PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Xtra.

FullMetalAngel
07-27-2006, 08:39 AM
My team has one guy with a TL-R, another with a Pilot ASC, and I am deciding. I have a spyder Sonix ( a very begginner gun). I want to upgrade to a 2006 Spyder Xrta. Should I get this gun, and then upgrade the barrel and hopper, or get an entirely different gun?

Sincerely,
Full Metal Angel

Live2Play
07-29-2006, 06:01 PM
My team has one guy with a TL-R, another with a Pilot ASC, and I am deciding. I have a spyder Sonix ( a very begginner gun). I want to upgrade to a 2006 Spyder Xrta. Should I get this gun, and then upgrade the barrel and hopper, or get an entirely different gun?

Sincerely,
Full Metal Angel

I really dont think you should spend money on the 06 Xtra. Reason is, you will get the same performance from that gun as you will from the TL-R. I would instead use that money for ups on the TL-R such as hopper and barrel as you mentioned previously. In my opinion it would be a complete waste of money buying the xtra because your basically buying the same gun in just a new body.

Spyder_Tech22
09-01-2006, 03:45 PM
The sonix is exactly the same only difference is the cosmetic looks. If I were you I would look into an Egg2, JJ edge barrel kit, and also get a NDZ feedneck.

BlackHawk
09-02-2006, 06:32 PM
after reading the Otter's comments about slicking the internals. i think you should stay with what you have and refine it. i took my Xtra apart last night and cleaned up the scratches ( which were few) on the top of the bolt. then i slicked up the striker to a real fine,smooth finish (polished) then took the front end apart and got down to the valve, and polished the shaft of the piston to a slick finish. then took apart the trigger group and polished the sear. what an awesome difference it made.... this gun is slicker than my Pilot ACS now. and the Xtra is a manual gun.... i am very impressed.
so leaning ear to your questions, i would put a freak bbl on it so you can match the paint size to barrel size. get a eVolution II hopper on it, and slick up the internals. then you should have the BEST of manual guns that would rival most e-guns. My .02 cents.

phantom_yyz
09-12-2006, 03:54 PM
wtf r u guys talking about? the 06 is built for air just like an 06 electra. if ur gona use co2, get an imagine untill ur ready for hpa. if u have hpa, get the 06 as a cheap gun then upgrade to an ion, promaster, wrath, ect.

vwjimmy
09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
after reading the Otter's comments about slicking the internals. i think you should stay with what you have and refine it. i took my Xtra apart last night and cleaned up the scratches ( which were few) on the top of the bolt. then i slicked up the striker to a real fine,smooth finish (polished) then took the front end apart and got down to the valve, and polished the shaft of the piston to a slick finish. then took apart the trigger group and polished the sear. what an awesome difference it made.... this gun is slicker than my Pilot ACS now. and the Xtra is a manual gun.... i am very impressed.
so leaning ear to your questions, i would put a freak bbl on it so you can match the paint size to barrel size. get a eVolution II hopper on it, and slick up the internals. then you should have the BEST of manual guns that would rival most e-guns. My .02 cents.
This is a good post and nice, positive input....I love my mech Compact now that it got its Otter trigger job...great marker! The newer mech does have the same internals......

wtf r u guys talking about? the 06 is built for air just like an 06 electra. if ur gona use co2, get an imagine untill ur ready for hpa. if u have hpa, get the 06 as a cheap gun then upgrade to an ion, promaster, wrath, ect.
This is crap...All Xtras' are CO2 compatible....

phantom_yyz
09-14-2006, 11:53 AM
well i didnt say they wernt. im saying, didnt they add somthing to make it better with air like the 06 electra?