PDA

View Full Version : does any one know how to make my gun quieter

shamrock
07-27-2006, 12:06 PM
(this is my first time posting on a forum) ok, im 17 and i have a spyder compact 2000 with rocking trigger and evo, every thing else stock. i had been out the game for a while untill recently and when i went to the feild and saw my friend and his buddies with their new markers and the first thing i noticed was that they shot as fast as mine but were a million times quieter. now i know that these new markers use a different technology than my O.D. spyder but i was hoping that there might be a way to make it sound a little more like theres and a little less like a granade launcher!!:mad: if anyone has any ideas im egar to hear.

druid
07-27-2006, 12:11 PM
not really....making it LP and a better barrel will help. Go to Otter's site (Spyder Bible) in my signature and then "spyder Pages" and "Project LP" all you need to know is there

thechubbss12
07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Umm search feature.....

Alright well someone is going to flame you for it so get ready...

Low Preasure (LP) jobs are the way to go. It will require you to either mod everything internaly that you have or purchase alot of products...

You will need to Mod your striker, valve , valve pin. Bolt, and V/a.... Or you will need to purchase a new valve W/ Valve pin, bolt, V/a, and a new reg (CP, Torp are good spyder regs). This will cost you lots of money and on both conversions you will need to buy a Reg at minimal....

shamrock
07-27-2006, 12:18 PM
so low pressure is the way to go eh? i thought my marker came low pressure because it has a low pressure chamber on the front of it, is there more to it?

bamf-hacker
07-27-2006, 12:32 PM
also multiple threads on the same thing are a waste... I posted about it in the other thread, just stated the same as the others here. barrel would help a little and that Spyders are loud...

splaturout
07-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Just get a silencer!!!!

LOL

Read the "What happened to..." thread!

druid
07-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Just get a silencer!!!!

LOL

Read the "What happened to..." thread!

Um.....no. There are some of us in Law Enforcement that disuade people from this type of activity because unless properly done - IT'S ILLEGAL. :dodgy:

read..... http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2035&highlight=silencers

bigred76
07-27-2006, 09:06 PM
He was being sarcastic. :dodgy: The poor new guy doesn't know how to do the :dodgy:'s yet, cut him some slack.

marvin-martian
07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
druids getting too uppity...

splaturout
07-28-2006, 04:09 AM
:dodgy:

I GOT IT!! Does that make it better?

druid
07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
um...no.....lol...

Oh and shamrock to actually answer your question...the Low Pressure Chamber is used to hold air so a lower pressure can be achieved...but it's not a Low Pressure marker just because it exists. It still uses the same 850 psi out of the bottle as any other 'standard' spyder. You have to do additional mods/upgrades to make the marker a "true" LP marker