PDA

View Full Version : Sliding in to a bunker

TStites
07-26-2006, 07:23 AM
I was reading an article and it said not to slide feet first, slide in superman style, I am not sure why this is. When sliding feet first, I can slide in low keep my eyes on what is in front of me and when I reach the spot I can pull my self up tight with the bunker. Can any one tell me why sliding in face first superman style is better, and why you should not slide feet first the writer did not give reasons why. Or do you think this is just the writer’s personal opinion.

vikingshadow
07-26-2006, 07:57 AM
When you dive face first, you get there much quicker than sliding in feet first. However, I'm old and NEVER superman anymore unless it's sand that I'm diving on. It also depends on the bunker and where on the field it is.

I personally prefer the 3 point slide keeping the gun up. That way, I can immediately start or continue to fire once I hit the bunker.

druid
07-26-2006, 11:29 AM
The last time I did a two-handed superman dive, I bounced my jewels off the groung and puked in my mask. THAT'LL never happen again. I now do a one-handed variation which works much better at protecting the boys...

Generally speaking, it's easier and faster to get to your knees from a prone-ish position than it is to 'sit up' and shoot.

Don't forget that you have all your pods on your back. Sliding feet first can wreck your pods and dump your paint all over the ground (depending on your pack)

TStites
07-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Ok now that makes alot of since.

timmyshoota
07-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Its all about where you are sliding. If I'm going into certain bunkers I superman. Others I'll baseball slide. If I'm running out to the corners or I'm bumping up and want to shoot immediately I baseball slide. If I need to get down quickly I do a superman.

GFXAddict
07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I baseball slide PERIOD

thechubbss12
07-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Yep timmy said it all....

When makeing the snake off break you will want to baseball it... Just because if you have ever tried to superman at full speed... It to say the least.... hurts.

timmyshoota
07-26-2006, 03:35 PM
When makeing the snake off break you will want to baseball it... Just because if you have ever tried to superman at full speed... It to say the least.... hurts.
I superman into the snake off the break most of the time. Just get low. If it hurts, you aren't getting low enough before diving. Its not like you are flopping to the ground, you just get low and push off, like the start of a swimming race.

vikingshadow
07-26-2006, 04:05 PM
My gut gets in the way and end up rocking back on my, yeah, well you know....so I just send one of the younger kids to the snake and I bump up later. Easier to superman from 10 feet away than 30!