an IM from his screenname that went on to state that it was his fiancee and that he had passed away, "she" further went on to state that if my package arrives she will mail it back to me... Is it just me or does anyone else see this as kind of fishy? PLease discuss and let me know what I should do... Thanks!
Oh yeah and he plays or used to play (if he's passed) :dodgy: for team defiance in Michigan...
Derek

splaturout
07-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Report him/her to the MODs and owner of the site. Then get all the info from the MODs about him and all contact info. Call the local police about the scam and what happened. They will most likely refer you to the "internet police department" to report the crime.

Once you have his/her info, mail them and state what will happen and what actions you are about to take. That will give them some idea of what is about to happen. That might be enough to get them to stop what they are doing.

Of course this only applies IF you never receive your gun back.

durrell
07-28-2006, 03:53 PM
If you have his name and address, use his name and city to find local newspaper and look at the obituatries. Although this story sounds VERY far fetched, it could be true (>00001% chance) Why would a deceased man's fiancee get on his IM to let people know that he had died..?

splaturout
07-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Why would she care about this when her fiancee just past away. I know for a fact if something like this happened to me my wife would not care about it and would just Return to sender everything that came to my house.

big_daddy_d
07-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah I know durrell, seems real fishy since he IM'ed me back day before yesterday. Yesterday is the first time this guy didn't respond to me...

bamf-hacker
07-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Very Very Fishy....

***ering Fiancé sending out IM's to strangers... Not likely. Check with Chiu and Ydna to see if they can help you get some more info.

Sorry man, don't like to see anyone get scammed.

big_daddy_d
07-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Chiu just responded back to me saying he has never been led to believe that the guy in question has done anything shady... Haven't found anything obituary wise... kind of starting to get irritated...

thechubbss12
07-28-2006, 08:50 PM
That sux man... Ehh was that the Ion i traded you?....

Sounds like a scammer to me...

Live2Play
07-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah, something isn't right there. For your sake man, I hope he's not a scammer.

big_daddy_d
07-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Ehh was that the Ion i traded you?....

Sounds like a scammer to me...
Yup sure was...

druid
07-28-2006, 11:40 PM
perhaps it was a brother/buddy screwing around on his s/n?

big_daddy_d
07-29-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm hoping thats the case druid, but someones been laying low on Ion Owners for the last few days...

mgsboy
07-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Yup sure was...
Wow I'm really sorry dude, hope it isnt a scammer. That was my first ever high end gun that I traded to thechubbss12 in which he traded to you.

TacTownKilla
07-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Wow I'm really sorry dude, hope it isnt a scammer. That was my first ever high end gun that I traded to thechubbss12 in which he traded to you.

ions arent high end.... How old is this guy? If he still lives with his parents send them a letter explaining the situation. Should clear things up.

big_daddy_d
07-29-2006, 02:33 PM
supposedly from his team website he is 23 so I don't think talking to his parents is going to help...

mgsboy
07-29-2006, 06:20 PM
ions arent high end.... How old is this guy? If he still lives with his parents send them a letter explaining the situation. Should clear things up.
Take it easy....I meant it was high end compared to my first gun. You shouldn't assume you know what someone are talking about or what sense they are putting it in when you don't even know the person. Geez so much for being welcomed to the site.

By the way big_daddy_d he is probably right......try sending a letter.

big_daddy_d
07-31-2006, 12:25 PM
got a phone number now I just need someone to call it...

killerpinecone
07-31-2006, 12:30 PM
like one of us, wheres druid, he should straightin things out

thechubbss12
07-31-2006, 12:37 PM
i will call it

If you want me too...

big_daddy_d
07-31-2006, 01:30 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/bulldogg_pupp/jmpaintballrepairandmod.htm
is the site that he has advertised his mod service phone number is Josh @ 231-386-7469 ask to speak with Josh and just ask about ion mods that you are interested in... Just wanting to see if this guy is still alive, and I can't call long distance from work :(

TacTownKilla
07-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Take it easy....I meant it was high end compared to my first gun. You shouldn't assume you know what someone are talking about or what sense they are putting it in when you don't even know the person. Geez so much for being welcomed to the site.

By the way big_daddy_d he is probably right......try sending a letter.

Take it easy? I only said ions arent high end, which they arent. So i shouldnet assume what anyone on the whole site is talking about since i dont know them? By your own deffination you shouldnet have responded to this thread since you dont know them or what they are talking about.

big_daddy_d
07-31-2006, 02:55 PM
simmer down you two lol, back to the topic at hand, someone call that number on the second page of this thread for me :D:D geez I hate bein at work :(

TacTownKilla
07-31-2006, 03:25 PM
called him. Another older fellow picked up (father maybe)

Older fellow:Hello
Me:Is josh there?
Older fellow:yes what for?
Me:Im calling about some ion mods(:dodgy:)
older fellow: Ok and what is your name?
Me: Alex
Older fellow: OK ill go get him, hes in the back.

(in background)
older fellow: Josh, alex is on the phone about some paintball stuff...

(Back on phone)
older fellow: Hes in the shower, You can call back in a half a hour if you would like.
me: ok i will thank you

So i guess hes alive, sounds like he does live with his family. I think callin that number and talkin to his parents would be the best bet.

big_daddy_d
07-31-2006, 03:34 PM
Thankyou! Just what I needed...

big_daddy_d
07-31-2006, 03:43 PM
This is what I got in my IM box from ION owners a couple of minutes ago...

What the hell is going on I haven't passed I have been in vegas with my construction company! I just got back today! I have gotten your package and am going to mail the angel out tomorrow! But please get back with me and tell me what the hell is going on cause I am confused myself!

TacTownKilla
07-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Sounds like he tryed to scam you, didnt work out, so hes gonna do the trade. Might wanna look out if the guns are broken. Either that or he really was in vegas, but why wouldnet he tell you that he was leaving?

big_daddy_d
07-31-2006, 04:25 PM
he called me real apologetic like and is sending everything out tomorrow and calling me with the tracking number :D:D:D

DisIsMyUsername
07-31-2006, 07:55 PM
sheesh......must've been a long 3 days for ya.:undecided:

big_daddy_d
07-31-2006, 08:45 PM
been a pain in my ass is what it's been, thought I was gonna be out a marker, guess I owe TacTown a favor since he helped me out and called the individual involved... Tac I owe ya one!!!!!!!