PDA

View Full Version : MR3 or A5????

willie_sharp_shot
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Im tryin to decide which one to get and its killen me!!! i ve heard lots of good comments about the A5 but not so much for the MR series!! just wanted some pls .02 about how u think the performance of the MR3 would be rated up against the TippmanA5!!! and also how u think the MR3 will compare against the MR2!! thank for ur help and comments!!!

Maxx-Damage
07-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Some people say the mr3 is just a mr2 wth eye and a bigger shroud. I had the chioce of A-5 or MR2. Go with what fells better and what parts are kept in stock at ur shop/field so if it breaks there are parts available:)

willie_sharp_shot
07-26-2006, 10:34 AM
how do u like ur MR2??? ive been hearing that many ppl have faults with theirs while others are perfectly fine!!

wylde01
07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
my mr2 has never had a problem and ive had it for about 4-5 months

Maxx-Damage
07-26-2006, 11:19 AM
I like it, really is a cool gun but i have a leak that is hopfully going to be fixed today.

pman15
07-26-2006, 11:22 AM
review on a5:

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1160/#

review on mr3:

sorry no reviews on them yet

willie_sharp_shot
07-26-2006, 12:51 PM
thanks for the comments so far but keep em comin!!! ive read the reviews for the A5 but hadnt seen many on the net so i just thought what better forum to find a MR3 review than the spyder website so all help and comments is greatly appreciated!!!

Guitar_kid99
07-26-2006, 01:30 PM
go with an mr2 more work than dont
besides its an mr2 with eyes big whoop
in my opinion the mr3 is worse because the shroud is bigger
an mr2 fires almost twice as fast as an a5 and is less money and has a stock and has an anti chop bolt and has an electro grip and has a bigger foregrip and has a bolt that moves inside not outside and you can put any hopper you want on it
8 things that an a5 doesnt have

bigred76
07-26-2006, 02:11 PM
http://imgs.pbnation.com/smilies/idea.gif I have an even greater idea than what anyone else has posted in this thread: you could go to your local paintball shop/field and ask to try each out first hand! That way, you actually know whether or not you'll like what you're buying! I know, I'm a genious. :D

willie_sharp_shot
07-26-2006, 03:02 PM
hahah thx there rnt many paintball shops where i live!!! there all far away!! thx for the advice but whats wrong with the bigger shroud??? ive heard there would be shroud probs but im not so sure what that means!!

SharpObjects
07-26-2006, 03:46 PM
It means you can't use some aftermarket barrels that are wider at the back where the threading is. The shroud is what is covering most of the barrel.

And the eye's are a big woop. How many Tippmanns, or any milsim marker for that matter have eyes?

I don't like the A-5 because it has this huge wall on the right of the marker which makes for great hopper hits.

TenderVittles
07-26-2006, 05:40 PM
I'd say go for the MR2. It has some problems (detent, stock, shroud), but its electric and has an acs bolt. I don't know yet about the MR3, The shroud is longer, so I was thinking maybe the J&J Ceramic wouldnt fit (the barrel gets wider again at the second half) The only reason to go for an A-5 would be that it is more upgradeable and you can get the flatline for it.

Command2A
07-27-2006, 06:52 AM
hahah thx there rnt many paintball shops where i live!!! there all far away!! thx for the advice but whats wrong with the bigger shroud??? ive heard there would be shroud probs but im not so sure what that means!!

Well, I would think due to the shroud design and how the barrel is surrounded by it, you would be limited if you ever wanted to upgrade the barrel. The MR2 has the similar design also. The stock barrel on the MR2 is not bad, I would have to guess that the MR3 has the same barrel. I see so many A5's on the fields I play at, and most of them have all been modified/customized. It really comes down to the player and what feels right for them.

bamf-hacker
07-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I know you asked about the MR3 and A5 but I also wanted to through out the idea of an Ion. You can get a MilSim body and have a really good gun.

paintballluver93
07-28-2006, 07:57 PM
dude, what the heck is wrong with u.......Buy the freakin' MR3........A5's SUCK

willie_sharp_shot
07-29-2006, 10:26 AM

hahaha y do u say that???

pman15
07-29-2006, 07:56 PM

please dont post that kinda stuff because posts like that are just saying that "u think" a5's suck.that just proves u never even tested one out.overall though,i'd say that these two guns are gonna have a equal emount of performance in them

The Doctor
07-30-2006, 09:50 AM
I'd say go for the MR2. It has some problems (detent, stock, shroud), but its electric and has an acs bolt. I don't know yet about the MR3, The shroud is longer, so I was thinking maybe the J&J Ceramic wouldnt fit (the barrel gets wider again at the second half) The only reason to go for an A-5 would be that it is more upgradeable and you can get the flatline for it.

I have an MR3 and a 14 inch J&J, it fits perfectly....

Also, my spyder threaded Apex fits on my MR3 (and makes it look MEAN), it takes the flatline issue out of the decision...

FWIW, I replaced two Egriped A5's with the MR3 and have been very happy with it...

warhammer72
08-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey man like the other guy said go with which ever one meets your criteria. I have both the MR2 and MR3. I love both of them;however I like the MR3 a litttle more just for the fact that it has an adjustable stock. (I have long arms) Oh and the eyes. For the price thats awsome! The double detents are another improvement. I have put enough money into both that they are equal in performance and reliability to the A-5. Just as a test I put 400 balls through the MR3 on full auto and not one break! To be fair I'm a Tippy hater!

MR3
VLocity loader
Apex barrel
MR2
Vlocity loader
Apex barrel

One peace of advice: whenever you remove your rear internals put a little oil on the striker o ring.

lilc
08-04-2006, 09:20 PM
I love my Spyder, but I'll take a Cyclone feed over an eye any day...

http://www.pbase.com/image/56998892.jpg