PDA

View Full Version : help installing a bob long torpedo

BrandChopian
07-26-2006, 11:24 AM
I just bought a bob long torpedo off of ebay. I took of the stock reg (by unscrewing the two hex screws on the va) how do I actually connect the bob long? It won't fit in the VA and its threaded. I took off the top part of the stock reg but thatt will not screw into the top. Are there different kinds of torpedos? Once I actually get it in do I need to buy a longer hose? (i already bought a thread adapter but I'm asuming thats for the hose right? That part hasn't come yet).

vikingshadow
07-26-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking the Rodeo has that screwed up vertical adapter? If so, you'll have to buy a new vertical adapter to screw the torpedo into. Normally, the reg just screws right into the adapter with nothing else needed.

Sorry for the bad news!

bamf-hacker
07-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Vike you are 100% correct... You will need a new VA like the Check It Assault block or something similar to use your new regulator.

BrandChopian
07-26-2006, 02:12 PM
can I take off the valve off of my VA and put it on the bob long? also will I need to buy another hose? I like the steel braided.

Jimmyd24
07-26-2006, 06:24 PM
is that the same for me and my rodeo if im buying a palmer, why is it different with thge rodeo

ooglieboogliebob
07-26-2006, 08:07 PM
... valve off your va .... ?? eh ?? you mean the LPC ?? no, the threads are smaller, and it just wouldn't work ...

Get a new VA, maybe buy a stock one from thechubbs and mod it yourself or you could always get the higherflowing assault block.

It's different for most of the current model guns IE: new sonix, new xtra, new tl-x (tl-r), new rodeo, new pilot
Not sure why they made it that way ... but they did :undecided:

Jimmyd24
07-27-2006, 04:08 PM
so does that mean taht if i buy the check it assault va that my stock reg wont screw into that one to

Jimmyd24
07-27-2006, 04:09 PM
also how good is the stocvk reg for the rodeo, if i have hpa do i really need a new reg?

ooglieboogliebob
07-27-2006, 04:56 PM
your fine with the stock reg for now ... just get it if/when you go LP

Jimmyd24
07-27-2006, 06:42 PM
how do i go lp, i mean i got a good lp bolt, got hpa, what else do i need to do, i thoguh the only other ways in order to go lp were to get a new vertical adpater and get a new reg

ooglieboogliebob
07-27-2006, 06:53 PM
New VA or highly modded (your gonna need a new VA anywho cuz it's not threaded)
New Reg (CP, 2 liter, Evolve PI)
New Valve (HP NDZ valve, Madman Rocket)
Bolt with o-rings ...

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/lp.html
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/project.html

Theres for more info.

Jimmyd24
07-27-2006, 07:54 PM
what are the valves

ooglieboogliebob
07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
... google is your friend ... is it not ?? ... as well as spyder manuals, and otters site ...

Have you even gave the effort to read the links i gave you ??

In Project LP it shows you what a valve looks like ... then in LP faq it tells you what it is ...

Jimmyd24
07-27-2006, 10:47 PM
why should i go on google or go looking for answers, isnt this forum made for that more or less, so you can get your questions answered, if you dont wont to help then dont respond, but dont be an ******* about it

ooglieboogliebob
07-28-2006, 12:29 AM
I wasn't trying to be an "*******", rather just tell you what you could have done for prior knowledge before beating on us for answers. Yes, this is a forum to answer questions but why ask questions that have already been answered ?? If you do a search in these forums you'll find answers that have been answered many times. Why should we have to explain 10-20 times on what has already been answered ?? Should we have to tell every single person what to do ?? A simple search on these forums would give you practically all the information you need.

It's hard on us, and just wastes space on these forums. Either way, did i not directly link you to two things that explain what a valve is, as well as LP ?? One shows you what it is, and the other shows you what it does. Did you just pass by it ?? I really don't even think you read the two articles i gave you.

Do you even give a damn on the useful things we tell/show you, or does it just pass though one ear and out another ?? Im sorry i couldn't "help" you with my useful links, and i'll do exactly what you say. As of now im done arguing with you. Goodluck on finding answers, because you won't be finding any from me any longer.

druid
07-28-2006, 09:52 AM
I wasn't trying to be an "*******",
Right...that's my job.
rather just tell you what you could have done for prior knowledge before beating on us for answers. Yes, this is a forum to answer questions but why ask questions that have already been answered ?? If you do a search in these forums you'll find answers that have been answered many times. 1.Why should we have to explain 10-20 times on what has already been answered ??
2.Should we have to tell every single person what to do ??
3.A simple search on these forums would give you practically all the information you need.
1. because that's our job. Who cares how many times it's asked...right? What's the best barrel? what's a reg? Can I put eyes on my omgwtfbbqLeetSniperRig?
2.Yes. This is a daycare that is required to hold everyone's hand. NO ONE is allowed to think or do the research and work for themselves.
3. um...what's a 'search' and where do I find it?

It's hard on us, and just wastes space on these forums. Either way, did i not directly link you to two things that explain what a valve is, as well as LP ?? One shows you what it is, and the other shows you what it does. Did you just pass by it ?? I really don't even think you read the two articles i gave you.
now now...that's not a good way to speak to new members of the forum (I remember a similar speach from....sommmewhere :thinking: )
Do you even give a damn on the useful things we tell/show you, or does it just pass though one ear and out another ?? Im sorry i couldn't "help" you with my useful links, and i'll do exactly what you say. As of now im done arguing with you. Goodluck on finding answers, because you won't be finding any from me any longer.

wow druid...er um ooglie...pop a Motrin and call me in the morning :D

**whispers "well said"**

:D

bigred76
07-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Wow, you aint getting no help from me either. I hate asshat nubes who come in and expect every last bit of info handed to them. And honestly, if you don't know with a VALVE is, you probably shouldn't be playing.

Modded-Like-Hell
07-28-2006, 12:31 PM
...if you don't know with a VALVE is, you probably shouldn't be playing.

damn!!! you took the words right out of my mouth

here this will help, next time give some effort, E for EFFORT

this what a valve is-
http://www.e-paintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=1567

vikingshadow
07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Take it easy on this guy, fellows! NONE of us knew things when we first started. I didn't know what a valve on a paintball gun was for a month or two after I started - not until I started modifying things.

If all a guy does is play and clean his gun, and not modify, chances are he might not know what things are. Let's stop the flaming, even from you Jimmy (as well as the rest of ya.) Although I get really tired of seeing the same posts over and over, he is newer to the forums and that is what we're here for....

Jimmyd24
07-28-2006, 08:03 PM
i know what a valve is i just didnt know where it was located or stuff like that, im not a tourney player i just like to have fun, finally, ive read those links over like a thousand times previous to you giving them to me and in those links they never tell you where the valve is located or anyting like taht

emf7301
07-28-2006, 09:01 PM
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/works.html

Here's a link that labels everything inside the spyder and provides a frame by frame explanation of what happens. At the bottom is an animation of the whole cycle. We don't try to be "*******s", we try to encourage people to be more resourceful and take it upon themselves to look on the sites that we provide for the info that you need. All we ask is that you be more appreciative of our help and that you try and find the info yourself instead relying on people who frankly don't have to help you if we don't want to (and trust me, you don't want that cuz all hell can break loose upon you). We all want to help you improve your paintballing experience but you have to be willing to work yourself as well.

Jimmyd24
07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
is the inside to check it assualt block threaded for the regulator

druid
07-31-2006, 05:19 PM
all the Spyder 'aftermarket' Vertical Adapters (VA's) like the assault block and Trinity...plus "aftermarket-but-stock-looking" VA's - are threaded to accept standard regulators like the Torp, Stab, etc...which coincidentally, are threaded the same as the valve threads on a CO2/HPA bottle.

BrandChopian
09-18-2006, 02:26 PM
ARGG! guys I'm having the same problem, I have a bob long reg and I just bought a new VA (15deg.) off ebay.. excepr the 15degrees isn't threaded either??? This is what I bought on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&item=270025014562&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Also anyone know what that regualtor is? (its not better than the bob long is it?

viseversa2303
09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
http://kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html

that link should show you how to take apart your marker fully that is where i learned where the valve is and how to change/replace mine. not really good with regs but just a quick faq

shunut
09-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Some of Kingman's VAs are not threaded. You're going to need a different VA. You might be able to mod that VA but it is going to be more work than its worth. Get a Check It Assault Block or a Trinity VA.

Paintball0308
09-25-2006, 12:30 PM
is the inside to check it assualt block threaded for the regulator
You have one and a regulator so you should know. look in your sig.