PDA

View Full Version : Not recocking! HELP!!!

FATBOY
07-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I recently got a Victor II off ebay and it arrived unable to recock. I have changed all of the o-rings, disassembled and reessembled the entire thing several times. I heard a trick to take the barrel off and place the open end flat on a table to get more back pressure to get the bolt moving back. If I do this and cover the "feed hole" it will recock. Not every time but most of the time. Then I took it outside to shoot it and the ball goes about 5 feet out of the barrel and it does not recock. If I push the bolt forward when I fire it recocks. I only did this once as the problem with this method is the recocking bolt slams your finger into the back of the gun! Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Live2Play
07-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Are you sure all the parts are in thier proper place? ie. striker buffer BEHIND the striker? That will cause recocking issues if its not in the proper place.

FATBOY
07-31-2006, 04:48 AM
YES, i checked the diagram and even watched the online kingman video to make sure.

Live2Play
07-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Have you removed the valve when you diassembled the gun as well? I know some people dont do that, and if you've bought the gun and the guy took the valve out, he could have possibly put it in wrong causing you to have recocking issues as well. It should be big hole to the front, and little hole to the back of the gun. (I know you took the gun apart, but I'm just trying to rule out any possibilities.) Are you sure the sear is properly catching the striker?

FATBOY
08-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Truns out the jack*** cut the spring in the back to about 1/2 the lengh it should be. Replaced both springs and she fires like a champ. Thanks for the help.

Live2Play
08-01-2006, 12:39 PM
No problem, just glad it works for ya now:)