PDA

View Full Version : Charger for Electra DX

mrsinbad
07-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I just bought a used Electra DX and it came with nothing. I can find a new charger, but I need to know if the center contact is positive (+) or negative (-). Can someone help? Thanks so much.

paintballluver93
07-30-2006, 03:31 PM
sry dude i dont think very many people are gonna be able to help you unless they have a DX too. i have an electra05 w/rocking trigger and ACS system and i dont know much about it either. Take to your nearest paint ball dealer or playing field, thats where most newbies go

druid
07-30-2006, 03:45 PM
well, they used to have it depicted on the transformer but it's not on mine. what it does say is:

Model: JE1024
Input: 120V 60Hz 3W
Output: 11.2V DC 20 mA
Direct Plug-in
Class 2
Power Supply
Made in China

take that to Radio Shack and they'll probably be able to help you better

mrsinbad
08-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate it. I guess without the diagram on the transformer, I would have to hope that someone would have a multimeter to test their power plug for me. Another way is to look at the circuit board and hope that they use red and black wires to mark the polarity. Otherwise, I'm SOL again. :(

I guess I can take the battery out and charge it outside (with a different charger) and put it back in before I go out. Inconvenient, but do-able. Also, I would be willing to bet the charging circuit on Electra ACS/Eyes is the same as the DX because they use the same battery. No real reason why they would want to incure the cost of redesigning the charging circuit and tooling when they can recycle it.

Thanks again

mrsinbad
08-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I called and spoke to a technician at Kingman and he cautioned me against using anything other than a Kingman charger for obvious reasons, but the answer to my question is "center positive," but I think I will go the route of a newer 9V NiMH battery charged in a separate charger. I will pop in a freshly charged battery before I go out and that should be good for 5-6,000 shots (more than a day for me).

Thanks everyone.