PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal Signup

pb34
07-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi guys,

I'm deciding to sign up for paypal and I'm wondering which option I should choose. The options are personal, premium, or business accounts. Which will I need to use on the forums? Thanks.

bamf-hacker
07-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Use a personal account at first. Once you get enough transactions they will make you upgrade it to a premium account which is where they charge 3% +.30 on money coming into your account.

In the beginning though it is free.

pb34
07-27-2006, 07:47 AM
ok cool. thanks alot.

leed
07-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Like BAMF said, start with personal. Now, it was different for me, it was once I started to recieve payments through debit/credit cards that they started having me pay the .03 x total.. But maybe not. I probably just didn't read close enough.

Anyways, so you know, I got really frustrated with how long it took for PayPal and my Bank to transact, but it will take time if you hook directly up to your bank. As opposed to just doing it through credit/debit card. What they do, is they send two random amounts of cents (two transactions) to your bank account, and you have to verify how much they put in, so that you can use your bank account to put in/take out money.

PayPal makes things a lot easier, but they also make spending money easier, so be careful with what you buy, and only buy things you really need, or something you could find useful.

G'luck!

thechubbss12
07-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Unless you make the moneys that i do.... =)....

Yea personal accouts limit you horribly... Like i had one and they said i needed to upgrade my account to recieve payment form someone who paid by a debt card?... go figure... I would say start with a preimium just cause it saves you the time...

pb34
07-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Haha. Thanks for all the imput guys. I think I'll start with the personal and see what happens.

Recon by Fire
07-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Unless you need to accept credit cards, stick with the free personal account.